• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whats going on with Spore's World Class Inland Revenu Authority?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've already paid my property tax and today I got another letter from them revising the amount upwards:eek: i.e. I now have a few weeks to cough up more $$ for property tax:(

This is a revision of the assessment they billed me just a few months ago. How can they make a mistake or suka, suka revise the amount upwards:confused:

Is this revision because they have to find the $$$ to pay for TV license refund & the so called "Grow & Share" :confused:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've already paid my property tax and today I got another letter from them revising the amount upwards:eek: i.e. I now have a few weeks to cough up more $$ for property tax:(

This is a revision of the assessment they billed me just a few months ago. How can they make a mistake or suka, suka revise the amount upwards:confused:

Is this revision because they have to find the $$$ to pay for TV license refund & the so called "Grow & Share" :confused:

It is the duty of every person to pay their taxes on time

Please do it to ensure that the country runs well

Don't forget, they need $$ to maintain the pigeonhole you live in

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The bro already said he paid his property tax...the need the money to maintain their IVORY TOWERS in live in...everybody pay taxes, anywhere in the world...the compalain here is not paying, but why revise after one had paid...:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eh??, maybe I didn't make it clear. I did pay my property tax on time, months ago. I paid the amount they(the gov't) billed me.

However, today I received ANOTHER bill for the same property tax. No apologies, or any explanation, just showing some figures of a revise amount.

How come the Inland Revenue can send me a revisedbill:confused: Always thought they have a year to figure out what they are going to taxed people.

What's to stop them from sending me ANOTHER revise bill a few months down the road:confused: How can we budget properly if the gov't can suka suka revise the cost of property taxes, power, water, etc

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh??, maybe I didn't make it clear. I did pay my property tax on time, months ago. I paid the amount they(the gov't) billed me.

However, today I received ANOTHER bill for the same property tax. No apologies, or any explanation, just showing some figures of a revise amount.

How come the Inland Revenue can send me a revisedbill:confused: Always thought they have a year to figure out what they are going to taxed people.

What's to stop them from sending me ANOTHER revise bill a few months down the road:confused: How can we budget properly if the gov't can suka suka revise the cost of property taxes, power, water, etc

Eh??, maybe I didn't make it clear.

They want you to visit your PAP MP to get a letter to argue against the revision

Then you will feel grateful and vote for PAP

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The bro already said he paid his property tax...the need the money to maintain their IVORY TOWERS in live in...everybody pay taxes, anywhere in the world...the compalain here is not paying, but why revise after one had paid...:rolleyes:

Yes, I already paid my property tax a few months ago.

I wonder how many other people received a revised bill:confused:

Maybe it's a coincidence but the revised bill is slightly higher than the refund I received for the TV license:eek: People were expecting the PAP to make up for the lost revenue from the abolishment of the "TV license".

In my case they even charged me extra:mad:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe it's a coincidence but the revised bill is slightly higher than the refund I received for the TV license:eek: People were expecting the PAP to make up for the lost revenue from the abolishment of the "TV license".

Don't be so frustrated for such a small amount

You can easily make it back with 1 hour of (specialized) work

Just go talk to your MP or RC or whatever

They will surely help you right now

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't be so frustrated for such a small amount

Look at it from my view point:
Took the trouble to pay my TV license on time, but it was time wasted because they refunded the payment & went on to increase my property tax.

Now I have to go to the post office again to pay my TV license, I mean my revised property tax

I now better then to use GIRO, each time I need to pay the gov't I go to the post office & to the bank for cheques from the gov't. It represents alot of inconvenience on my part

I'm sure the PAP has alienated other Sporeans by their many "honest mistakes". We'll see if enough have had enough on May 8th :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have not received my revised property tax? has anyone out there did?? strange!? as for the TV Licence I pay them, only when I receive the summons to appear in court, and donate $35 more, just to rant at MDA, why I have to pay that for crappy programs I do not even watch.....

The recovery of the TV License will be soon.....when you want to watch soccer matches, events etc... YOU PAY!...

