• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Satanic Verses

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Satanic Verses ........ Where the Evils of PAP, their demonic minions, n fools eats the souls of SG away chunk by chunk. :mad:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Off topic. Should be in the politics section. You have received a red card for your offence. :smile:

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ay fren, tis is in the Political Issues section lah. Y so mean. Red card sound serious u know. So i can go on or not? Tis yr kopitiam. i listen to u .... :biggrin:

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chobolan Lim Boon Heng CNA 6 Aug 2008 asking ageing employees to be open to re-training and to take on age-appropriate vocations by adjusting their salary expectations - lower pay lah :

"You feel a sense of injustice because just before, you were earning so much... (But) if I'm looking from a viewpoint of applying for a job at that age, can I accept that wage from any other employer? If I can, then I should not feel too bad about it"

If no lose job to cheap foreign workers in the beginning, wld hv no need to get another job outside one's competency, n yet earn lesser $$$ !!! Focking millionaire shit head teaching poor peasants to cope wif evil PAP labor policy !!!!

Last edited:

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Evil PAP cultist elitist Wee Siew Kim say minion got "clear sense of propriety and mission" ... so cultist saying it's appropriate behavior to embezzle taxpayers $$ to fund pte self enrichment mission !!!!

Tis type of MP u can trust ??!?!?!?

Aug 6, 2008
Man cheated sports club of $26,700
Former chairman of Jalan Kayu Constituency Sports Club jailed 8 months for forging claims

A GRASSROOTS leader was jailed yesterday for cheating a neighbourhood organisation of $26,700 in an effort to pay off his skyrocketing personal debt.

Koh Eng Ann was sentenced to eight months behind bars after admitting earlier to forging payment claims while he was chairman of the Jalan Kayu Constituency Sports Club.

A district court heard he made up 22 receipts for items, such as pens, bags and lamps, between Sept 2006 and April last year, and submitted the claims to the club's treasurer.

The 49-year-old's ruse was discovered during an audit of grassroots organisations by the People's Association last May.

An assistant constituency manager noticed the club had apparently spent $26,700 on door prizes for three events - an amount she considered extremely high.

A senior constituency manager asked Koh about the amount and he immediately admitted to cheating the club.

He then returned all the money.

Koh, a past recipient of the Public Service Medal, has held various positions within grassroots groups in the Jalan Kayu constituency.

Asking District Judge Liew Thiam Leng for a lenient sentence, Koh's lawyer Wee Pan Lee said that Koh was financially strapped.

The contractor owed $120,000 to banks and the interest alone amounted to $4,000 a month - his entire paycheck.

The lawyer also quoted from a testimonial by Mr Wee Siew Kim, an MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC and an adviser to Jalan Kayu grassroots organisations.

The MP said that Koh had leadership qualities and a 'clear sense of propriety and mission'.

The court heard that Koh is now jobless and his wife works as a part-time clerk earning about $500 a month. The couple has two children, aged 11 and 15.

Judge Liew said that Koh, although a first offender and a volunteer, had abused his position of trust.

Koh, who had pleaded guilty to forging five payment claims, could have been jailed up to seven years and fined for each forgery.

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh really? So not hosting YOG will save SG taxpayers billions dat can b use to help fight gov-made inflation??? Wanna cool property price Y issue so much land fer development now ???

Burn in HELL u scum sour grape liar!!!

Minister Mah says YOG venue change will save millions of dollars
Posted: 07 August 2008 2345 hrs

SINGAPORE: National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan said on Thursday the decision to move the Youth Olympic Village to Nanyang Technological University will save a few hundred million dollars.

The decision on the change of venue was announced by Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee (SYOGOC) at a news conference last Saturday. Rising construction costs worldwide was cited as a reason for the change.

The initial plan was to site the Olympic Village at the National University of Singapore's S$500-million University Town, which is presently under construction.

Construction of the University Town is continuing, but with less urgency. Mr Mah said facilities such as the Sports Hub will also experience a delay in construction.

"I think where the facility or the infrastructure is not urgent, where we can afford to delay, we will delay. I mean, the Sports Hub is not so critical that it has to be finished by this particular date, so if we can delay one or two years, why not? We can save some money and also help the construction industry to cool down a bit," he said.

