• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opening Ceremony of Beijing Olympics

amadeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just finished watching the Opening Ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. Cannot help feeling proud for China and its people. China has arrived.

slurpoyster

Alfrescian
Loyal
i boycotting the sham games. the CCP has broken as many promises as they had promised when bidding to host it. nothing against the people just. the CCP & IOC.
beijing2008.jpg

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah they raised the bar really high.

No hosting country will ever match this opener ....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It was spectacular, unexpected of the Chinese. But then, they've got Steven Spielberg & Zang Yi Mou producing the show, so one shouldnt be surprised.

The Chinese need a Jew to organise things for them? :confused: That's pathetic.:eek:

punter888

Alfrescian
Loyal
BEIJING - THE 29th Olympic Games, costing an estimated US$40 billion (S$56 billion) and shrouded by political controversies, burst into life on Friday with a spectacular start to the opening ceremony.

Make me wonder where our donated funds go too :confused:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Just finished watching the Opening Ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. Cannot help feeling proud for China and its people. China has arrived.

I actually feel very embarrassed for the Chinese. They need an Ang Moh to manage the whole ceremony. They put up items like Cheer leaders which is 100% AMERICAN culture. They even need an Ang Moh (Sarah Brightman) to sing in Chinese for them!!!???:(:eek:

1.2 billion people and they can't even find a singer better than a brit Babe who had her heyday in the 80s?

1.2 billion people and they have to do American cheerleader routines?

1.2 billion and nobody as talented as Jew in putting a show together???:eek:

How pathetic.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
the show is amazing. I dun mind paying for a DVD to watch in future. almost everything is spectacular.

the fireworks were ridiculously extravagant, the footprints fireworks was also amazing.

the painting idea is very innovative and eye catching

last but the most impt thing of all, the number of PRC chiobus on the field is amazing. they are not just pretty, the amazing thing is there are of a certain height and looks. big advantage of having one billion pple to choose from.

I dun think China themselves will ever be able to top last night's performances. Such a show requires concentrated efforts of an authoritarian govt to splash the cash and whack the rest into a coordinated performance

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually feel very embarrassed for the Chinese. They need an Ang Moh to manage the whole ceremony. They put up items like Cheer leaders which is 100% AMERICAN culture. They even need an Ang Moh (Sarah Brightman) to sing in Chinese for them!!!???:(:eek:

1.2 billion people and they can't even find a singer better than a brit Babe who had her heyday in the 80s?

How pathetic.

SAm, did u watch the show? I missed the cheerleader part and did catch Sarah Brightman. I thot the show was sufficiently Chinese although they must have a lot of western help for the pyrotechnics and audio visual effects.

still thinking of the hundreds of chio bus.

supert105

The opening ceremony, did Chinese Taipei team appeared ? counted 203 contingents, but the speech said 204 ? Taiwan boycotted or something happened ?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese Taipei did appear in the opening ceremony.

They should have used this flag
tw%5E.gif

Afterall, the Chinese Communist forces fought under this flag in WWII.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How pathetic.

there r 6.5b in ze world ... 1.2b in china ... 5.3b elsewhere ... 5.3b ppl n 'dey cant even find a singer betta than a brit babe who hd her heyday in ze 80s' ... pathetic, rite ...

there were ancient terracotta soldiers, chinese opera, beijing opera puppetry, female dancers dressed in tang-era clothing, han dynasty-era performers representing ze 3000 disciples of confucius, wearing feathered headgears and carrying bamboo slips ... n much, much more ... but u oni ogle @ cheerleaders ... pathetic, rite ...

ze director of ze opening ceremony is chinese filmmaker zhang yimou ... he is nt a jew ...

:eek:

Last edited:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speilberg withdrew his participation long ago, as a protest against Darfur.

Sarah Brightman idea was to sing together with this fat chink singer as a 'blend of east and west'

But yes, no democratic cuntry can ever match this kind of effort.

melster2008

regarding the duet between sarah brightman and the chinese dude, did you guys notice how plain his clothes were.

Sarah was dressed up like the Oscars and her duet partner looks like an ah beng by the roadside squatting down and spitting on the floor!!!

at least have the decency to wear something more appropriate than a back t-shirt. You are singing the offical song of the Games in your own country!!!