• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Expect To Pay More For Property Tax This Year

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
especially you kotek.:eek: ivebert/manokie.
kpkp so much about sinkies and yet holding sinkies carrier shares.

Mr Zhou

Note that SIA is not Sinkie Airlines
It's Singapore Airlines :eek:

For a definition of Sinkies, refer to my thread.
I am very sure they have University Grads running the company

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has already started before you can even collect your $600-$800 ang pow!

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=9690

"IRAS reviews the AVs of all properties, including HDB flats, annually to ensure that they reflect prevailing market rental values for the purpose of determining property tax."

IRAS should use "prevailing market rental values" indicator only for those who are renting out their premises - not for those residing. Potential and actual are different. You tax a person based on his actual earning for the preceding year - not his potential earnings.

A bird in hand is worth a bird in hand - and not worth the many in the bushes!

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
damn it, just received letters from IRAS. both of my condos annual value has been revised and the property tax increase by another $500 and $1000 each!!! hdb also increase by $30. pui!

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our caring gahment will say this increase will tax more on the rich and allow them to use the $$$ on the poor...