Mr Mah was speaking to reporters at his Ministry's National Day observance ceremony.

He also touched on the issue of inflation which has hit Singaporeans due to spiralling oil and gas prices. He disagreed that subsidies by the government was the way to address the issue.

"By subsidising, I think we are creating a different solution. You're not making people save; people will not save energy, for example. So what the government is doing is to give out grants. People should make use of the grants to help them reduce their food bill or their energy bill," the minister said.

- CNA/so

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dat's just great !!! A NDP to celebrate FT n new citizens !!! May b the peasants collecting cardboards/tin cans n elderly folks cleaning yr kopi tables n cleaning yr public toilets shld oso learn the lyrics n join in the HUMILIATION !!!! Fock the PAP !!!!

Teenage jazz singer Nathan Hartono to perform opening song at NDP
By Lynda Hong, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 07 August 2008 1635 hrs

SNGAPORE : This year's opening song at the National Day Parade (NDP) will be performed by children whose parents are foreigners, and teenage jazz heart-throb Nathan Hartono will be among them.

30 children, aged between 9 and 11 years old, have been spending most of their Saturdays rehearsing at the Marina Bay Floating Platform. But their hard work goes beyond just practising at the venue.

"At home, I briefly do the steps just to recap (in) my mind, and I do this every Saturday," said one of the children.

The children's parents, who have settled down in Singapore, will be watching them from the stands during the parade. Joining them are Hartono's parents, who come from Indonesia and are now Permanent Residents.

Pop jazz singer Hartono said: "They were really proud of me when they heard about it. They've been living here for the past 25 years, so when they first heard about it, they are like... you should do it."

Hartono will sing the opening song "Where I belong" along with the 30 children. - CNA /ls

---------------------------

New citizens, PRs get involved in National Day celebrations
By Lynda Hong, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 07 August 2008 2239 hrs

SINGAPORE: Grassroots organisations are getting new Singapore citizens and permanent residents involved in National Day celebrations as a way of integrating them here.

Sally Chen was born in South Korea, but is now a permanent resident (PR) here. Her father studied Traditional Chinese Medicine in Beijing before settling down in Singapore two years ago.

She is taking part in the National Day celebrations at the grassroots level by performing a Korean Dance.

Another participant is 55-year-old Suchavavee Chandra, who was born in Bangkok. Married to a Singaporean for the past 34 years, she gave up her Thai citizenship to become a Singapore citizen.

"Otherwise, after 34 years, I am still PR. Now, I already have a granddaughter. I want to stay here," she said.

Both Chandra and the Chens are among 23 new citizens and permanent residents from South Korea, Myanmar, Philippines and Thailand who have been invited by the grassroots organisations to perform.

- CNA/so

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gd Lord !!!! Some focker will do any thing just to make a pt !!! Choking indeed !!! I'm focking choking wif disgust at tis focking wayang !! If tis focker c the suffering of peasants collecting cardboards n tin cans, elderly workers cleaning yr kopi tables, cleaning yr public toilets, n begging fer job, focking evil minion will really choke SG wif his monsoon tears !!!!

Workers' caring spirit lauded
August 8, 2008 Friday
Teary NTUC chief pays tribute at launch of book on daily-rated workers

WHEN daily-rated worker K.Sithambaram, 38, was offered a promotion this year, he hesitated.

Accepting it would mean he could no longer serve the Amalgamated Union of Public Daily Rated Workers, of which he was deputy general secretary.

But his union chief, Mr G.Muthukumar, urged him to take up the job as a technician on a monthly salary for the sake of his two children, aged seven and 12.

The incident brought tears to the eyes of labour chief Lim Swee Say yesterday as he related it at a book launch.

His voice choking with emotion, Mr Lim had to pause twice to recover his composure before urging daily-rated employees to follow in the footsteps of Mr Sithambaram by improving their lives as well as those of their families.

Later, Mr Lim told reporters he had been moved by the selflessness of the two union leaders.

'This spirit of caring for each other, to always want to do the very best for the daily-rated employees to the extent of putting their interest ahead of self-interest really touched me.

