• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do CID police officers behave like gangsters even when off duty?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure many of you have heard many times how CID need to talk and act like pai kia cos it's part of their job but the point is they also behave like that even when they aren't on a case.

In short they are acting like pai kias so that they can integrate with real life gangsters. The key word is act.

I mean even actors put on make up and put on fake tattoes to get into a role but once it's over they don't act like that person they are potraying.

I guess CIDs aren't actors so they are unable to discern reality from fantasy? Or is it cos they need to integrate so well with gangsters that they cannot potray another personality in case they slip up, they absolutely need to become a gangster. Perhaps cid officers are actually gangsters with badges. Like cid won't recruit you if you don't act and look like a gangster.

Could the forummers like GD and gang tell me.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure many of you have heard many times how CID need to talk and act like pai kia cos it's part of their job but the point is they also behave like that even when they aren't on a case.

In short they are acting like pai kias so that they can integrate with real life gangsters. The key word is act.

I mean even actors put on make up and put on fake tattoes to get into a role but once it's over they don't act like that person they are potraying.

I guess CIDs aren't actors so they are unable to discern reality from fantasy? Or is it cos they need to integrate so well with gangsters that they cannot potray another personality in case they slip up, they absolutely need to become a gangster. Perhaps cid officers are actually gangsters with badges. Like cid won't recruit you if you don't act and look like a gangster.

because they are "license" to do that, beli garang ma...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
because they are "license" to do that, beli garang ma...

Essentially they are just flaunting their powers. I tot police officers were supposed to serve and protect?

Then again i read that ramseth with a gang family background could become a police officer and he was laughing at how stupid the police force was. I think the force attracts those kind of characters that would have become gangsters if not for the tough laws of singapore and decided it's better to become officers instead.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Essentially they are just flaunting their powers. I tot police officers were supposed to serve and protect?

Then again i read that ramseth with a gang family background could become a police officer and he was laughing at how stupid the police force was. I think the force attracts those kind of characters that would have become gangsters if not for the tough laws of singapore and decided it's better to become officers instead.

u think they really serve n protect? or just wayang? Last time when im in Navy, alot of regular also the same, wayang everyday, use rank to ask the active do alot of shity job.
But everynow and then, SAF n Police force is been seen by the member of the public as a beli garnag job, protecting our coast line, our estate, our land, our air. All bullshit, We have been there, done that, we know right.
Use power to the be license gangster, thats a shame.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Plainclothes of today are very mild liao compared to those of yesteryears.
Last time armpai known as licenced samseng.
Now those sia lan ones you can find some in CNB, why i also dunno why, maybe CNB less discipline or maybe they think they dealing with desperados so must be more garang

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Plainclothes of today are very mild liao compared to those of yesteryears.
Last time armpai known as licenced samseng.
Now those sia lan ones you can find some in CNB, why i also dunno why, maybe CNB less discipline or maybe they think they dealing with desperados so must be more garang

yes hearsay they are one of the super extreme lao lan one, needy looks but talk n act like pai kia. Hearsay the garment give this authority alot of power.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In the past, quite a number of these detectives were previously SS/triad members themselves. They weren't active enough to be officially listed as a member of a secret society. These chaps were au fait with SS matters and SS members arrested could not bluff their way through. These ampais knew what they were doing.

The problem with the above situation relates to 'loyalty' issues. How to be objective if one of your own was arrested or kena bio-ed for CL? In he past, the OC of SSB usually knew their men well. If an ampai was linked to an SS group and his 'bros' arrested, OC SSB was known to use another ampai to interrogate. Problem here is when that ampai selected is buddy buddy with that ampai taken off interrogation duties. Very complicated.

The old ampais patronised gambling dens, vice dens, nightclubs, hairdressing salons etc. In the day, during office hours in office, they were nobodies. When they leave CID and especially in the evenings, they were like kings! Most of the 'good' ampais had 'supporters' to see them throgh when they lose heavily on horses. Those were the days.

The situation today is very different. These young ampais are not as au fait with SS matters but behave like old timers. The chemistry doesn't exist. I dare say less than 5 in SSB today can measure up to their retired colleagues. In the past it was OC. Today known as Hd SSB. The senior officers in SSB were much more familiar with SS matters than those today.

The plus point is that these young ampais are not as complicated as their retired colleagues. The problem is that their connections with the underworld is not strong. When something major happened, they kar por luan and still need to depend on the current lau chiaus to see them through.

The greatest problem these useful ampais face today is that their bosses only appeciate them when intel is needed from people of ill-repute. Teachers, lawyers, engineers, bankers are USELESS sources for these matters. You need to associate with active SS members, better still headmen level, to know the ground and to get timely intelligence.

