• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Powell determined to win men's 100m title in Beijing Olympics

S

sotp234

Powell determined to win men's 100m title in Beijing Olympics

www.chinaview.cn 2008-08-01 21:24:11 Print

BEIJING, Aug. 1 (Xinhua) -- Jamaica's sprinter Asafa Powell said on Friday that he is in good form and determined to win the men's 100 meters sprint title at the Beijing Games.

"I hope that I could get the gold medal of men's 100 meters, that is why I am here in Beijing for the Olympics," said Powell after he arrived at Beijing International airport.

Powell broke the 100m world record in Athens on June 14, 2005, setting a time of 9.77 seconds, beating American Tim Montgomery's record of 9.78 seconds. He then refreshed his record time on September 9, 2007 as he ran a new record of 9.74 seconds.

But his fellow Jamaican Usain Bolt ran 9.72 seconds at the Reebok Grand Prix in New York City on May 31 this year, taking the 100m world record from Powell after nearly three years.

"I am training very well now. I don't care about my opponents in the competition. I just follow my own steps, follow my own run," said 26-year-old Powell.