• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hawkers getting from worst to worstest: 'Chwee kueh' auntie no want replace folk

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
fan_blew_my_plastic_fork_off_the_table_but_hawker_auntie-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Andrew had his plastic fork blown off his table by a hawker centre fan. When he went to get another however, the hawkers from this stall rudely told him: 'buy $1 chwee kueh cannot take another fork'.

STOMPer Andrew related the incident:

"On Sunday morning (Apr 24), I went to Chong Pang Hawker Centre to have breakfast with my wife, but it turned out to be a mood spoiler.

"I went to purchase 'chwee kueh' at this store with a long queue. I bought a dollar's worth of chwee kueh and was given a plastic fork.

"Unfortunately, the fan at the hawker centre blew my fork right off the table, so I went back to the stall to get another fork.

"I was told by one of the rude aunties: 'buy $1 chwee kueh cannot take another fork'! :rolleyes:

"I had no choice, so I went back to my table and told my wife.

"The woman sharing the table with us told us the two rude aunties at the stall are 'famous' for being rude and unreasonable. Most people choose to buy from other stalls instead.

"What has happen to our service standards at hawker centres? What if it was a tourist that encountered this incident?

"How much does a plastic fork cost anyway? Sigh..."

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"I went to purchase 'chwee kueh' at this store with a long queue. I bought a dollar's worth of chwee kueh and was given a plastic fork.

"The woman sharing the table with us told us the two rude aunties at the stall are 'famous' for being rude and unreasonable. Most people choose to buy from other stalls instead.

So...not much ppl go buy frm them anymore then how cum still have a long queue?? :confused::biggrin::biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The fuck can't this stomper use some other utensils from the other food they ordered? I do that myself. When u order food from the other stalls, u always have chopsticks, spoons, forks, etc all around the table anyway. Its faster than going to the stall to get a fork.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changi Village hawker refuses to take my order, but serves Caucasian patrons

changi_village_hawker_refuses_to_take_my_order_but_serves-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer mahal was upset when a stall owner at Changi Village refused to take his order late at night, but entertained a group of Caucasians who came a while later.

Said the STOMPer:

"I went to Changi Village Food Centre two days ago. It was about 11pm and almost all the stalls were closing.

"Only this seafood stall was open. However, the stall owner refused to take my order.

"He just said it would take one hour at least. I just walked away and sat at a table in front of the stall.

"Within minutes, a few ang mohs came to order and the stall owner took their orders and to my surprise, twenty minutes later, their food was served!

"What kind of stall is this! I guess he just wanted to cut the ang mohs' throats with his price.

"He just didn't want to serve Singaporeans!"

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Har!! Lidat...wat ish there 2 cumplain about...:confused: U vote...i mean u pay for wat u get leh...:biggrin::biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fuck can't this stomper use some other utensils from the other food they ordered? I do that myself. When u order food from the other stalls, u always have chopsticks, spoons, forks, etc all around the table anyway. Its faster than going to the stall to get a fork.

Hey cheebye retarded dickhead. If the Stomper sits nearest to the chwee kueh stall, of cos take fork from the same stall la. GONG CHEEBYE!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
recently , cost of business very high in singapore ...the stomper should be lucky that he still can find $1 chwee kueh . plastic fork also cost money .

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
idiot stomper.... one ang-mo deal equates 5 x local deals.. do the math !!!!

stomper likely just order $3 hum with chilli, many many....
:biggrin:

Changi Village hawker refuses to take my order, but serves Caucasian patrons

changi_village_hawker_refuses_to_take_my_order_but_serves-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer mahal was upset when a stall owner at Changi Village refused to take his order late at night, but entertained a group of Caucasians who came a while later.

Said the STOMPer:

"I went to Changi Village Food Centre two days ago. It was about 11pm and almost all the stalls were closing.

"Only this seafood stall was open. However, the stall owner refused to take my order.

"He just said it would take one hour at least. I just walked away and sat at a table in front of the stall.

"Within minutes, a few ang mohs came to order and the stall owner took their orders and to my surprise, twenty minutes later, their food was served!

"What kind of stall is this! I guess he just wanted to cut the ang mohs' throats with his price.

"He just didn't want to serve Singaporeans!"

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
recently , cost of business very high in singapore ...the stomper should be lucky that he still can find $1 chwee kueh . plastic fork also cost money .

Yes, you go to the famous tiong bahru one........you dun even get a plastic fork........only long toothpicks

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, you go to the famous tiong bahru one........you dun even get a plastic fork........only long toothpicks

bro, actucally i prefer to eat with the traditional stlye that is using the long toothpick ..i dont know why somehow it taste better ....come to think of it now i want to eat ...:(

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
which part of tiong baru ? the next time im in town ..i will pay a visit . is it that good ?

Jian Bo Shui Kueh @Tiong Bahru Market, 30 Seng Poh Road.
Alot of people say is the best.
The one featured by TS is one of the many branches of Bedok chwee kueh.......rated 2nd behind Jian Bo by foodies.