'It's that kind of spirit that typifies the labour movement,' said the Minister in the Prime Minister's Office.

Getting his mechatronics qualification was important for Mr Sithambaram because, with only N levels, his job prospects then were dim.

For two years, he travelled twice a week from his workplace in Tuas to Bukit Batok to attend a course which would lead to a National Institute of Technical Education Certificate.

It paved the way to his new job at the Tuas Incinerator Plant which pays him $1,600 a month, $400 more than he received in his former job as a foreman.

His story has been chronicled in a book on daily-rated employees, called The Unsung Heroes.

Around 100 of these workers were at the Botanic Gardens to hear Mr Lim heap praise on them for keeping Singapore clean and green.

They faithfully sweep the roads, collect refuse, man incinerator plants, tend to trees and check for mosquito breeding, he said.

But as they have little education and make less than $1,200 a month, Mr Lim urged them to ensure their children receive a better education. It is one way to boost a family's livelihood, he said.

Some of the workers' children are walking down that road, going to university with the help of bursaries from the daily-rated workers' union.

The sale of the 96-page book is helping the union raise funds for more bursaries and for workers' training.

Ten organisations have given the fund-raising effort a boost by donating $10,000 each for a copy of the book autographed by Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew. They include Singapore Press Holdings, Great Malaysian Textiles and NTUC FairPrice.

The training of workers is the focus of Mr Muthukumar, 57, the union's general secretary.

Since assuming the position in 2002, he has convinced all 1,000 members to attend at least one upgrading course.

His worry is that their jobs are at risk as the public sector outsources work to contractors.

It was what led him to encourage Mr Sithambaram to take the certificate course and to accept the promotion.

'I want everybody to move up. That is my dream,' said Mr Muthukumar.

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wong Cunt Head 7 Aug 2008 National Day observance ceremony :

"Let me assure all Home Team officers that we will always observe the need for pragmatic balance in all that we do. But I also assure you that how the officers responsible will be taken to task will always be fair and just. Commanders will ultimately be liable and assessed on the quality of their leadership as reflected in the performance of their officers, as well as the manner in which they address problems and adversity."

So Cunt Head, r u n loafer Prof Ho Pai Kia not the commanders of MHA ???? So wat liability u get besides the pay hike n getting yr stoopid face on National Day propaganda posters ????

Fock back to Hell u scum waste material of Satan !!!

chaomonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
The incident brought tears to the eyes of labour chief Lim Swee Say yesterday as he related it at a book launch.

His voice choking with emotion, Mr Lim had to pause twice to recover his composure before urging daily-rated employees to follow in the footsteps of Mr Sithambaram by improving their lives as well as those of their families.
QUOTE]

CAN STOP CRYING ANOT!! :mad:

locky2ky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wong Cunt Head 7 Aug 2008 National Day observance ceremony :

"Let me assure all Home Team officers that we will always observe the need for pragmatic balance in all that we do. But I also assure you that how the officers responsible will be taken to task will always be fair and just. Commanders will ultimately be liable and assessed on the quality of their leadership as reflected in the performance of their officers, as well as the manner in which they address problems and adversity."

So Cunt Head, r u n loafer Prof Ho Pai Kia not the commanders of MHA ???? So wat liability u get besides the pay hike n getting yr stoopid face on National Day propaganda posters ????

Fock back to Hell u scum waste material of Satan !!!

wrong, commanders will be assessed on their 'kuanxi' or connections!

locky2ky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gd Lord !!!! Some focker will do any thing just to make a pt !!! Choking indeed !!! I'm focking choking wif disgust at tis focking wayang !! If tis focker c the suffering of peasants collecting cardboards n tin cans, elderly workers cleaning yr kopi tables, cleaning yr public toilets, n begging fer job, focking evil minion will really choke SG wif his monsoon tears !!!!

Workers' caring spirit lauded
August 8, 2008 Friday
Teary NTUC chief pays tribute at launch of book on daily-rated workers

WHEN daily-rated worker K.Sithambaram, 38, was offered a promotion this year, he hesitated.

