• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My 5 years plan to thailand

redbicycle

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading the strait times i decided to leave singapore for good. so many NEW CITIZEN. I have left for thailand since the age of 26. I just came back temporary to singapore last year. Thailand have open their door to foreigner like us already, i can start to apply for thai citizen and take out all my cpf in 5 years time........................

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
After reading the strait times i decided to leave singapore for good. so many NEW CITIZEN. I have left for thailand since the age of 26. I just came back temporary to singapore last year. Thailand have open their door to foreigner like us already, i can start to apply for thai citizen and take out all my cpf in 5 years time........................

I don't get it!:confused: You want to leave the most peaceful, prosperous and stable country in the whole of SEA to live in an undeveloped country which changes govts more often than LKY changes his underwear????:eek:

You must be nuts!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it!:confused: You want to leave the most peaceful, prosperous and stable country in the whole of SEA to live in an undeveloped country which changes govts more often than LKY changes his underwear????:eek:

You must be nuts!

you neber heard of the term...the most dangeorus place is the most safe place...

while the most safe place is the most dangerous place?

hey you only get to live once, be adventurous and expore the world mah...hehe..

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

You must be nuts!

I didn't know Thailand has started to open their doors to foreigners as they have never done that. And Sam is right. Thailand is an undeveloped country changing govt more often and now Prime Ministers more often than LKY changes his underwear.

TS should consider other Asia countries instead.

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes ! You're right bro!!
Thailand is much better than SG.

Like you, I've been living in thailand for coming to 16yrs, never 1 day not love this country. Irony, the longer I live here the more I hate to go back to SG.:biggrin:

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal

You must be nuts!

Right here, the thai govt is poor and thai ppls are rich.

Total opposite of SG.

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
you neber heard of the term...the most dangeorus place is the most safe place...

while the most safe place is the most dangerous place?

hey you only get to live once, be adventurous and expore the world mah...hehe..

Just met a Swiss guy who sold everythings in Swissland and move his son & family to thailand. He is now teaching partime as English teacher in one of the govt school for fun.

He told me he felt a free man ever since he came to thailand.Like me , he felt pressure to stay in his own country where swiss citizen there pay 75% taxes and govt squeeze everything out of you.

I was relating to him how much our SG govt love to boast about attaining swiss kind of living standard.:biggrin:

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't know Thailand has started to open their doors to foreigners as they have never done that. And Sam is right. Thailand is an undeveloped country changing govt more often and now Prime Ministers more often than LKY changes his underwear.

TS should consider other Asia countries instead.

You ???
As usual , no much comment cuz you don't fit into the thai cultures & society.:rolleyes:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just met a Swiss guy who sold everythings in Swissland and move his son & family to thailand. He is now teaching partime as English teacher in one of the govt school for fun.

He told me he felt a free man ever since he came to thailand.Like me , he felt pressure to stay in his own country where swiss citizen there pay 75% taxes and govt squeeze everything out of you.

I was relating to him how much our SG govt love to boast about attaining swiss kind of living standard.:biggrin:

I thought there are many sinkie naysayers who were saying how oppressed they are with the singapore system. So the european countries were doing that long time back. So what should we call them?

Swisskie????:o

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
You ???
As usual , no much comment cuz you don't fit into the thai cultures & society.:rolleyes:

It's a fact I am saying. If the Thai government is opening their doors readily to foreigners, you would have got your Thai citizenship long ago.

It's a fact that the Thai government keeps changing. It's a fact that they have changed many Prime Ministers? How many have they changed, would you care to enlighten us.

What I said is a fact.

What you said is only superficial on the surface.

Did you highlight to the rest of the people here that how many developments are left building halfway when the economy went down, developers gone bankrupt?

When you said thai ppl are rich and the government is poor, its because if the thai person is capable, he would not want to be in the government. Can be sued and thrown to jail. So what's the point? In the end, only monkeys will remain in the government.

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a fact I am saying. If the Thai government is opening their doors readily to foreigners, you would have got your Thai citizenship long ago.

It's a fact that the Thai government keeps changing. It's a fact that they have changed many Prime Ministers? How many have they changed, would you care to enlighten us.

What I said is a fact.

What you said is only superficial on the surface.

Did you highlight to the rest of the people here that how many developments are left building halfway when the economy went down, developers gone bankrupt?

When you said thai ppl are rich and the government is poor, its because if the thai person is capable, he would not want to be in the government. Can be sued and thrown to jail. So what's the point? In the end, only monkeys will remain in the government.

Thailand is NOT only bkk itself.
There are 76 provinces and 65 millions populations. Bkk city only has 10 millions thai citizens.

Why worry so much about the upper class thai like those rich developers & businessmen in the city. If they lose money & collapse, will the other 60 millions populations affected. Most are living in the rulral countryside, have their own farm lands and live a simple life.Even there is a sunprime in asia, their lives still goes on and nothing has change.

Not like SG, you better pray hard that the US meltdown will not affect too much on SG economy & already bubble property. :cool:

Do you know that under your so called Khun Thaskin rule, he basically try to privately all state enterprises like electric, oil and water so that his circle of rich friends can own them.

Sad to say when SG govt sold away our power plants to foriegn companies, nobody come out to protest against it. Just yesterday, they they happily announced another price hike of 21% , what can you do ??? Swallow everything in and move on. Isn't power plants are every country national security issue.:mad:

So I repeat myself again. Don't look at the bkk city as a whole of thailand. Look deepoer & ponder yourself why these ppls are protesting about ???
They do it for the sake of their next generation.

That's why I mentioned earlier on that you are 'NOT FIT' to live in thailand czu you DON'T understand their cultures and way of life. You're always looking at material term and everything you see must be meaured by $$$.

Then you better stay in SG forever & forget about imgration.:wink:

Cuz you cannot get away from of SG mentality kind of mindset.:biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thailand is NOT only bkk itself.
There are 76 provinces and 65 millions populations. Bkk city only has 10 millions thai citizens.

Why worry so much about the upper class thai like those rich developers & businessmen in the city. If they lose money & collapse, will the other 60 millions populations affected. Most are living in the rulral countryside, have their own farm lands and live a simple life.Even there is a sunprime in asia, their lives still goes on and nothing has change.
What I said is a fact, not created gossips. You ever study economics? These protests affects the counntry as a whole. Thailand has a great export potential with its natural resources. With country's instability, investors turn away with less funds coming into the country. Think again.

Not like SG, you better pray hard that the US meltdown will not affect too much on SG economy & already bubble property. :cool:
Property depends on what you buy. In Thailand, there is too many for people to buy. Demand outstrips supply anytime. And people like you keep praying that the US meltdown will affect SG economy and property? Is this the thai way of thinking that makes people start to have evil thoughts?

Do you know that under your so called Khun Thaskin rule, he basically try to privately all state enterprises like electric, oil and water so that his circle of rich friends can own them.
Thaksin is corrupt but he gets things done. Which Prime Minister is not going to be corrupt and yet get things done? So even if the new leader is not a puppet of Thaksin, the new guy will eventually think of his own pocket. The biggest question is will he serve the people. The past predecessors are busy lining their pockets without helping the people.

Sad to say when SG govt sold away our power plants to foriegn companies, nobody come out to protest against it. Just yesterday, they they happily announced another price hike of 21% , what can you do ??? Swallow everything in and move on. Isn't power plants are every country national security issue.:mad:
You are just using 1 issue to compare that Thailand is better. When Thailand increase fuel prices due to oil hikes, what did the people do? They go on protest. This cripples the nation's productivity. What does the govt do, listen to the people or absorb all the increase?

So I repeat myself again. Don't look at the bkk city as a whole of thailand. Look deepoer & ponder yourself why these ppls are protesting about ???
They do it for the sake of their next generation.
You think they protest for next generation? It's the minority who do not respect the democracy vote and want to overthrow the govt. There will never be 100%. These people protest for their own selfish gains. There are many others who are making honest living and their lifes and income greatly affected by these people who disrupt by demostrating. And many of those who demostrate are PAID to do that with daily handouts. many of them have no job, so they are paid to go protest.

That's why I mentioned earlier on that you are 'NOT FIT' to live in thailand czu you DON'T understand their cultures and way of life. You're always looking at material term and everything you see must be meaured by $$$.

Then you better stay in SG forever & forget about imgration.:wink:

Cuz you cannot get away from of SG mentality kind of mindset.:biggrin:

If you say I am 'NOT FIT' to live in thailand, you think you are 'FIT' to stay there? Because in life we don't tell people you are not fit to do this, not fit to do that. Only selfish people think this way. :wink:

Close to 16 years in Thailand, you got your Thai citizenship? If you agree that Thailand is a place that opens its doors to foreigners.

Your argument here is Thailand is good because Singapore is lousy.
My argument here is there are better alternatives to Thailand even if one feels Singapore is lousy.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After reading the strait times i decided to leave singapore for good. so many NEW CITIZEN. I have left for thailand since the age of 26. I just came back temporary to singapore last year...
You only decided after reading ST, or got brain-washed? :confused:

Last edited:

redbicycle

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you wanna develop country , you can chose japan , usa or etc , but the problem i am going to thailand not becos i wanna look for somewhere quiet , somewhere where people call heaven but overall its the place i really wanna go lH.

redbicycle

Alfrescian
Loyal
YEah , i neber see such a country , they are so proud when they are selling their own country ...... if i ever get out of singapore i dun have to complain in this web again.

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
Close to 16 years in Thailand, you got your Thai citizenship? If you agree that Thailand is a place that opens its doors to foreigners.

Your argument here is Thailand is good because Singapore is lousy.
My argument here is there are better alternatives to Thailand even if one feels Singapore is lousy.

Thailand will NEVER open the door to FT or foreigners like what SG govt did. You got to FIGHT for it, to show that you really want to stay in thailand. No PHD or paper qualifications can help you secure a long term visa here. You must either have thai spouse or show overseas income or work permit plus pay your annual income tax to get it. Not fly by night foreigners who flee at the first sight of ' trouble'.:mad:

There is NO other place better than Thailand , this I can tell you. You go out today and do a simple survey , ask any 10 foreigners on the street in SG who have travel around our region of our asia countires. If you ask them which country they prefer to stay longer or consider for their future retirement, many will choose Thailand over SG.

You ask them why Thailand ? That country is dirty ! No system ! Change govt often !! Everyday traffic jam like hell and not forgetting those street protesters. They will tell you it the 'people' , the way they 'simle'.

It like magic !! :wink:

Btw, I still think you need to keep your SG mindset behind before you come visit Thailand.

Don't interfer with the thai home affairs when our very own SG affairs we're all helpless and at the mecry of the SG govt.:o

So mind your own business when you visit thailand.
Keep your opinion to yourself.:wink:

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro max 88, they can never know the feeling of staying in thailand one.

Yes bro !!

Only those who really appreciate what thailand have to offer, will understand our feeling for this beautiful country.:wink:

It not about cleanliness !!! It not about regulation!! Nor strong thai govt !!!

It the thai people !!!
Our thai friends, thai neighbours and love ones here.

Like I mentioned before, bangkok itself is NOT Thailand.
There are 76 others provinces to choose where you want to live your life here, why die die must live in the bkk city and complaint about it.

As for myself, I prefers the quite & beautiful countryside lifestyle.:wink:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thailand will NEVER open the door to FT or foreigners like what SG govt did. You got to FIGHT for it, to show that you really want to stay in thailand. No PHD or paper qualifications can help you secure a long term visa here. You must either have thai spouse or show overseas income or work permit plus pay your annual income tax to get it. Not fly by night foreigners who flee at the first sight of ' trouble'.:mad:

You have all these i quoted in bold and yet 16 years later you still don't have thai citizenship? You fly by night for the past 10 over years ah?

When I was working for MNC 8 years ago, 2 years working I was offered thai citizenship. Why? I ask the govt official chun boh, when I have not even been there for 5 years. He said not all cases need 5 years. Special arrangement can be made to assess my application. My bank account, my income, amount of money I going to bring in and invest. And he smile at me.
I smile and say I consider. He even told me its not easy to get, and some people give them 10-15 years they still wouldn't get it.

Money mah. I agree, Thai people smile but same as everywhere. For a reason. If i dress like a beggar, no one will even bother to smile at me. No money can get citizenship. They tell you 'wait long long'.

There are many other countries out there much better than Thailand and Singapore. Just that some only travelled to Thailand and feel Thailand is the best. Well, to each their own in their own thinking.:wink: