• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Many young taxi drivers are hooligans

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cabby broke relative's arm over dog 'abuse'

louisgoh.wong-kwai-chow.jpg

BELIEVING that the Shih Tzu he asked his younger sister to look after had been abused, Louis Goh attacked his brother-in-law on March 9, 2009 and fractured his victim's right arm in two places. On Tuesday, the 34-year-old cabby pleaded guilty to causing grievous hurt to Mr Yap Kwang Fue and was sentenced to 11/2 years in jail and three strokes of the cane.

A district court heard that Goh handed the Shih Tzu to his sister sometime in 2007 but grew unhappy with the standard of care. When he found out that the dog had been hurt in a collision with a cyclist in 2009, he decided to punish Mr Yap. Soon after 9am on March 9 that year, he drove from his Ang Mo Kio flat to his sister's home in Jurong West Street 92. There, armed with a pole and a penknife, he ambushed the 33-year-old machinist at the void deck. When some passers-by intervened, he fled.

Asking for a lenient sentence, Goh told the court that Mr Yap had hurt his dog so he was justified in avenging himself. He added in Mandarin: 'He hit my dog but he is not guilty but when I hit him, it's not okay. In some countries, if the dog-owner had a rifle, he would have been shot. He is worse than an animal.'

Assistant Public Prosecutor Lydia Goh told the court that Mr Yap had denied abusing the dog but Goh still attacked him. The prosecutor also said that in 2006 Goh was jailed a month for causing hurt and breaching a personal protection order by hitting his wife.

District Judge Eddy Tham noted that Goh had not learnt from his previous convictions and would still resort to violence when things were not going his way.

Said the judge: 'Even if there had been abuse of the dog, what you did was wholly disproportionate.'

[email protected]

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
1.5 years in jail and three strokes of the cane.

Wow

Should just cane him 12 times and skip the jail term

It's a waste of taxes

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Asking for a lenient sentence, Goh told the court that Mr Yap had hurt his dog so he was justified in avenging himself. He added in Mandarin: 'He hit my dog but he is not guilty but when I hit him, it's not okay. In some countries, if the dog-owner had a rifle, he would have been shot. He is worse than an animal.'

Ah Goh...if u dun hab de time n moni 2 6 aft the dog...dun act high class and get ur sis 2 do the dirty job 4 u...cum 2 ting of it...u r million time worst then a dog...:biggrin::oIo:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just look at his farking hsia-lan face!

Strangely, I just don't understand how someone can be bashed up so easily by another! Even without any martial arts skills, don't they have the reflexes to dodge or block a punch or a kick and retaliate?

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question, he was convicted and sentence to 1 month jail in 2006. Why is a ex-convict allow to be a taxi driver?:oIo:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just look at his farking hsia-lan face!

Strangely, I just don't understand how someone can be bashed up so easily by another! Even without any martial arts skills, don't they have the reflexes to dodge or block a punch or a kick and retaliate?

People bash up people without prior notice. You thought so easy to dodge meh :p
Normally you can only start to dodge after the 1st or 2nd blow , by that time you already blur blur liao !:biggrin:

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not 'many young.' I would say, 'all' taxi drivers are hooligans. With 5% level of significance. (i.e., 5% error)

What normal person would work at such a job? :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chee bye ah beng kia want to keep a stupid SHITzu dog for what? Some more own the animal but dump it with other people for 2 years??

then when something happened to it go and whack the care takers?

WTF is his problem?