Accepting it would mean he could no longer serve the Amalgamated Union of Public Daily Rated Workers, of which he was deputy general secretary.

But his union chief, Mr G.Muthukumar, urged him to take up the job as a technician on a monthly salary for the sake of his two children, aged seven and 12.

Later, Mr Lim told reporters he had been moved by the selflessness of the two union leaders.

'This spirit of caring for each other, to always want to do the very best for the daily-rated employees to the extent of putting their interest ahead of self-interest really touched me.

'It's that kind of spirit that typifies the labour movement,' said the Minister in the Prime Minister's Office.

Getting his mechatronics qualification was important for Mr Sithambaram because, with only N levels, his job prospects then were dim.

For two years, he travelled twice a week from his workplace in Tuas to Bukit Batok to attend a course which would lead to a National Institute of Technical Education Certificate.

It paved the way to his new job at the Tuas Incinerator Plant which pays him $1,600 a month, $400 more than he received in his former job as a foreman.

His story has been chronicled in a book on daily-rated employees, called The Unsung Heroes.

Around 100 of these workers were at the Botanic Gardens to hear Mr Lim heap praise on them for keeping Singapore clean and green.

They faithfully sweep the roads, collect refuse, man incinerator plants, tend to trees and check for mosquito breeding, he said.

But as they have little education and make less than $1,200 a month, Mr Lim urged them to ensure their children receive a better education. It is one way to boost a family's livelihood, he said.

Some of the workers' children are walking down that road, going to university with the help of bursaries from the daily-rated workers' union.

The sale of the 96-page book is helping the union raise funds for more bursaries and for workers' training.

Ten organisations have given the fund-raising effort a boost by donating $10,000 each for a copy of the book autographed by Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew. They include Singapore Press Holdings, Great Malaysian Textiles and NTUC FairPrice.

The training of workers is the focus of Mr Muthukumar, 57, the union's general secretary.

Since assuming the position in 2002, he has convinced all 1,000 members to attend at least one upgrading course.

His worry is that their jobs are at risk as the public sector outsources work to contractors.

It was what led him to encourage Mr Sithambaram to take the certificate course and to accept the promotion.

'I want everybody to move up. That is my dream,' said Mr Muthukumar.

"WHEN daily-rated worker K.Sithambaram, 38, was offered a promotion this year, he hesitated.

Accepting it would mean he could no longer serve the Amalgamated Union of Public Daily Rated Workers, of which he was deputy general secretary."

believe this piece of shit must be from our msm. they are real pathetic. after so many years of practice they have not improved and are still telling such crude jokes!

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
"WHEN daily-rated worker K.Sithambaram, 38, was offered a promotion this year, he hesitated.

Accepting it would mean he could no longer serve the Amalgamated Union of Public Daily Rated Workers, of which he was deputy general secretary."

believe this piece of shit must be from our msm. they are real pathetic. after so many years of practice they have not improved and are still telling such crude jokes!

As u say, he probably got more kuanxi rewards as Dep gen sec there ... cum to think abt it, may b he was force to move out bcos he was 'too corrupted' ...

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah!! By his idiot logic, MOH only need worry when 1700 (10%) people die fr HFMD !! Call him self a doctor !!! More like a focking piece of underworld filth !!!

Expert says dying from HFMD is remote
By Hasnita A Majid, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 08 August 2008 2010 hrs

SINGAPORE: Dying from Hand Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD) is rare, according to an infectious disease expert. But parents should look for signs that may suggest complications from the usually-mild childhood disease.

Elias Kindergarten at Woodlands is in the spotlight following the death of a three-year-old boy who developed complications from HFMD - the first such death in seven years.

Dr Chong Chia Yin, Head, Infectious Disease Service, KK Women's and Children's Hospital, said: "The probability is actually very low. The case fatality rate is actually 0.11 per cent in the 2000-2001 outbreak in Singapore.

"If you look at this year's figures, we are talking about one patient who has passed away out of 17,000 patients who have had HFMD this year. So the case fatality is actually very low."

Still, that is perhaps one child too many. Dr Chong advises parents to look for signs suggesting that complications may have set in. These include vomiting, fits and infrequent urinating.

