• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LOL Sinkie got bullied on US exchange program and he doesn't know it

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
"WHEN 26-year-old Lester Lim was an undergraduate at NUS, he went to the United States in 2008 on a six-month exchange programme at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

The stint coincided with the historic election in which Mr Barack Obama became the country's first African-American president.

Although it was a foregone conclusion that the state's electoral votes would go to the Democratic Party (Mr Obama was the state's senator), Mr Lim remembers vividly the seriousness with which young Americans took their ballots.

His roommate, an Italian-American, locked himself in his room on Election Day because he wanted time to think over who he was going to vote for, and why.

Mr Lim recalls his incredulity then: 'I was knocking on the door, saying, are you sure you are going to spend the whole day thinking about this? The answer: 'Yes. It's my civic responsibility.''

'The civic awareness that young Americans have, I don't think Singaporeans realise it yet,' reflects Mr Lim, now working in the financial industry."

If it sounds too incredible to be true, it probably is. This guy got punked. His smart roommate wanted the room to himself the whole day and used the election as an excuse. Probably to bang his girlfriend in peace. Like seriously. If the campus is overwhelmingly pro-Obama, why would the roommate need the whole day to think about it? Why do you need to lock the room to think about it? And this fool Lester thinks it's civic awareness.

Last edited:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
What an idiot! Voter attendance in the US has been declining to historic low. Lanjiao about civic awareness. 26 years old leow still dunno how to think and sprout rubbish.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lester sure is one blur fuck. He probably did not notice his roommate hanging a tie outside the door knob.

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
"WHEN 26-year-old Lester Lim was an undergraduate at NUS, he went to the United States in 2008 on a six-month exchange programme at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

The stint coincided with the historic election in which Mr Barack Obama became the country's first African-American president.

Although it was a foregone conclusion that the state's electoral votes would go to the Democratic Party (Mr Obama was the state's senator), Mr Lim remembers vividly the seriousness with which young Americans took their ballots.

His roommate, an Italian-American, locked himself in his room on Election Day because he wanted time to think over who he was going to vote for, and why.

Mr Lim recalls his incredulity then: 'I was knocking on the door, saying, are you sure you are going to spend the whole day thinking about this? The answer: 'Yes. It's my civic responsibility.''

'The civic awareness that young Americans have, I don't think Singaporeans realise it yet,' reflects Mr Lim, now working in the financial industry."

If it sounds too incredible to be true, it probably is. This guy got punked. His smart roommate wanted the room to himself the whole day and used the election as an excuse. Probably to bang his girlfriend in peace. Like seriously. If the campus is overwhelmingly pro-Obama, why would the roommate need the whole day to think about it? Why do you need to lock the room to think about it? And this fool Lester thinks it's civic awareness.

Going by this Lester's reasoning, I won't be surprised if he was an advocate of "Cooling off" day since it is supposed to be a day of quiet, peace and reflection. Reflection on who to vote in a locked room reflects civil responsibility, and he believes his room mate? This is stereotyping based on limited experiences...

To think just a while ago, people are critical over having a Cooling off day, and this Lester praises his american friend to high heaven and thinks this is civic awareness? I agree with forummers. Can't think critically. Hai..sad manzzzz.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Side issues. Note that he is 26 years old, and the University. That is the favourite University of Philip Yeo who more or less twisted the Govt hand after his son got his tertiary education there. The intake increased many fold.

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Side issues. Note that he is 26 years old, and the University. That is the favourite University of Philip Yeo who more or less twisted the Govt hand after his son got his tertiary education there. The intake increased many fold.

Philip Yeo's son is one hao lian fcuk like his father.... albeit a tad more diplomatic and knows how to play "down-to-earth"....

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gene Yeo @ UIUC? He also sent his daughter to US, Brandeis Uni.
Philip was in charge of A*STAR anyway. Hahahaha don't know how much arm twisting has to be done.

But yeah, UIUC is actually a good uni, considered Public Ivy along with Uni of Michigan and anothers. if lester was a UIUC student, I wonder how xia suay will be it for UIUC to have its students making such daft statements