Those 'long winded' Taiwanese dubbed serials, you pay...pay extra in you want in native language...coming soon....after the election...

plus the rumoured raise in GST...if they can deny...they have it in their mind already...:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have not received my revised property tax? has anyone out there did?? strange!? as for the TV Licence I pay them, only when I receive the summons to appear in court, and donate $35 more, just to rant at MDA, why I have to pay that for crappy programs I do not even watch.....

plus the rumoured raise in GST...if they can deny...they have it in their mind already...:rolleyes:

Maybe someone made a mistake and forgot to add all those extras to my property tax. The gov't is getting sloppy, maybe because its because they're distracted by the elections or they're short staffed :confused:

I'm thinking of going down & talking to someone to find out more. Time to do some pushing back:rolleyes:

If you decide to pay fines, you are just paying them extra$$. Those low level people you are complaining to are just worker bees. The real culprits are the untouchables up in their ivory towers .

They probably don't need to increase the GST since they've already increased alot of the prices. However unless they get a black eye in the GE we'll hear soon hear about gst increases:(

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a similar experience.

Just 1 day after they annouce the Growth & Share package, I rec. letter fm IRA that my income tax relief for last yr was claimed wrongly & had to be cancelled. Had to pay up the shortfall amount within a mth.

Guess they have to find ways to take back the money.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got a similar experience.

Just 1 day after they annouce the Growth & Share package, I rec. letter fm IRA that my income tax relief for last yr was claimed wrongly & had to be cancelled. Had to pay up the shortfall amount within a mth.

neh! neh! neh!..cheater never prospers!...that is what they are telling you! IRAS, LTA, HDB, PUB etc.. is on the ball....now give back, what you owe me now! that includes IRAS...and whatever...you think you so happy get the grow&SHARE...you did not read properly the SHARE part, didn't you?... ha ha ha ha

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Most of us expected the PAP to take back whatever $ they give out, with interest:mad:

They must really be hard up if they can't even wait to grab back what they give out by the abolishment of the TV license. What makes me angry is that I've already paid my TV license and property tax. They wasted my time with the so called TV licence refund & now i've to go down to pay my property tax again:mad:

I'm glad it's an election year. I can vent my anger by voting opposition:smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of us expected the PAP to take back whatever $ they give out, with interest:mad:

They must really be hard up if they can't even wait to grab back what they give out by the abolishment of the TV license. What makes me angry is that I've already paid my TV license and property tax. They wasted my time with the so called TV licence refund & now i've to go down to pay my property tax again:mad:

I'm glad it's an election year. I can vent my anger by voting opposition:smile:

Aiyah!...why so petty!! oppositions don't come in...the PAPies going get very petty...they will pet every pockets you have for money.... ha ha ha

Buy, 'chilli craps' from the woodenopeckergo....:biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. probably, you don't live in some mid-air pigeon-hole thing.
2. just take a good look at its monthly utility bill.
3. sheep have been paying paying and paying more to maintain the pigeon hole in mid-air.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Routine Practice.

Given the ever increasing property price and rental, the annual value of your property keeps going up, hence they revise your property tax. Now you see why MBT wants to keep property prices high?

In the years where property price don't move that much, they would not bother to revise. To be fair to them they did revise property tax downwards during the years where market was in doldrums.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the years where property price don't move that much, they would not bother to revise. To be fair to them they did revise property tax downwards during the years where market was in doldrums.

I'm living and not renting out my place. So even if property prices are going up I don't understand the ratonal of taxing people more for higher property prices:confused:

I'm sure people who are flipping properties are already being taxed by the gov't.

Obviously "property taxes" is another PAP goldmine. It's one of the hidden taxes that the PAP are so famous for :mad:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm living and not renting out my place. So even if property prices are going up I don't understand the ratonal of taxing people more for higher property prices:confused:

I'm sure people who are flipping properties are already being taxed by the gov't.

Obviously "property taxes" is another PAP goldmine. It's one of the hidden taxes that the PAP are so famous for :mad:

Bingo ! But MBT will say you kanna high pty tax because thanks to him, your property now is worth a lot !
This is a colonial thing, PAP fully exploit this. Everything has a tax for "ownership" and "consumption". Buy house kanna stamp duty one time (ownership), then every year must pay property tax (consumption). Buy car kanna import duties and COE (ownership), then every year pay road tax.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bingo ! But MBT will say you kanna high pty tax because thanks to him, your property now is worth a lot !

Which constituency is MBT running in:confused:

I hope they kick him out because if you look at the PAP, I doubt that LKY & LHL aren't bright enough to come up with all these "property enhancement" schemes.:rolleyes: