• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pastor Rony Tan speaks in his 1st public appearance

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
ronytan-stcc.jpg

IN HIS first public appearance since being rebuked for disparaging other religions, Pastor Rony Tan promised again to promote religious harmony and urged church members to do the same.

The leader of Lighthouse Evangelism, an independent church with 12,000 members, took to the stage and spoke to a crowded floor about 30 minutes into a weekly church service in Woodlands on Saturday evening.

He was wearing a black suit and spoke slowly. Reading from a prepared speech that lasted about five minutes, Pastor Tan said that since he was told off by the Internal Security Department last Monday, the church had been 'eliminating all possible offensive recorded material' from its website.

He then appealed to members to be more sensitive while preaching the gospel to non-Christians: 'Let there be no criticism of any religion.'

Pastor Tan got into trouble with the Government last week for comments he made during a church service about Buddhism and Taoism, which many people felt were insensitive. His comments were recorded on video and posted on several websites and online forums, on which discussion over the matter is ongoing.

He has since apologised for his remarks on his website, and in a private meeting with the leaders of the Buddhist and Taoist communities here. Making perhaps an implicit reference to how some church-goers had gone online to defend him, Pastor Tan urged them not to do so. 'A wrong is a wrong and must be rectified, not justified,' he said.

Read the full report in Tuesday's edition of The Straits Times.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why is the govt allowed to go as far as to BAN certain religions while the rest of sinkieland isn't allowed to even utter a condescending word? :rolleyes:

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am wondering, how many churches criticize other regilion during their services?

Those who feel that such remarks need to justify, please voice out.

Personnally i dun think there alot but there are some bad apples that needed to be reminded.

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am always told by my friend.I am not saved because I did not accept x-tian..Let them learn from Ah Tan lesson...

I am wondering, how many churches criticize other regilion during their services?

Those who feel that such remarks need to justify, please voice out.

Personnally i dun think there alot but there are some bad apples that needed to be reminded.

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course I trust my friend..because I have very good knowledge of Buddhism,
my x-tian friend even understand better..why I take this path..

You haven't answer me?

Why don't you trust your friend?

If he is your friend of course he want to recommend the best for you right?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Based on the things that he had done, it appears that he may be truly sorry for the remarks he made. However, we will have to wait and see his behaviour from now on as only time will tell.