My assessment is that the competence of SSB today is less than 50% compared to the 1990s.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are u so surprised and disturbed? Don't you know that this whole country is ruled by a bunch of pia kias? You dare to be funny and they'll zap u with their lightning bolt!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past, quite a number of these detectives were previously SS/triad members themselves. They weren't active enough to be officially listed as a member of a secret society. These chaps were au fait with SS matters and SS members arrested could not bluff their way through. These ampais knew what they were doing.

The problem with the above situation relates to 'loyalty' issues. How to be objective if one of your own was arrested or kena bio-ed for CL? In he past, the OC of SSB usually knew their men well. If an ampai was linked to an SS group and his 'bros' arrested, OC SSB was known to use another ampai to interrogate. Problem here is when that ampai selected is buddy buddy with that ampai taken off interrogation duties. Very complicated.

The old ampais patronised gambling dens, vice dens, nightclubs, hairdressing salons etc. In the day, during office hours in office, they were nobodies. When they leave CID and especially in the evenings, they were like kings! Most of the 'good' ampais had 'supporters' to see them throgh when they lose heavily on horses. Those were the days.

The situation today is very different. These young ampais are not as au fait with SS matters but behave like old timers. The chemistry doesn't exist. I dare say less than 5 in SSB today can measure up to their retired colleagues. In the past it was OC. Today known as Hd SSB. The senior officers in SSB were much more familiar with SS matters than those today.

The plus point is that these young ampais are not as complicated as their retired colleagues. The problem is that their connections with the underworld is not strong. When something major happened, they kar por luan and still need to depend on the current lau chiaus to see them through.

The greatest problem these useful ampais face today is that their bosses only appeciate them when intel is needed from people of ill-repute. Teachers, lawyers, engineers, bankers are USELESS sources for these matters. You need to associate with active SS members, better still headmen level, to know the ground and to get timely intelligence.

My assessment is that the competence of SSB today is less than 50% compared to the 1990s.

Hey bro thanks for this info. Yeah it does make sense. These cid ppl are pai kias with police badges. Yeah you need to have triad connections to know activities and of course ppl with proper back ground like from elite family wouldn't have it.

Has any CID officer broken the law and become a pai kia instead?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hey bro thanks for this info. Yeah it does make sense. These cid ppl are pai kias with police badges. Yeah you need to have triad connections to know activities and of course ppl with proper back ground like from elite family wouldn't have it.

Hey I think his name is Andy Lau (刘德华)

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investigators and detectives (the plainclothes) are armed 24/7. That's why they behave like licensed gangsters 24/7. Not all of them are from CID. In fact, most of them are from the divisions. Yes, their behaviors are much milder nowadays.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not that I am aware of.

Interestingly, in the late 90s, the number 2 man at SSB was removed coz after some 12-15 years in the police, they realised he was carded for SS activities during his younger days.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

In short they are acting ..................

Jah, I aiin't no gangnster, but it makes sense that some of 'em are having (or trying to have) the best of both worlds.

As for the acting, the world is a stage.

Cheers!

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are getting more inept too. I was testing my camera in an open carpark shooting at lamposts when 2 plain clothes idiots demanded what I have just taken. Show them the lampposts photos while giving them them a siah lan look and see them apologize and call me uncle.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think police force already lost their way. enforcement job, dare not do. but harass innocent people, they do a lot.

During my time, I've seen PC and DPC frightening gangsters stiff by just mere presence. All funny funky business came to a standstill. Today no gangsters seem to be bothered with police presence even if wearing sergeant or inspector rank.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal

No need to break the law....... many Am Pais go back to becoming SS when they retire...... most of the licensed OKTs in Geylang were former detectives :p

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need to break the law....... many Am Pais go back to becoming SS when they retire...... most of the licensed OKTs in Geylang were former detectives :p

GD told me license okts need to have worked as okts before they get license which means they were illegal okts before.

This means that all of these detectives were all recruited from pai kia background.

I have gotten this wrong. I tot they were something like strapping young guys from good elite family backgrounds putting on an act pretending to be something they were not. But after GD told me about these am pais i realised that many of them are actually from a pai kia background which makes sense. They are able to associate with the pai kias, get info readily from them and so on. Perhaps the older generation of am pai, the youngers one are probably pencil pushing geeks that don't know the ground well.

add on: i also realise that they need to have a relationship with gang members and headmen to get info. Frenships are always on going, not as if there are after office hours. To become frens with pai kia you need to act like them or rather be comfortable in their environment cannot have some ri boy with a faux accent hanging out with them. :biggrin: thanks gd for putting things in perspective.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my time, I've seen PC and DPC frightening gangsters stiff by just mere presence. All funny funky business came to a standstill. Today no gangsters seem to be bothered with police presence even if wearing sergeant or inspector rank.

When I was a teenager, they had these VC (Vigilante Corp) patrols, we called them tangkap tikus. All they did was walk around and harass small boy. Once they even took away my skateboard. Bastards.