Dr Chong added: "If the virus affects the lungs, then they may have respiratory problems and currently there are no anti-virus medicine available. So there's only supportive treatment available."

The hospital said that there were four other cases of complications from the Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. All of them, including a 16-year-old, had inflammation of the brain. But they have since been discharged and two have fully recovered.

Elias Kindergarten has been closed till August 17 to break the chain of transmission.

Staff told Channel NewsAsia that a professional cleaning company has been engaged to disinfect the premises regularly from now on.

In the past week, there were 32 active HFMD clusters in childcare centres and 16 in the Ministry of Education's preschools. These clusters are located all over Singapore.

In Singapore, HFMD occurs throughout the year, but it generally peaks during school terms and declines during the school holidays.

The Ministry of Health has stressed the importance of maintaining high standards of personal and environmental hygiene to minimise the risk of HFMD. - CNA/vm

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Parliament liar Gan Ni Na TODAY 9 Aug 2008 :

"What is important is for employers, on the one hand, to be mindful that wages increases should be in line with (and) not exceed productivity growth. But at the same time, from the employees’ point of view, they should continue to upgrade themselves, re-skill themselves.”

Focking tock cock king !!! Wat fock productivity he tock?? Productivity oso based on mkt demand n operating cost. When employers want save cost, they will not pay you more even if you are a 200% productive super man wif 8 arms n 100 certificates !!!! Focker want people to do 5 men's job to get a little more pay !!!! Up his !!!

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Focking fork tongue turn coat bastard Vivian Bloodrunkissbum !!! C wat tis satanic focker is saying now ... women r baby making factory !!! If no make baby, suffer opportunity cost !!!!! Tis evil focker is a defective pdt of his mother's factory !!!

Plans on boosting birth rate to be announced after National Day Rally
By Valarie Tan, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 11 August 2008 2009 hrs

SINGAPORE: Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, said on Monday that more details on how Singapore plans to boost its birth rate will be announced after the National Day Rally on August 17.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in his National Day Message last Friday that the government will be taking steps to address practical problems faced by couples in starting families.

One of the areas which the government will be looking at is the role of fathers.

Dr Balakrishnan said: "Our society has changed. Women have so many more opportunities now, and if we don't change the stereotyped gender roles, then the opportunity costs for women will be too high – they're not going to have children or even if they do, they're not going to have very many.

"So beyond just money and schemes, what's really needed is a mindset and attitudinal change, and a significant shift in the relationship

"Basically, if we don't do our fair share of parenting and domestic duties, some things are going to give. And in our society, it's going to mean fewer children.

"This is something we are going to work at, but this is not something the government can mandate or legislate, or even provide incentives for. It's something which each family, each couple will have to work out."

- CNA/so

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Satan Lee ST 14 Aug 2008 :

"We know that Singapore wants opposition to check the PAP. We'll find a way to have more voices inside the assembly, but not at the risk of voting in a Div 2 or 3 Government. If ever the PAP goes corrupt, weak, it's finished. You will have to look for a new team, and a new party. That will be very difficult. So just watch and make sure nothing goes wrong with the PAP."

"find a way"? Demonic PAP can manipulate democratic process, determine who get voted n who not? The word is "rig election" Mr Satanic Lawyer !!!

The more senile he bcum, the more truthful he gets !!!

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rascist Zainudin Nordin CNA 14 Aug 2008 :

"Are we using the help that government has given us properly? Have we made use of it for the best of our family, so that we are able to keep some for rainy days before we ask for more? Because, I think, we will continue to say it's not enough."

Paraphrase :

U focking peasants always ask gov fer $$ but any how use it, then later want more !! Wat the fock !!! Do u c PAP MP n MiniStars ask fer more $$ bcus we waste $$ ??? No!! We ask more $$ to retain n attract talents!!! Do u c the PAP gov ask taxpayers fer more $$? Of course No!! GST is to help the poor, ERP to clear the traffic jam, bus fare hike to provide Div 1 tpt service, petrol tax to give u world-class NDP fly-pass n light show!! PAP gov know how to save fer rainy day tks to Temasek n GIC competent investment!! U peasants leh?