• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

120 senior chinese officials get $500,000 funding from Temasek for training at NTU

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
$500,000 for 120 person = $4166.66 per person for a 8-day course.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=582172

April 27, 2011 14:10 PM

Senior Chinese Officials Undergo 'Training-Of-Trainers' Programme In Singapore

SINGAPORE, April 27 (Bernama) -- Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the Temasek Foundation (TF) yesterday launched the "Training-of-Trainers" leadership executive programme for senior officials from Jiangsu, China.

The first batch of over 40 high-ranking leaders and trainers will undergo the one-week residential training programme at NTU from April 26 to May 3, 2011.

"This leadership training programme aims to introduce to participants new concepts and applications in the areas of public administration and governance based on the Singapore experience, and to equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills to manage change and development," said Dr Su Guaning, the NTU President.

With a funding of S$500,000 from Temasek Foundation, the training programme will benefit a total of 120 senior officials from the Academy for Public Administration under the State Council of Jiangsu province.

The participants are trainers and lecturers who are responsible for the training conducted for all officials in the Jiangsu province. They will learn about some of Singapore's best practices in public administration and governance and hone their skills in pedagogies in public sector training.

-- BERNAMA

Last edited:

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 120 senior chinese officials get $500,000 funding from Temasek for training at NT

To associate with upcoming 1.3 million people politically and economically is a very wise investment.Afterall,we are blood brothers!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 120 senior chinese officials get $500,000 funding from Temasek for training at NT

欢迎!欢迎!热烈欢迎!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B3DyWJp-aXU" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Last edited:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have trained junior PRC govt officials before. There are a lot of cultural differences. They are still used to directive teaching (basically one way transmission) and not sharing thier knowledge. This 500k is more PR money.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I have trained junior PRC govt officials before. There are a lot of cultural differences. They are still used to directive teaching (basically one way transmission) and not sharing thier knowledge. This 500k is more PR money.

hi there

1. what an expensive "kwan-sea" activity man!
2. just picture this: making use of the same amount on many under-privileged sheep here.
3. would it be some betterer thing?
4. after all, chiney are super rich, they can easily afford anything now.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

I stopped asking them questions in class cos what I get in return is a recitation of department/country policies. They are damn scared of looking stupid in front of their colleagues. What's the point of coming for classes when you already know everything? They are still stuck in the 80s in terms of approach to learning. Here we accept that a lot of things we do not know, cannot possibly know and that's why we are attending classes.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal

Without any specified tangible benefits in return, this will only make the Chinese look down on SGreans even more. Everywhere else in the world, the Chinese govt and corporates are made to pay for what they want because they are rich and the SG govt is bending over backwards for them?!! If this is not the behaviour of a lackey or spineless coward, then I don't know what is.

I predict that SG will become a vassal state of PRC within 10 years. Your taxes are already being given to them as annual "gifts". I think I would rather vote to have SG become a colony of PRC than to have another layer of intermediate rulers.

Last edited:

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

I predict that SG will become a vassal state of PRC within 10 years. Your taxes are already being given to them as annual "gifts". I think I would rather vote to have SG become a colony of PRC than to have another layer of intermediate rulers.

Will we be sending our SPGs to PRC as "gifts" like the Koreans during Ming Dynasty?

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will we be sending our SPGs to PRC as "gifts" like the Koreans during Ming Dynasty?

I heard they have a shortage over there so I believe this will happen very soon if it hasn't already. I heard from a reliable source that the male PRC scholars at our local universities were actively "encouraged" to get a SGrean gf.