• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY words of wisdom

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
“If you are a troublemaker…it’s our job to politically destroy you. Put it this way. As long as JB Jeyaretnam stands for what he stands for – a thoroughly destructive force – we will knock him. Everybody knows that in my bag I have a hatchet, and a very sharp one. You take me on, I take my hatchet, we meet in the cul-de-sac.”

- Lee Kuan Yew, The Man And His Ideas, 1997

“Anybody who decides to take me on needs to put on knuckle-dusters. If you think you can hurt me more than I can hurt you, try. There is no way you can govern a Chinese society.”

- Lee Kuan Yew, The Man and His Ideas, 1997

“You’re talking about Rwanda or Bangladesh, or Cambodia, or the Philippines. They’ve got democracy, according to Freedom House. But have you got a civilised life to lead? People want economic development first and foremost. The leaders may talk something else. You take a poll of any people. What is it they want? The right to write an editorial as you like? They want homes, medicine, jobs, schools.”

- Lee Kuan Yew, The Man and His Ideas, 1997

“They say people can think for themselves? Do you honestly believe that the chap who can’t pass primary six knows the consequence of his choice when he answers a question viscerally, on language, culture and religion? But we knew the consequences. We would starve, we would have race riots. We would disintegrate.”

- Lee Kuan Yew, The Man & His Ideas, 1997

“Please do not assume that you can change governments. Young people don’t understand this”

- Lee Kuan Yew on the results of the 2006 election

“They say, oh, let’s have multiparty politics. Let’s have different parties change and be in charge of the Government. Is it that simple? You vote in a Division Three government, not a Division One government, and the whole economy will just subside within three, four years. Finished.”

- Lee Kuan Yew, Today, Aug 15 2008

“We have over a hundred political detainees, men against whom we are unable to prove anything in a court of law. Nearly 50 of them are men who gave us a great deal of anxiety during the years of Confrontation because they were Malay extremists. Your life and this dinner would not be what it is if my colleagues and I had decided to play it according to the rules of the game.”

- Lee Kuan Yew speaking to the Singapore Advocates and Solicitors Society, Mar 18, 1967

“I will make him crawl on his bended knees, and beg for mercy.”

- Lee Kuan Yew on J. B. Jeyaretnam, as reported by Devan Nair, 1981

“The same law applies to me. Nobody has sued me for libel because I do not defame my enemies.”

- Lee Kuan Yew, Success Stories, 2002

“We must encourage those who earn less than $200 per month and cannot afford to nurture and educate many children never to have more than two… We will regret the time lost if we do not now take the first tentative steps towards correcting a trend which can leave our society with a large number of the physically, intellectually and culturally anaemic.”

- Lee Kuan Yew, 1967

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you don’t include your women graduates in your breeding pool and leave them on the shelf, you would end up a more stupid society…So what happens? There will be less bright people to support dumb people in the next generation. That’s a problem.”

-Lee Kuan Yew in 1983 National Day Rally

“The Bell curve is a fact of life. The blacks on average score 85 per cent on IQ and it is accurate, nothing to do with culture. The whites score on average 100. Asians score more … the Bell curve authors put it at least 10 points higher. These are realities that, if you do not accept, will lead to frustration because you will be spending money on wrong assumptions and the results cannot follow.”

- Lee Kuan Yew, The Man & His Ideas, 1997

“If I tell Singaporeans – we are all equal regardless of race, language, religion, culture. Then they will say,”Look, I’m doing poorly. You are responsible.” But I can show that from British times, certain groups have always done poorly, in mathematics and in science. But I’m not God, I can’t change you. But I can encourage you, give you extra help to make you do, say maybe, 20% better.”

- Lee Kuan Yew, Success Stories, 2002

“If I have to shoot 200,000 students to save China from another 100 years of disorder, so be it.”

- Lee Kuan Yew evoking the ghost of Deng Xiaoping whilst endorsing the Tiananmen Square massacre, Straits Times, Aug 17, 2004

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need to talk so much. Just follow his latest advice:

Ask yourself, are U better off then U are 5 yrs ago. If you are vote for PAP. If not, vote for the other guy.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY got alot of insightful observations. LKY & family must know what he's talking about as many of them are billionaires

However when you look at Spore today: you have people queuing to get out of Spore, people choosing to stay in JB, locals being crowded out of Spore. Many senior citizens are struggling.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This point is interesting, he will be meeting JBJ soon, on the other side of the River Styx......wonder, who will be holding the whip, and who will be on bended kness, begging for mercy... ha ha ha ha ha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This point is interesting, he will be meeting JBJ soon, on the other side of the River Styx......wonder, who will be holding the whip, and who will be on bended kness, begging for mercy... ha ha ha ha ha

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

“If I have to shoot 200,000 students to save China from another 100 years of disorder, so be it.”

- Lee Kuan Yew evoking the ghost of Deng Xiaoping whilst endorsing the Tiananmen Square massacre, Straits Times, Aug 17, 2004

waa, like that he will really call in the SAF to shoot Sporeans leh.