• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pastor Rony Tan said sorry

Janet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have received a number of emails from people who have been saddened and hurt by the testimonies of an ex-monk and an ex-nun.

I realized that my presentation and comments were wrong and offensive. So I sincerely apologize for my insensitivity towards the Buddhists and Taoists, and solemnly promise that it will never happen again.

When we have received those emails, we immediately removed the video clips from our website. I urge those who have posted those clips on the YouTube to remove them as well.

After reading the frank views from those emails, I was also prompted to tell my members not only to continue to love souls, but also to respect other belief and not to ridicule them in any way, shape or fashion.

Let's put our goal to build a harmonious Singapore a top priority.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You see, that is the power of internet to bring someone easily to his knee. Unfortunately, the daft PAP still live in their own invory tower and dreaming, totally lost touch with the ground.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have received a number of emails from people who have been saddened and hurt by the testimonies of an ex-monk and an ex-nun.

I realized that my presentation and comments were wrong and offensive. So I sincerely apologize for my insensitivity towards the Buddhists and Taoists, and solemnly promise that it will never happen again.

When we have received those emails, we immediately removed the video clips from our website. I urge those who have posted those clips on the YouTube to remove them as well.

After reading the frank views from those emails, I was also prompted to tell my members not only to continue to love souls, but also to respect other belief and not to ridicule them in any way, shape or fashion.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0qWp1p1cpE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0qWp1p1cpE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good that he apologises. But he still must answer for his actions! That is karma!!

I hope the police take action to either charge or warn him because he indeed has committed an sedition act.

If they don't charge him, then everyone will start insulting other religions openly and then apologize, can?

Wong Kan Seng better do more work or his GRC will get lesser votes!!

:mad:

Spermlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good that he apologises. But he still must answer for his actions! That is karma!!

I hope the police take action to either charge or warn him because he indeed has committed an sedition act.

If they don't charge him, then everyone will start insulting other religions openly and then apologize, can?

Wong Kan Seng better do more work or his GRC will get lesser votes!!

Hahaha, limpey stay in woodlands...opposite his church....i know what to do during election if this idiot is not crucified for his actions.

limpey also got many ex-christians n ex-catholic turn buddhists frens who can counter-testify against him!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
No need to get angry at Rony Tan. I hope he would learn from this little experience more about KARMA. He did something, something will happen to him.

Goh Meng Seng

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No need to get angry at Rony Tan. I hope he would learn from this little experience more about KARMA. He did something, something will happen to him.

Goh Meng Seng

Yes and the effect of Karma is a few days in this instance. Not what he foolishly believed that karma effect is only felt in the next life!

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Yes it's a religious matter since the pastor spoke in his public capacity as a religious leader and we should respect all faiths and religions.

I was looking at all forums and what struck me most was that most ppl ( I presume s'poreans ) if not all are waiting for the government or ISD to handle the matter.

Are we as a society not ready/mature/wise enough to resolve this issue in a non-governmental and amicable way, say through constructive exchanges between the religious organizations involved?

What are your views on that, GMS and the rest of you guys?

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u mean like go tampines burn down his church in an amiable way ? :biggrin:

Cheng Hu is the middleman we law-abiding citizens look up to for justice mah !

Unless got respectable leaders from Inter-Religious Council intervene - but they all look to garmen also...

besides mega church leaders like this Lighthouse Rony they dun believe & never join Inter-Religious Council one !

So, i ask u yr way of minus garmen settlement, how ?

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
should punish him by asking him to do the 3-pray-9-bow ritual all the way up Kong Meng Shwah.....KNN CCB gia....

My uncle will ask him to kneel BOAR-CHWEE-KARK (1970s coca cola bottle cap).....

cb Hong Gao cb gia!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Yes it's a religious matter since the pastor spoke in his public capacity as a religious leader and we should respect all faiths and religions.

I was looking at all forums and what struck me most was that most ppl ( I presume s'poreans ) if not all are waiting for the government or ISD to handle the matter.

Are we as a society not ready/mature/wise enough to resolve this issue in a non-governmental and amicable way, say through constructive exchanges between the religious organizations involved?

What are your views on that, GMS and the rest of you guys?

I guess religion is quite a personal thing. There is no need to try to prove to people that other people's beliefs are nonsense while ours is the best or the real thing. Basically, all religions are based on faith, the leap of faith. Even a logical (in my opinion) belief system like Buddhism will need the leap of faith, in believing reincarnations do exist.

Public discourses on religion done by respectable religious leaders like Rony Tan should not cross that path. There will always be debates and bickering among followers of different faiths, so be it. But religious leaders have to maintain open minds and avoid berating remarks on other religions. They should not go into subjects of other religions which they have little understanding.

In this internet era, it is a bit delicate. Singaporeans should learn to be open minded of other people's belief system. Mutual respect should be maintained. Religious leaders play an important role in educating their followers to respect other people's belief system.

The failure of most multi-religious society is basically due to the lack of mutual respect. We must understand that no matter how one wish to claim superior logic or "Truth", there will certainly an element of leap of faith in any religions. Nobody has the moral high ground to claim superiority over other people's belief.... it is after all, just a "belief".

If we need to use ISD, it just shows that we are far from building a stable tolerant society.

Goh Meng Seng

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have to thank Wayang Party or TR for this. My immediate cause & effect, is write to the church, ask for the explanation on highlighting specific religion
& belittle Buddhism & attack the "core: of our teachings, specially hurting
me as a Budhhist. I made my feelings known.

I guess religion is quite a personal thing. There is no need to try to prove to people that other people's beliefs are nonsense while ours is the best or the real thing. Basically, all religions are based on faith, the leap of faith. Even a logical (in my opinion) belief system like Buddhism will need the leap of faith, in believing reincarnations do exist.

Public discourses on religion done by respectable religious leaders like Rony Tan should not cross that path. There will always be debates and bickering among followers of different faiths, so be it. But religious leaders have to maintain open minds and avoid berating remarks on other religions. They should not go into subjects of other religions which they have little understanding.

In this internet era, it is a bit delicate. Singaporeans should learn to be open minded of other people's belief system. Mutual respect should be maintained. Religious leaders play an important role in educating their followers to respect other people's belief system.

The failure of most multi-religious society is basically due to the lack of mutual respect. We must understand that no matter how one wish to claim superior logic or "Truth", there will certainly an element of leap of faith in any religions. Nobody has the moral high ground to claim superiority over other people's belief.... it is after all, just a "belief".

If we need to use ISD, it just shows that we are far from building a stable tolerant society.

Goh Meng Seng

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear GMS

Honestly we have to find an agreeable way to disagree, Muslims will soon have someone coming on stage decrying Jesus and the beauty of the oneness of god, Likewise Buddhist about hearing the voice of Buddha in Church. Most religions disagree with one another, Most would want to point out how their religions differ from another religion. The issues is how to do it sensitively.

I have seen or heard or been exposed to comments likes this amongst evangelicals for the longest of times. The internet has made what was inherently private views and comments more wide spread and thus offensive. Religions will never agree but they have to learn how to disagree

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What a HYPOCRITE, he shouldn't have make any insulting comment regarding other RELIGIONS in the first place.

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the Singapore context, fanning hatred & ill-will against one religion is wrong.I agree, what is said without mobile, Pone, recoding & uploading in the web-site, ALL can be escaped, without much detection say 5 years ago.

The power of alternative media as a credible voice- is getting serious attention. Let's get real & be respectful of other religion. All reglious leaders have a moral & social responsibility in Singapore interest.

Dear GMS

Honestly we have to find an agreeable way to disagree, Muslims will soon have someone coming on stage decrying Jesus and the beauty of the oneness of god, Likewise Buddhist about hearing the voice of Buddha in Church. Most religions disagree with one another, Most would want to point out how their religions differ from another religion. The issues is how to do it sensitively.

I have seen or heard or been exposed to comments likes this amongst evangelicals for the longest of times. The internet has made what was inherently private views and comments more wide spread and thus offensive. Religions will never agree but they have to learn how to disagree