• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The cost of Living

D

dl2734

The cost of living in Singapore has gone up quite up and the I used take taxi to go work and it used to cost about $6 and it about $9 with ERP charges etc.

The Strong SINGAPORE dollars seems to be applicable in places like Malaysia, Thailiand, Vietnam etc.

Any idea how we cope with the rising cost??

Buying thing via Internet is good way of getting things from the States

Any good Ideas to cope??

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cost of living in Singapore has gone up quite up and the I used take taxi to go work and it used to cost about $6 and it about $9 with ERP charges etc.

The Strong SINGAPORE dollars seems to be applicable in places like Malaysia, Thailiand, Vietnam etc.

Any good Ideas to cope??

Not sure about the rest but for me it is spend less and avoid spending if necessary. If need be only spend when there are great sales around.

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any good Ideas to cope??

1) buy a streetdirectory
2) learn to take public transportation like bus and MRT

shrek2

Alfrescian
Loyal
also stuff like watching your miscellaneous expenses, avoiding eating out, trying to cut down on water & electricity use.
was shocked last month when my electricity bill jumped a couple of hundred bucks. am trying to cut back by reducing air con use, hope this will help make next month's bill less painful.
i think we all feel the pinch - save those who earn 100k a month and tell us that we should not get any wage rises to cope with inflation. it's easy for them to say so.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think we all feel the pinch - save those who earn 100k a month and tell us that we should not get any wage rises to cope with inflation. it's easy for them to say so.

No need 100k a month, 10k a month is more than enough to support a small family and you can even add your in-laws at that too!

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just my 2 cents, those who earn more will spend more one. To certain extent, thats a true fact.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
T

My idea is to learn to have another stream of income in whatever ideas you have you can earn it by yourself.

Or you can spend less and be prudent.

However i prefer the former.

terror03

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will have to cut down on certain unnecessary things due to the rise of daily necessity.
But those earning more than 10k/mth probably won't feel the pinch of the increase cost. Sori no offense to those bros who fall in this category

saf_ranger

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have a better idea.dont take bus or mrt ... just cycle to work.. u save alot . and eat maggie mee everyday ,u save more.:smile:.i and now doing that i walk to work,i dont eat lunch,for dinner i eat maggie mee :p
thks to PAP.. fuck them

director66

Alfrescian
Loyal
My idea is to learn to have another stream of income in whatever ideas you have you can earn it by yourself.

Or you can spend less and be prudent.

However i prefer the former.

It takes a jolt to shake ppl out of their comfort zone. I know it's true for me when i nearly lost my job. Then and only then will they start looking for ways to make more money. Like how near death situations makes us cherish life more.
Spending less and being prudent is good, but it's not a solution if you're not making enough.

director66

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have a better idea.dont take bus or mrt ... just cycle to work.. u save alot . and eat maggie mee everyday ,u save more.:smile:.i and now doing that i walk to work,i dont eat lunch,for dinner i eat maggie mee :p
thks to PAP.. fuck them

Bro you sure or not? So cham ar?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It takes a jolt to shake ppl out of their comfort zone. I know it's true for me when i nearly lost my job. Then and only then will they start looking for ways to make more money. Like how near death situations makes us cherish life more.

Why does people always link setting up something on their own with getting out of comfort zone. Setting up your own stream of income is something exciting and challenging. It will wakes a person up.

am55

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,
i know tis thread is abt the cost of living but i know most of my frens r on some form of long time meds be it high blood pressure, cholesterol. alot people seem to be asthmatics. diabetics.........I myself take pain meds for my back all of tis adds to the cost of LIVING. thanks for reading

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi,
i know tis thread is abt the cost of living but i know most of my frens r on some form of long time meds be it high blood pressure, cholesterol. alot people seem to be asthmatics. diabetics.........I myself take pain meds for my back all of tis adds to the cost of LIVING. thanks for reading

Hey. start a new thread pls...

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will have to cut down on certain unnecessary things due to the rise of daily necessity.
But those earning more than 10k/mth probably won't feel the pinch of the increase cost. Sori no offense to those bros who fall in this category

You forgot to add (ministers and top civil servants not included) :biggrin:

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do agree on the idea on cutting down. But for those who earn more than 10k/month, I think they are spending more too.