• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cyclists

Bike_Tyson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, any cyclist here? MTB, Roadie, Fixie, BMX, Hybrid....etc?

Where do you ride? Solo or 'platoon' level? Favourite routes or trails?

Just wondering how many of you are riding regularly as a sport or hobby.:wink:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hi, any cyclist here? MTB, Roadie, Fixie, BMX, Hybrid....etc?

Where do you ride? Solo or 'platoon' level? Favourite routes or trails?

Just wondering how many of you are riding regularly as a sport or hobby.:wink:

Me! I've been a Roadie for many years plus did some Mountain Biking when the sport first took off in the early 90s.

I ride about 400km a week.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Use 2 ride a mtb... Retired many yrs leow... Coz 1 farking fall take me haf yr 2 recover...:(:biggrin:

Bike_Tyson

Alfrescian
Loyal
400km a week is real serious stuff. That could easily mean 15 to 20 hours collectively on the road. I am currently doing about a quarter of that and I thought I was already serious about it.

Hey Microsoft, why not just pick yourself up and go for it again? Or are you into jogging or any kind of sports?

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
400km a week is real serious stuff. That could easily mean 15 to 20 hours collectively on the road. I am currently doing about a quarter of that and I thought I was already serious about it.

Hey Microsoft, why not just pick yourself up and go for it again? Or are you into jogging or any kind of sports?

i give up cycling but i never give up on trail... Nowadays i try to do some soft trekking every weekend on foot...:biggrin::biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Here is my typical schedule :

Monday - day off

Tuesday - 50km spin - small chainring average 27kph

Wednesday - 50km Hard ride - undulating terrain - average 29kph

Thursday - 55km flat terrain - fast and furious (big gears all the way) - average 33kph

Friday - 55km - Easy and cruisy - social ride

Saturday - 100 to 140 km - Endurance training (no stopping)

Sunday - Coffee ride.. around 60km.

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am making a come back.

I ride on the pavement ( I need to go down kerk or up ) as I am afraid of the spore motorists. Which bike should I buy?

A mtb or road bike? Someone told me I can ride a MTB but change the tire road bike so that I can enjoy the road bike and not to worried about the kerk as the suspension of the MTB will take care of it. It is true? Do I have to customise it at the bike shop. Does polygon has such service?

Thanks in advance.

global25

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cycle as a form of cross training. Still not consider a cyclist.

I am slow on a MTB. Not a hardcore, just around 4-6hours per week on the bike, mostly in gym bike or SPIN class + 1 x road cycling.

Did anyone took part in the weekend 24hrs charity bike? I was jio, but cycling just not my cup of tea at this moment.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too much riding may cause erectile dysfunction in the future.
You are meddling with your private section.