• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YangTuckYoong on RonyTan's Budhism comment

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sg.christianpost.com/dbase.ph...church&id=2444

The latest developments in the Rony Tan controversy show that Christians are under public pressure. And while Christians should be sensitive not to ridicule others, they should not be afraid to stand up for the truth.

Commenting on the whole incident, Cornerstone Community Church senior pastor the Rev. Yang Tuck Yoong said the ‘most recent attack’ by the homosexual community and its supporters on the remarks by the Lighthouse Evangelism founder and senior pastor is “a reminder of the continual scrutiny and the pressure that the Church will face in the coming years.”

Yang, who said he watched the ‘video’ containing Rony Tan’s comments on Buddhism, added that he thought that the reaction from the public was ‘a little excessive’.

“But still nonetheless, we live in a multi-cultural and multi-religious society and the need to be careful and vigilant with our words is vital,” said the pastor of a church that is thousands strong.

He went on to compare the present case with an event that was recorded in the 19th chapter of the Book of Acts. In that chapter, which recorded a riot in the city of Ephesus, there was a public controversy surrounding the Apostle Paul and his travelling companions over their teaching.

At the end, the group was rescued by the authorities who proclaimed that the apostle and his team had done nothing wrong.

“When preaching the Gospel, we must not dilute, adulterate or compromise on the potency of the Word; because it’s Truth,” Yang said in a weekly column he maintains on his church website. “And truth spoken in love is a very powerful weapon in God’s Hand.”

The pastor added that God’s Word cannot be chained, referring to the words of the apostle while he was serving a prison sentence for preaching the Gospel.

Though the early disciples were repeatedly harassed by the public and authorities in their time for the message they preached, God always gave them the boldness to continue their ministry when they asked Him, Yang pointed out.

“Let’s be sensitive; let’s be careful; but let’s not compromise on the truth,” said the pastor.

Nathanael Ng
[email protected]

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I believe is my truth. What you believe is your truth. What he believes is his truth. What she believes is her truth. Every different religion, by definition, insults all other religions in difference of believe in what's true. Muslims don't eat pork because it's unclean. It insults Chinese and others who eat pork as eating uncleaningly. See? Indians don't eat beef because they think it's holy. It insults beef eaters of eating holy meat. See?

Where does or will this all end? Judge yourself by your own standards and believes. Don't judge others by your standards and believes. Think for yourselves and accept that there're differences.

Buddhists have the right to preach that Buddhism is the truth, their truth, believe it or not. Christians have the right to preach that Christianity is the truth, believe it or not. Believe it or not is up to you, preaching is up to the preacher. If comes a day, Heaven is banned and Karma is banned because one offends Buddhists and the other offends Christians, then we really have to worry.

Last edited:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
kena question by isd doesn't mean it is true,,,, it just means they are like pests, irritable. sometimes like suckers mosquitoes, swat them and they never fly go away unless they are dead.

if they think their religion so true and urgent, why back down. tell everybody who does not believe in their religion is deemed to hell, regardless religious harmony. if they think their religion is the only way, publish big big in papers and internet. why apologise when you try to save people from hell. imagine you save someone from drowning, you need to apologise? go tell LKY, WKS their religion is the only way, and whoever stops them is stopping God's work. why limit to singapore? malaysia has a population 4 times more or indonesia, world's largest muslim country of 200mil. imagine 200 mil christians in indonesia. and since flying to china is so easy, there is 1.3 billion people waiting for your good news. sell all your belongings and live on god's providence and spread the good word.

Otherwise, shut up and sit down. all talk and no action.

whitehorse88

Alfrescian
Loyal
as a catholic, i think we should let the matter rest.. dun stir up anymore..

IMO.. if you want to evangelise, there's no need to mention abt other religions. you just simply show yrslf as a good christian i.e love one another regardless of whatever religion of the other.. so that others can see you.. and may be attracted to yr religion .. sometimes let yr action show than yr talking..
tio boh??

Cheers!

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
When it comes to Christianity, there are no compromise. It's either the Jesus way or the highway. It's a doctrine, not a loose guideline to be a better man.

Fuck you zealots!

as a catholic, i think we should let the matter rest.. dun stir up anymore..

IMO.. if you want to evangelise, there's no need to mention abt other religions. you just simply show yrslf as a good christian i.e love one another regardless of whatever religion of the other.. so that others can see you.. and may be attracted to yr religion .. sometimes let yr action show than yr talking..
tio boh??

Cheers!

whitehorse88

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi mercbenz

i hope you are not scolding me.. if you are a religious person. you dun use the 4 letter word.. do you??

read my text.. i say we should let the matter rest.. not anything else..

cheers

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, first ask yourself if you're a zealot or not? My f-word is directed at zealots, hope you are not one, cheers.

Edit: allow me to add this, if you read the bible right, my first reply stand correct, Christianity will never tolerate other religions.

Watch AGORA all.

hi mercbenz

i hope you are not scolding me.. if you are a religious person. you dun use the 4 letter word.. do you??

read my text.. i say we should let the matter rest.. not anything else..

cheers