• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gong Cheebye sentenced to death for delivering food

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
malaysian_was_paid_80_to_carry_food_package_containing_heroin_to-thumbnail.jpg

SOURCE: The Straits Times

A 27-YEAR-OLD jobless Malaysian man who was paid RM200 (S$80) to carry a “food package” into Singapore was yesterday given the mandatory death penalty after he was convicted of trafficking in 19.35g of heroin.

Dinesh Pillai Reja Retnam had carried the drugs – wrapped in brown paper tied with rubber bands, with packets of chilli and gravy – through the Causeway in a compartment of his motorcycle on Dec 19, 2009. It was the third time he had brought such packages into Singapore.

Dinesh’s defence was that he did not know the package contained drugs and that at most, it contained contraband, such as money, electronic parts or gold.

But Justice Chan Seng Onn did not believe him, saying he did not make eye contact with immigration officers when he was checked, showing that he was nervous.

The judge also said Dinesh should have believed the package contained drugs, given that he had delivered such packages on two previous occasions.

Justice Chan also found that he could not give a good explanation for not opening up the package to check the contents.

On the night of Dec 19, 2009, Dinesh was arrested after Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) officers, alerted by immigration officers, found a red plastic bag in the compartment under the seat of his motorcycle.

Inside the bag were a brown package tied with rubber bands, a packet of chilli and a packet of curry.

Through a gap in the wrapper, a CNB officer saw some brownish substance packed in a separate bag – this was later analysed to contain 19.35g of heroin.

The prosecution’s case against Dinesh is that he was wilfully blind to the fact that he was importing heroin into Singapore. By his own admission, he had, on two occasions before his arrest, successfully brought packages packed in the exact same manner into Singapore.

He had told investigators that someone known as “Raja” in Johor Baru would give him the number of a Singapore contact known as “Boy”, who would then tell him where to meet for the handover.

Dinesh said he was told by Raja that the “food item” he was to deliver was something expensive, and it was not to be opened as Boy would otherwise not accept it.

He said no money changed hands during the first delivery, but the second time, Boy handed him $9,600, which he then passed to Raja when he returned to JB.

The death penalty is mandatory for anyone found guilty of trafficking in 15g or more of heroin.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
See, no need to shoot them like one of the brudder here. They have a tendency to self-destruct.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lets be fair ...everyday thousands of ppl coming in from malaysia ...how to check everyone ?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lets be fair ...everyday thousands of ppl coming in from malaysia ...how to check everyone ?

Drug arrests are almost always by tip-off or in connection with a lead from ongoing investigations.
Random checks only net that one or two careless/lucky cases.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Drug arrests are almost always by tip-off or in connection with a lead from ongoing investigations.
Random checks only net that one or two careless/lucky cases.

totally agreed ....custom over there is for show only ...let people think twice about bringing contraband into singapore ....truly hardcore trafficker will not be bother by those useless custom .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This Ah Neh try to lie. What food cost more than $9000.

when did the ah neh say that $9000 is for the food ? :confused:

maybe the druglord lie to that ah neh to collect the 9k because the other fellow own him money ...

for $80 ? i dont think anybody will be that stupid to bring in drugs .

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

maybe the druglord lie to that ah neh to collect the 9k because the other fellow own him money ...

Yes going rate for a lorry load of ciggies already SGD$300

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Since it's a keling he might have been dumb enough to do that.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
keling are not dumb ...they just like to twist and turn .if not why so many keling become lawyers and money changer .

You are giving them too much credit. Kelings got upper caste and lower caste one leh. Those lower down the food chain usually can wear their IQ on a football goalkeeper's jersey - 1.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
recently , i heard from my friends , they pay their deliveryman SGD$500 per shipment for the tabacoo .

Depends on the quantity also......if its singapore nationality drivers command higher 'salary' as well.
Frankly, want smuggle drugs might as well be a ant smuggler....can be your own boss and each trip can make a few hundreds as well.
Go JB procure the drugs, few grams at a time......stuff inside arsehole or some other places.....for own comsumption and sell the rest......

Manuel Neuer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those lower down the food chain usually can wear their IQ on a football goalkeeper's jersey - 1.

Please don't compare them with mega football stars like me. Bayern Munich and Man Utd are bidding for me. But i want to remain in Germany and win the Bundesliga. :biggrin: