• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What? This guy is a lawyer??

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_IMAGES_ECLAWYER19-D8E.jpg

IN FEBRUARY 2003, Tan Cheng Yew, then 34, fled to Perth, Western Australia.

He stayed in his family's house there as well as hotels, and sent a text message to his parents in Singapore to say he was all right.

Initially, he did not contact his family regularly as they 'didn't take what I had done... too well', he said in court earlier this year.

Later that year, he acquired a fake passport to travel to the United States under an assumed name.

He found employment in the US as legal counsel in multinational companies, and flew regularly to Munich, Germany, for similar work and meetings.

While in the US, he contacted his parents weekly.

Read the full story in Tuesday's edition of The Straits Times.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
TAN Cheng Yew was moved to tears yesterday when his lawyer Michael Khoo read a mitigation plea from four of his classmates from the National University of Singapore (NUS) law school.

The four - Senior Counsel Hri Kumar Nair, Senior Counsel Harpreet Singh Nehal, Mr Adrian Tan and Mr Tony Yeo - penned the letter in their personal capacities. Mr Nair and Mr Nehal were in court.

In their one-page letter, they said that the offences Tan has been found guilty of are 'clearly acts for which he should be punished' and that Tan also accepts he should be punished.

They said they could not comprehend why he did what he did, but 'none of us will ever be able to fathom the fear and extreme desperation which would have caused him to walk away from the only life he knew, his family and all the people who were dear to him'.

They said he was a model law student who was very bright, diligent and had helped classmates with their work. He was also an effective orator and represented the university in debates.

Tan, they wrote, spent considerable time and money helping needy children at The Haven run by the Salvation Army.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
photo taken inside prison surely is different from those photo you took outside prison ..cause prison , cannot wax your hair , groom ...ect ..of course look like a crook .

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You mean his photo right? Well, I guess the photo was taken when he was in detention.

This fellow was a brilliant student, filial son and a good man. But I guess gambling caused his downfall.

In fact, another fugitive lawyer, Fan Huay Yew is a friend of mine. That guy was brillant too. But he away run away with customers' money. Reason is due to gambling too. Last I heard, he was in China.

Anyway these 2 fellows were already gambling like hell way before the IRs. So don't need to blame our IR ok!!

:(

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't know one could tell one's profession by his looks.

I guess based on that photo TS assumes that guy should be working as some blue collar worker like a cleaner.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
images

Lee Kuan Yew is right! I'll soon have to work as a prostitute, Easy though since I already look like one!

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LAWYER Tan Cheng Yew who was extradited to Singapore in 2009 after being on the run for six years was jailed for nine years on Monday for criminal breach of trust and cheating.

District Judge Hamidah Ibrahim backdated the 43-year-old's sentence to Oct 22, 2009.

deleted :biggrin:

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. i hope that you are some looker man!
2. never judge the book by its cover.
3. however on the other hand, just take a good look at the monkey-faced zorro.
4. do you call it quality or what?
5. such specimen shows no depth, if any!