• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone here keep goldfish?

G

Gixer

I know there are other forums out there dedicated to fish keeping, but maybe someone here can advise me on what to do when my sucker fish attacks my goldfish.

Is there anyway to prevent it besides removing and destroying the sucker?

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How big is ur tank? The sucker maybe attracted by the slimy layer on ur gf. Try using a bigger tank...:biggrin::biggrin:

huntersg

I have been keep fishes for a few year, since i was in my primary school till now i am 20years old.

Goldfish is one of the "not so easy" fish keeping, as compare to other guppies, sucker fish, catfish....

So as your situation, i will recommand not to get a big size tank but to really remove the sucker fish;-

1) If you buy a biggest tank, may / may not solve the problem, as the sucker fish will grow big too, one day, the sucker fish will give you no warming and suck off the layer of slimy thing from the goldfish body.

2) As sucker fish cannot be with goldfish, so recommand putting sucker fish in another tank.

So i hope it helps you. Just my 2cents words.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know there are other forums out there dedicated to fish keeping, but maybe someone here can advise me on what to do when my sucker fish attacks my goldfish.

Is there anyway to prevent it besides removing and destroying the sucker?

Gold Fish must be kept in the Safe.
Sucker must be removed.

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
When i small kukujiao did kept gold fish...:biggrin:
uncles & aunties bought them as gifts on birthday...:p
daddy always help clean the tank....love the way they glides....
so happy until i nicked them all by names as
"dragon" "lovely" "fatty" bla bla bla cant remember another 3-5 more.... :smile:
THEN
come one idiot born 3 years later he took all my goldfish and play play outside the fish-tank...:eek:
went berserk..trying to put them in the tank back and..........
all si liao...:( never look back since.... :cool: