• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Huat Ah! need not blame MSK! World safest Public Transport BURNT on BKE

JI_Fled

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20110417-274126.html

Bus bursts into flames along BKE

Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos.
(Photos: STOMP, Wanbao)

An SMRT bus caught fire along the Bukit-Timah Expressway (BKE) this morning.

According to Wanbao, bus 187 was travelling towards Woodlands when the incident occurred.

An SMRT spokesperson said the driver stopped the bus and called for help when he noticed smoke coming out of the engine.

The 15 passengers on board were evacuated and transferred to another bus which arrived shortly after.

The spokesperson said the reason could be due to a faulty engine, but it is working with the police with its investigations.

Two commuters who passed by the scene snapped pictures and emailed them to STOMP.

One of them wrote: "A bus had caught fire on the BKE after the Mandai exit."

"Only the shell remaining - perhaps the petrol tank caught fire."
RELATED STORIES

6 double-decker buses destroyed in early morning fire
Fire turns bus into a skeletal wreckage
Bus catches fire in Tampines interchange
Bus returning to S'pore burst into flames on M'sian highway

The other person, Sajjad, who witnessed the fire, said:

"I first saw the bus on fire at about 8am. Then, on my way home at 11.30am, I saw the remains of the bus.

"I wonder what happened. Hopefully nobody was injured and passengers had been evacuated safely.

"Maybe the hot weather overheated the engine?"

According to the SCDF, it received a call at about 7.30am today informing them of the bus on fire along BKE.

The fire was already raging when they arrived on the scene.

SCDF officers managed to put out the fire within 10 minutes. There were no casualties in the incident.

20110417.184751_busfiremoto.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

Last edited: