• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Angry cabby hurls vulgarities at driver who honked at him to give way

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
cabby_hurls_vulgarities_at_driver_who_honked_at_him-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Tan honked twice, and gestured at a cabby for him to give way as the taxi was blocking the carpark entrance. The cabby reportedly became very agitated, made rude gestures and even got out of his vehicle to shout vulgarities at the STOMPer.

The incident happened near a taxi queue at Marina Bay Sands Tower 3 on Apr 21, at about 6pm.

The STOMPer reported:

"This taxi driver from TransCab was blocking the entrance to the basement car park at Marina Bay Sands Tower 3.

"When I asked politely for him to move his car backwards to let me pass, he flashed his middle finger at us and alighted to give us a non-stop f-word scolding!

"This should not be the way."

"I don't understand what triggered him off this way," added the STOMPer over a phone conversation. "He also took pictures of me, while I was taking pictures of him."

STOMP understands from Ms Tan that she has also reported this incident to the taxi company.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thought lim boon heng say taxi drivers very happy with opening of 2 IRs? is this the proof?

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This one different. He cannot gamble due to certain reason, so very angry mah....

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
See from the photo infront of the red cab(transcab) still have another taxi. So how the taxi give way if the front car block him?
The stomper must have blind eye to see the situation.

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
See from the photo infront of the red cab(transcab) still have another taxi. So how the taxi give way if the front car block him?

Exactly, some people simply have no patience, maybe he can't wait to lose money...haha

Shingz

Alfrescian
Loyal

She was asking the taxi to move backward
does not matter if there is a car infront.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sigh! some people are just like to horn, a bit a bit horn. then some people dont like to be horn, a bit a bit only also cannot. so sure got conflict. drivers out there, u know who you are.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see a m&d arguing with someone inside the taxi cab. The name of the stomper is tan and i believe the cab driver is sitting inside the cab with the door open when the photo was taken.

I thus think that the m&d looking guy should most likely be tan.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see a m&d arguing with someone inside the taxi cab. The name of the stomper is tan and i believe the cab driver is sitting inside the cab with the door open when the photo was taken.

I thus think that the m&d looking guy should most likely be tan.

This is Singapore lah! We use right-hand drive cars. The right door - driver's door - is open!
The driver appears to be serious in doing the dandut!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed with moolightaffairs. Honking is bad. Did the STOMP Tan say he asked politely? How? By honking not once but TWICE! Is that polite? Polite shld be redefined duh. Why not get out of the car and walk to the taxi and say Excuse me, could you pls move forward so we can pass? Isnt that what STOMPer's Mom would ahve taught him, since P1? Please teacher may I go to the toilet?

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
In some Asia countries, honking meant something like.." to alert people, watch out, coming through..whatever"..but over here is.." Get out of my way, give way and most of all..angry !...

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
true...true...after honking still give you stare,maciam sibeh "tua kee"

In some Asia countries, honking meant something like.." to alert people, watch out, coming through..whatever"..but over here is.." Get out of my way, give way and most of all..angry !...

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bro, did u pass your class 3??? honking around the world the same, it is to alert people of your presence to avoid accident even in sinkapoor. but of cos, on the road here is what u said "get out of my way!" or protest!

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's what culture is all about. We nod our head up and down to mean "yes". The Indians shake their head left to right to mean "yes".

Different gestures mean the same thing; sometimes same gesture means different things to different people.
Thai wai to you as a respect,
3315089-The_Wai_Traditional_Thai_Greeting-Bangkok.jpg

Chinese "wai" only to God when praying.
DSC_0497.jpg

Last edited: