• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT Suicides

Naka_Timo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another MRT suicides yesterday morning at yishan, the guy in his 30s ba, middle built, got the courage to jump when the train approach.

Jus like tat a life is gone

jw5

Loyal
Another MRT suicides yesterday morning at yishan, the guy in his 30s ba, middle built, got the courage to jump when the train approach.

Jus like tat a life is gone
Why must he jump at the mrt station and cause inconvenience to so many people even as he dies?
Why doesn't he volunteer to serve in Iraq or do something for human good or at least die in a way that doesn't cause problems for others?

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
this year,there are quite a number of cases.
with the economics in such a bad shape,i wonder how many more we will see or read about it.

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its time to print this Number - 1800-222-0000 - Along edges of the track, entrance to MRT and broadcast over the system. This 24/7 hotline can be used by people to get any kind of help, whether it's paying bills, finding shelter or sorting out a family dispute.

ComCare.

Hugoboss

the govt letting the transport company making more money but taking their own sweet time to erect a simple barrier for the stations with no doors to the tracks damm it.! pay and pay

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
the govt letting the transport company making more money but taking their own sweet time to erect a simple barrier for the stations with no doors to the tracks damm it.! pay and pay

The London Underground has been operating for almost 150 years without the need for safety barriers.

Why sinkies can't stay away from the railways tracks without a physical barrier is beyond me. Are sinkies really sick in the head or what? :rolleyes: What a pathetic situation in a moronic nation full of lost souls.

blogger_london_underground.jpg

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny how with my kids in tow, I felt safer in the tube. The tracks don't seem as deep as the SMRT's. You feel that even if you fall in, you can climb out quickly. Our's seem like a lot more muscle power required to climb back out. Maybe just my imagination..:rolleyes:

Btw, you sure about no incident in the tube? Any stats?.. 100+ years without incident is quite amazing.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Btw, you sure about no incident in the tube? Any stats?.. 100+ years without incident is quite amazing.

There have been incidents and that includes suicides plus numerous cases where innocent passengers have been pushed onto the tracks into the path of an oncoming train!:eek:

What I'm pointing out is that the UK has never reacted to such incidences by placing physical barriers between the platform and tracks!

It's a ridiculous suggestion and a gross overkill. It's like suggesting that kitchen knives be banned because they have been used in suicide attempts.

The demand by sinkies to erect barriers at every single station shows how shallow sinkie minds are.

Suicides should be tackled by finding out why some Sinkies are so mentally weak in they are unable to endure the ups and downs that life throws up. My theory is that they are far too pampered during their formative years. :rolleyes:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
There have been incidents and that includes suicides plus numerous cases where innocent passengers have been pushed onto the tracks into the path of an oncoming train!:eek:

What I'm pointing out is that the UK has never reacted to such incidences by placing physical barriers between the platform and tracks!

It's a ridiculous suggestion and a gross overkill. It's like suggesting that kitchen knives be banned because they have been used in suicide attempts.

The demand by sinkies to erect barriers at every single station shows how shallow sinkie minds are.

Suicides should be tackled by finding out why some Sinkies are so mentally weak in they are unable to endure the ups and downs that life throws up. My theory is that they are far too pampered during their formative years. :rolleyes:

When you Sporeans lose money, they ask why gahmen never fully protect them. When gahmen try to protect Sporeans against danger also kena criticised.

Maybe the people here need to list out the things that gahmen should and should not do to intervene....

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

You've got a valid point. No amount of barriers will stop someone who's intent on suicide.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny how with my kids in tow, I felt safer in the tube. The tracks don't seem as deep as the SMRT's. You feel that even if you fall in, you can climb out quickly. Our's seem like a lot more muscle power required to climb back out. Maybe just my imagination..:rolleyes:

Of coz there won't be any incidents in the tube cos' the West are made up of fully satisfied citizens whose govt had reached out to all its citizens and meet all their needs.

The tube is also the most efficient public transport in the world which is dedicated to fully service all its patrons at the highest level of service, without any failures. I have even heard that they will refund your fare if you are not satisfied with their level of service.

Below is an extremely rare example of suicide attempts which was aborted as the suicidee realises at the last minute that such acts would only inconvenient other public transport users. It was o rare that the MI5 had kept it behind vault to avoid losing public confidence.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pfcUdYNfFiA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pfcUdYNfFiA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The London Underground has been operating for almost 150 years without the need for safety barriers..

I quite agree with you on this. The trains in Sydney have also been operating a lot linger than the Sinkee MRT but to date, I have not heard of any jumpings.