• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is this some malay song from southern thailand?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3vlcGaLYEgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i cannot tell the diff, i just saw the closing credits in thai and then the bunch of guys dancing would probably be thais or maybe malays and the song is titled malay gangster so it was quite confusing cos it doesn't sound like a mat rempit gang crap song and hence i just figured maybe these are the southern malay thais.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This song is sung in dangdut but have dikir barat background singers, probably originates from kelantan or southern malay states of pattani, Yala or maybe narathiwat.
malays in kelantan was thought to originate from the malay kingdom of Champa, present day cambodia/southern vietnam.
dangdut is of course popular in indonesia.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This song is sung in dangdut but have dikir barat background singers, probably originates from kelantan or southern malay states of pattani, Yala or maybe narathiwat.
malays in kelantan was thought to originate from the malay kingdom of Champa, present day cambodia/southern vietnam.
dangdut is of course popular in indonesia.

Oic yes dangdut is popular in indonesia and yeah i have heard malays playing dikir barat before in singapore.

Do you know who sung this song? Is it a gangster song? How are the malays of kelantan different from singapore malays?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
malays in the archipelago are basically the same, except those of christian or hindu beliefs. the dialect spoken is different.
Same words, but sound different.
I dunno who sang this song. First time i heard it. Plus I seldom listen to malay radio stations.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1uXpYcDSISA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Same group of guys. This time the song is in Thai. But whether is Issan, Northern or Southern Thai, I cannot tell. One thing for sure is that it is definitely not Bangkok Thai.

:smile:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic .......................... How are the malays of kelantan different from singapore malays?

Dunno 'bout the malays from kelantan, but my malay colleague's son in Sg cannot fly a layang for jackshit, can't tie a fishhook, is flunking malay at school, and won't have his roti john w/o mayo.

Cheers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dunno 'bout the malays from kelantan, but my malay colleague's son in Sg cannot fly a layang for jackshit, can't tie a fishhook, is flunking malay at school, and won't have his roti john w/o mayo.

Cheers!

OMG failing malay? For chinese it's understandable cos of the difficulty in writing the words but a m&d failing malay? Man he must be pretty dumb.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Same group of guys. This time the song is in Thai. But whether is Issan, Northern or Southern Thai, I cannot tell. One thing for sure is that it is definitely not Bangkok Thai.

:smile:

I was hoping to at least get the song title.

Why is it called malay gangster song?

is it some sort of gang poem thing? Is it like the keling suranganee shit?

Okay i listened to the thai song. It's not the same song. Even the tune is different. This is an issan song. It's in a genre called luk tung aka thai country music. It's very distinct and easily identifiable.

Last edited:

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a malay song alright but don't forget there are plenty of malays living in Southern Thailand, the area has plenty of muslims.