• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AssMRT getting from worst to worstest - give you a hole big enuf for dog to go in

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
MRT door not aligned with barrier: Commuters forced to squeeze through tiny gap

commuters_have_to_squeeze_through_small_opening_of_mrt_doors-thumbnail.jpg

When this train came to a stop, its doors were not properly aligned with the safety doors, forcing passengers to alight by squeezing through the narrow gap. STOMPer ben saw this at Tanah Merah station.

The STOMPer wrote:

"At 7.14am, the train that was heading towards Pasir Ris pulled to stop at Tanah Merah and missed the door alignment with the platform doors, forcing commuters to squeeze through the tiny gap.

"Where's the promise of 'Safety First'?

"Can't the driver reverse a little to realign the doors?

"This is so dangerous.

"It's another potential accident waiting to happen!"

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG. The door should not be open at all. There should be interlock. Unless manually open by the operator.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rush hour yet there's only one working escalator at Yishun MRT station

rush_hour_yet_theres_only_one_working_escalator_at_yishun_mrt-thumbnail.jpg

One of the escalators at Yishun MRT station hasn't been working since Monday (Apr 11) and it has affected the rush hour crowd in the morning, says STOMPer MRT Freak.

"Why is MRT giving commuters so much problems when the fares keep rising?

"It's been three days and the escalator is still under maintenance

"It looks like the steps have been moved. On top of that, there's only one available escalator going-up, one going-down, one lift and staircase.

"But that doesn't help the morning crowd.

"Why is SMRT so inefficient in dealing such situation?"

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should we follow these arrows? They direct us to block MRT doors

should_we_follow_these_arrows_they_direct_us_to_block_mrt_doors-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer alice in wonderland noticed that the arrows that direct commuters where to queue when waiting for the train are now misaligned. They now point to the middle of the train doors.

Writes the STOMPer in her contribution (Mar 6):

"SMRT is not listening.

"The arrow is now in the middle of the gate.

"if you queue according to the arrows, you will be blocking commuters coming out of the train.

"I have sent this feedback to them but they didn't seem to see the problem and gave some textbook answers.

"I saw this at Aljunied MRT station and at Commonwealth MRT Station (which is not yet in operation)."

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
MRT so packed that three trains passed before I could finally board

three_trains_passed_before_i_could_finally_board-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer commuter was deeply unhappy that he had to wait for three MRT trains to pass before he could finally get on. This is not what he expected from Singapore's supposedly efficient transport system.

Said the STOMPer:

"I had to wait for three trains before I managed to get on one!

"Looking at the packed platform, we can hardly claim to be a world class transportation system.

"There has been much talk about improving train frequency, but has SMRT done enough?"

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/moDWDZ_MiJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a4yXScOOMj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even tv jiat liao bee reporters also du lan and report on tv

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The buses are not getting better anyway..but they did try....I have to connect at a bus stop, where they have the elctronic display of the bus timing. Just to check each day, if they are telling the truth, I can tell you the HARD TRUTHS, no!. The display says xxx ARR, you are standing at the bus stop, four other service numbers pas you...the sign still says ARR..then changed to 16 mins....the bus arrived in 20 mins...single deck, you can not even get on....then the sign says 5mins, then ARRV...no bus at the bus bay???...suddenly you see two double decks of the same service number...

Maybe I was waiting for Harry Potter's "knight bus"...hmmm:biggrin:

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This problem of overcrowding transport MRT and buses will persist as long as it is central planning by the government. Only when there are free and fair competition in the transportation industry and not "private" central government controlled planning, people will have little to no choice but to squeeze to the limited choice of transport by the limited choice of transport "private" companies.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

commuters_have_to_squeeze_through_small_opening_of_mrt_doors-thumbnail.jpg

When this train came to a stop, its doors were not properly aligned with the safety doors, forcing passengers to alight by squeezing through the narrow gap. STOMPer ben saw this at Tanah Merah station.

The STOMPer wrote:

"At 7.14am, the train that was heading towards Pasir Ris pulled to stop at Tanah Merah and missed the door alignment with the platform doors, forcing commuters to squeeze through the tiny gap.

"This is so dangerous.

I also ever encounter many many time liao, train stopped liao still can GOSTANG. Its either new driver or same thing, sleeping/ stoning on job.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yes..everywhere in the world during rush hours trains will be pack ..but those country are pack with the locals and not with FT . train pack with the locals is bobian if pack with FT , that can be avoid .

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want better service have to pay more.
If don't pay more means you will be robbing the country's reserves.
Now you know why prices only goes up for govt services-any reduction means robbing of the reserves-as defined by MBT.

CCBCaoPi

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The STOMPer wrote:

"This is so dangerous.

Mr OA, dogs are not allowed to in MRT, so what are you talking about?