• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Migrate - CPF - How ?

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will be marrying a foreign wife and planning to settle in her home country.
Thus, I am surely planning to migrate.
My main worry is this : What about my CPF - any problems after I denounce my citizenship? Will I surely manage to withdraw my CPF fully?
With my CPF withdrawn, I can then live peacefully in that new country.
Kind Brothers, pls sahre your advice .
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
My main worry is this : What about my CPF - any problems after I denounce my citizenship? Will I surely manage to withdraw my CPF fully?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Once you give up your citizenship, you can close your cpf account and withdraw all your money. However, before you renounce your citizenship, you first need to gain citizenship of some other country.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Leongsam,
Thanks for your prompt reply. But, it was very brief.
Is it so simple that After I got a New citizenship and denounce my citizenship here, I could surely get my CPF fully? Well, if this is the case, its truly wonderful, like striking the S$8M Toto Jackpot tomorrow.!!! Thanks again Brother.
Thanks Thanks Thanks

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Leongsam,
Is it so simple that After I got a New citizenship and denounce my citizenship here, I could surely get my CPF fully? Well, if this is the case, its truly wonderful, like striking the S$8M Toto Jackpot tomorrow.!!! Thanks again Brother.
Thanks Thanks Thanks

Wah your CPF got $8million ah? Jus joking, no offence. Once you denounce your citizenship, you get your CPF.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
kelvin, i think u need to consider many other hidden factors. cos migration isnt all that simple as though changing occupancy for toilet cubicles.

u need to qualify yourself in your new adopted country, n usually takes time since u might have to get PR 1st, need substantial amount in the bank... or watever criteria/ regulations need be fulfilled. only when u're offered citizenship, then can u talk about returning the red booklet + pink IC.

n in parallel, u can talk about withdrawing the CPF etc. bt if i'm nt mistaken, something will be retained, u wont be entilted 100%.... i cant recall if its the medisave or shield....

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother Leongsam,
Thanks Thanks Thanks
Just note one thing - CPF will be inform IRAS and appoint itself as your agent for settling your outstanding taxes with IRAS before releasing your money.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kelvin, i think u need to consider many other hidden factors. cos migration isnt all that simple as though changing occupancy for toilet cubicles.

u need to qualify yourself in your new adopted country, n usually takes time since u might have to get PR 1st, need substantial amount in the bank... or watever criteria/ regulations need be fulfilled. only when u're offered citizenship, then can u talk about returning the red booklet + pink IC.

n in parallel, u can talk about withdrawing the CPF etc. bt if i'm nt mistaken, something will be retained, u wont be entilted 100%.... i cant recall if its the medisave or shield....
suteerak1099,
Have you withdrawn your CPF before? I have.
Once you are no longer SG citizen, CPF will want nothing to do with you. You get ALL your CPF money back.
Migrating to a country that welcome migrants usually means you can get PR quite easily, and get citizenship with in 1 few years (Eg 4 years for OZ, used to be 2 years)

Last edited:

panama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just note one thing - CPF will be inform IRAS and appoint itself as your agent for settling your outstanding taxes with IRAS before releasing your money.

If the person is working overseas and filed income taxes to the host country, does he still need to file income tax to Singapore's IRAS :confused:?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once you produce your new citizenship and documents from local authorities renoucing the Singapore citizenship, the entire amount is yours.

People have been migrating for years and they are familiar with the routine. You can do it via email. Once they validate your email thru security questions, just name the local bank account or have it TT to your account in your new country.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
what about land of kiwi? do they welcome foreigners as aussie does?

Chances of an immigrant who speaks good English having any problems in NZ are very low.

They don't roll out a red carpet though. You just sort of work your way into the system and most people won't even give you a 2nd look. I'm speaking from a big city perspective.

If you moved into a small town like Waihi or Thames, your arrival may be slightly more noticeable but then that would apply to someone of any colour or creed.

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
when you show them all the necessary documents,you can withdraw everything.
but the chance of you working here will be slim or nil.
maybe some brothers who have migrated and give up their citzenship,can share their experience about it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
when you show them all the necessary documents,you can withdraw everything.
but the chance of you working here will be slim or nil.
maybe some brothers who have migrated and give up their citzenship,can share their experience about it.
If you have completed all your obligations including NS/reservist etc, you can come back and work anytime like any other foreigner. There are however stacks of forms to fill if you are an ex-singaporean. The past practice was to require ex-singaporean and East Malaysians who had withdrawn CPF to put it back before you are allowed to be employed. This no longer applies to ex-singaporeans who had genuinely migrated in the first instance and not an attempt withdraw CPF only.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the person is working overseas and filed income taxes to the host country, does he still need to file income tax to Singapore's IRAS :confused:?

You shouldn't have to, if that country has a double taxation treaty with S'pore.

icecum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wonder if give out SG citizen to migrate to other place will all our OA,SA,MA can withdraw all out? and it take how long? Must we be a citizen in that place 1st then SG Gov will let us withdraw all our CPF out???

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very brief....Is it so simple that After I got a New citizenship and denounce my citizenship here, I could surely get my CPF fully? ..truly wonderful, like striking the S$8M Toto Jackpot tomorrow.!!!
Keeping replies succinct (and not being windy) is best.

It's your hard worked money, if you call it quits with tiny red dot here. Not quite lottery windfall. :wink:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I won't do that if I will you.... never burn your bridge behind you.... me and my chinese wife are one of the most loving in china, some say HK and even Macau but my bridge is my sgp citizenship + cpf....

Whatever property and expenses in china are from my income... with some financial prudence and planning... no need to tap onto cpf....

beng