• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gst

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last x they increase tax reason being to help the poor... apparently 2% not enuff due to inflation so now 1 2 help lagi more... wat can i say?? LL lor... :biggrin::biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Help the poor, I don't understand?

:confused:

Tat wat the govt say the last time when they increase GST from 5 to 7%. GST increase will help the poor... Tax collected will be used to aid the poor... something like tat... So... we are wrong all this while... Robin Hood is the bad guy and Sheriff of Nottingham is the goot one... Haizz...:biggrin::biggrin:

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal
There were speculation that by 2010, the GST will go up to 9-10% depending on economic situation.

But I feel this will always be a give and take situation like what some bro mentioned aboved. The question is now take how much and give how much :(

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
There were speculation that by 2010, the GST will go up to 9-10% depending on economic situation.

But I feel this will always be a give and take situation like what some bro mentioned aboved. The question is now take how much and give how much :(

High possibility it will be 10% (they like nice round figures). I just hope the money goes to better use other than paying fat cats in the beaucracy.

director66

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess lot of pple tink tis way bah, juz a matter of time 4 GST to hit 10%

Aiya, we always grumble grumble but in the end still LL just pay. I still remember last time cinema tickets like $3 then $3.50, then $4, then $4.50, then weekends $5 (to me was like wah lau eh! So ex! They are the real pirates lor) then $5.50, then $6...all the bloody way to $10. Nice round number. Inflation. Man's best friend.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Hong Kong, when the govt wanted to raise GST, the citizens went on street demonstration. In the end, the govt withdrawed the idea. Thumbs up for Hongkees.

Shi Jin

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this true or not? 10% is very high, i thought they said they are worried about inflation?

I believe this is the final aim. But given the recent hikes and all that don't think we will be seeing any increase in GST so soon.

matrix

Alfrescian
Loyal
raising gst is to help the govt themselves so ministers get $million salaries
the poor will be further squeezed alll those gst offset credits blah blah blah not enough to counter increase in cost of living a better way is to protect workers, income
by imposing min wage laws