• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Let's be nice to each other in this section

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The old Coffee Shop forum at Delphi has ended up with an ingrained culture of flame wars in every single folder.

I take full responsibility for the situation. The problem with the Delphi forum is that there are insufficient controls to keep tabs on the content. It was OK at the beginning (way back in 1999) when traffic was considerably lower. However, with the current volume of 2000+ posts daily, it has become next to impossible for one person alone to administer.

This new forum on the vbulletin platform has a whole host of admin controls. However, I am going to maintain the tradition of a hands off approach with regards to what is posted in all sections EXCEPT THIS ONE. :cool:

"Coffee Shop Talk" will be monitored closely to ensure that peace and harmony reigns. Let's maintain this little corner as a haven of peace and tranquility in an otherwise troubled world. :smile: Troublemakers are therefore requested to take your taunts, sarcasm, racism and loutish behaviour to the rubbish heap at http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 You can take a crap there if you want but keep your nonsense away from the coffee shop.

Making an effort to be nice isn't that difficult. Even I can do it. Let's give it a go and see what happens. :p

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The old Coffee Shop forum at Delphi has ended up with an ingrained culture of flame wars in every single folder.

I take full responsibility for the situation. The problem with the Delphi forum is that there are insufficient controls to keep tabs on the content. It was OK at the beginning (way back in 1999) when traffic was considerably lower. However, with the current volume of 2000+ posts daily, it has become next to impossible for one person alone to administer.

This new forum on the vbulletin platform has a whole host of admin controls. However, I am going to maintain the tradition of a hands off approach with regards to what is posted in all sections EXCEPT THIS ONE. :cool:

"Coffee Shop Talk" will be monitored closely to ensure that peace and harmony reigns. Let's maintain this little corner as a haven of peace and tranquility in an otherwise troubled world. :smile: Troublemakers are therefore requested to take your taunts, sarcasm, racism and loutish behaviour to the rubbish heap at http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 You can take a crap there if you want but keep your nonsense away from the coffee shop.

Making an effort to be nice isn't that difficult. Even I can do it. Let's give it a go and see what happens. :p

may all be well and happy =)

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hope to see self-moderation and civility reign here.

Lets not behave like "new money" asians.

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Boss for the time and effort in this new forum! Its great and we all should make this forum a much better one than the Delphi!

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great to join tis forum. It is always good to be discreet and open minded about issues discussed, taking in considerations that the aim is not to pinpoint anyone but to present individual opinions and thoughts.

The highest order at the end of the day is to share so every member will more or less benefit from and enjoy our stay here.

Just my nengzhiamzee. :biggrin:

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great to join tis forum. It is always good to be discreet and open minded about issues discussed, taking in considerations that the aim is not to pinpoint anyone but to present individual opinions and thoughts.

The highest order at the end of the day is to share so every member will more or less benefit from and enjoy our stay here.

Just my nengzhiamzee. :biggrin:

Heehee I just want my free 100 pts at the other forum just for the fun of it. So far I am having a blast! Feels just like old times :biggrin:

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heehee I just want my free 100 pts at the other forum just for the fun of it. So far I am having a blast! Feels just like old times :biggrin:

Kekeke, who don't want e bonus pts pls rise ur hand? :biggrin: We all need some 'motivations' now and then. Yap, points doesn't mean everyting nor can they buy or exchange freebies but e.o.d who dun feel shiok when c ur pts up up and away?:wink:

Last edited:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello Sammy, how are you today?

terror03

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great to have join this forum. Nice for all to give their honest opinion & share whatever info for all to share.

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not too honest! Some people cannot handle the ugly truth. But let's be civilised about it.

Tis reminds mi of a movie by jack nicoleson and Tom Cruise. Jack's character said sumting in e military court when cross examined by Tom Cruise's Character, "U want the truth??! U can't handle the Truth!!" :p

Well, i guess it applies to the real world too. :wink:

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
hope it will remain and stay this way here.
even when disagree or have different opinions,also state or post in a more polite and civil way.
i believe a lot of us already have a taste of some bad experience in some other forums,so it will be good if this forum can maintain this way.