• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Marine Parade - Whole block angry at radar installed on top of Block. MP cannot help.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From Joefriday of fuckwarezone. He claims to be living in block 14 Marine Terrace:

About 1 year ago my upstairs neighbors alerted the entire block to something that was going on. Apparently dsta and mindef decided to install a radar on our roof and only chose to inform the residents on the 25th floor. they decided that the rest of the block did not need to know about this. the excuse for the installation was that they wanted to monitor illegal immigrants coming in from the beach from indo. Luckily the outraged neighbors upstairs decided to alert the whole block to what was happening and likewise the majority of all my neighbors were all outraged at this decision being made without having to consult us or even inform us. Our main concern was about the possible spike in bg radiation and health concerns. The whole block raised enuff of a ruckus that Mr Lim Biow Chuan had to come and meet with us to explain things.

At the meeting Mr lim was shocked to see so many residents present...claiming that only the top 2 floors of the block were supposed to know. he went on to claim to us with the dsta engineers present that our block was the only one possible that was of strategic value to mount the radar (to max out the radar's coverage) and that the dsta engineers claimed that it was completely safe. When one of my neighbors challenged the engineer on this assertion the engineer simply said: you are not engineer i am and i guarantee this is safe. At the time of this meeting some of the residents were wondering to ourselves...where was our mp mr GCT and why is mr lim here instead? (who frankly looked like a fish out of water) so eventually the meeting devolved into a back and forth between us and the engineers about the safety and mr lim adjourned the meeting saying that he will bring our concerns to GCT.

about 1 month later a meeting between us and GCT was called for at the local CC. I wasn't present for that but from what i heard...GCT simply came and said we're putting the radar on your roof and there's nothing you can do about it. Song bo? the only concession he made was that dsta will do monthly readings of the radiation and post them on our notice board to reassure us that it was safe and he will issue the entire block letters saying that the area is safe for residence...I am relating this story now because i feel that it is important to illustrate how we need to vote wisely...read my words and judge mr GCT's actions for yourself.

xxxxxxxxxxx

If its safe, maybe the MPs should shift into Block 14 Marine Terrace..... maybe TIN TIN could be the guinea-pig..... see if she kena radiated..... then her breasts could be bigger...:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Marine Parade - Whole block angry at radar installed on top of Block. MP cannot h

Mobile phones zap the brain with far more radiation. Damned sinkies are getting really ridiculous.

D

Didier Drogba

Re: Marine Parade - Whole block angry at radar installed on top of Block. MP cannot h

Mobile phones zap the brain with far more radiation. Damned sinkies are getting really ridiculous.

Errr.. That's why ear piece and bluetooth comes in handy and with a price. :eek:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The issue here is not just about radiation levels. It is about the non consultative rule and lack of concern for residents' safety.

Today they put a radar on your roof. Tomorrow they will put a nuclear plant in your kids' playground?

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

:
:
...the excuse for the installation was that they wanted to monitor illegal immigrants coming in from the beach from indo.
:
:
Our main concern was about the possible spike in bg radiation and health concerns.
:
:
dsta will do monthly readings of the radiation and post them on our notice board
:
:

1. Main concern of the residents was heard, "the possible spike in bg radiation and health concerns".

2. Main concern was addressed, "dsta will do monthly readings of the radiation and post them on our notice board".

3. Current situation: Some of you are still not satisfied with the solution.

Perhaps what it takes is for illegal immigrants/swimmers* to actually penerate into MP households and after which MP residents will beg for more powerful or more radars to be installed in their roof tops.

*undetected as they are just outside the fringe of the radar coverage.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If its safe, maybe the MPs should shift into Block 14 Marine Terrace..... maybe TIN TIN could be the guinea-pig..... see if she kena radiated..... then her breasts could be bigger...:biggrin:

54677701.gif

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="225" height="149" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MV0hiDwcMmM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. Main concern of the residents was heard, "the possible spike in bg radiation and health concerns".

2. Main concern was addressed, "dsta will do monthly readings of the radiation and post them on our notice board".

3. Current situation: Some of you are still not satisfied with the solution.

Perhaps what it takes is for illegal immigrants/swimmers* to actually penerate into MP households and after which MP residents will beg for more powerful or more radars to be installed in their roof tops.

*undetected as they are just outside the fringe of the radar coverage.

The whole issue is once again, without consultation with the resident's....they are to be sholved aside in the name of National Security...no voice!. If not for a few bustbody residents, no one will know about the radar...now even the illegals know..

About your last point, please don't make me laugh about the illegals actually penetrate etc...shall you be reminded of the MSK...please!:o

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

The whole issue is once again, without consultation with the resident's....they are to be sholved aside in the name of National Security...no voice!. If not for a few bustbody residents, no one will know about the radar...now even the illegals know..

1. Yes, we hear your concern.

2. However, as stated by himself, his main concern was addressed.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. Yes, we hear your concern.

2. However, as stated by himself, his main concern was addressed.

Agreed concern was addressed, DTSA & whomever doing this, should have done their homework with their PR..this was for National Security benefiting all, should have quietly spoken to the entire residents of that block....but then again my point, of sholving the people, this has to be addressed.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

aiyah! talk so much? vote them out lah! marine parade grc vote pap out!!!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

This episode should ring loud and clear to all. You do not own your flat, it belongs to the pap. And being the owner and landlord, they can jolly well do anything they please. And as tenants, just shut up and don't complain.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

OMG why is anyone even surprised about this?

Seriously when has the PAP ever decided to reverse its decisions about anything due to the locals complaining?

At the most it'll give some wayang here and there to appease them but at the end of the day hey we'll do what we want and there's nothing you peasants can do about it so shut up and fuck off.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Seriously when has the PAP ever decided to reverse its decisions about anything due to the locals complaining?

At the most it'll give some wayang here and there to appease them but at the end of the day hey we'll do what we want and there's nothing you peasants can do about it so shut up and fuck off.

Will it be the same come dawn May 8 2011.... if not, then we are heading into the dark ages, let us hope for a new dawn!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The only case I remember was Chek Jawa. Other than that, it's you die your own business.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

The issue here is not just about radiation levels. It is about the non consultative rule and lack of concern for residents' safety.

Today they put a radar on your roof. Tomorrow they will put a nuclear plant in your kids' playground?

And the population is not reproducing because they have sterilised the whole nation with radiation?

At first the issue was radiation, and when confronted with facts, the issue is not radiation anymore! Even Sam can tell you that your iphone will roast your brain more than the radar.

If the radar is installed in Hougang or Potor Pasir, then the story would be that the gahment purposely put them on opposition wards to tekang (fix) them!

They informed the top floor people because of some construction noise that can be heard by residents living on top, and also to allay the fear of strangers moving in and out of those floors. Why bother others?

The fact that the Senior Minister bothers to come and soothe the fear of the residents personally speak for itself. You want LKY and LHL to come as well?

Bottomline : Your flat will value less if you vote for the opposition than just an antenna on your rooftop

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Agreed concern was addressed, DTSA & whomever doing this, should have done their homework with their PR..this was for National Security benefiting all, should have quietly spoken to the entire residents of that block....but then again my point, of sholving the people, this has to be addressed.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. what an expensively-paid servant.
3. now, who's the boss man?
4. deaf to noise again!

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha

Powerless Sinkies

That thing is there to stay

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Long term exposure to EMF of a active radar is definitely not safe. I have seen for myself how the women in a certain "department" had difficulties conceiving due to weaken wombs. 9 out of 10 of them had threaten abortion and had to be bed ridden for months.