• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pastor Rony Tan ridiculed Buddhism! Will Poodle Arrest Him Under Sedition?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Pastor Rony Tan ridiculed Buddhism!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Feb-6 11:20 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>28268.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>VIDEO: Lighthouse evangelism pastor Rony Tan’s comments on Buddhism

February 7, 2010 by admin
Filed under Headlines

Leave a comment
http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/02/07/lighthouse-evangelism-pastor-rony-tans-comments-on-buddhism/

Written by Our Correspondent
An angry reader emailed us video clips of a speech made by Pastor Rony Tan from Lighthouse Evangelism in Singapore which appeared to have ridiculed Buddhism:
“This info was posted in fuckwarezone forum. It is about two youtube video clips showing this Pastor Rony of a church called Lighthouse Evangelism in Singapore ridiculing the Buddhism religious. The video were posted on 01 Feb 2010. The news is
spreading in the forum. Unfortunately, the religious disharmony in Malaysia could be spreading to Singapore by foolish and irresponsible people.”

The original video has been taken down, but has been recorded earlier and uploaded on Youtube by netizen draven02000:
PART 1
<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/fYJ07V_YxX8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1 allowScriptAccess="always"></EMBED>
PART 2
<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/ryTe7HAWaL4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1 allowScriptAccess="always"></EMBED>
In the video clips, Pastor Rony Tan was seen interviewing a former Buddhist Joseph and commenting on central tenets of Buddhism such as Nibbana, meditation and reincarnation to a crowd of a few hundred people.
Pastor Rony Tan is the founder and Senior Pastor of a mega-church called Lighthouse Evangelism in Singapore. Apart from his pulpit ministry on most Sundays, he also ministers in the Miracle Service every Saturday.

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 2/7/2010 2:22 am by CPL (Res) (kojakbt22)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most MIW are christian, so he will be spared...... the christians rule sg with an invisible hand!
Remember the motley bunch who usurped AWARE?

UMNO Terrorist

Alfrescian
Loyal
MAINTENANCE OF RELIGIOUSHARMONY ACT
(CHAPTER 167A)
CONSOLIDATION

PART I
PRELIMINARY

1 Short title

2 Interpretation

PART II
ESTABLISHMENT OF PRESIDENTIAL COUNCIL FOR RELIGIOUS HARMONY

3 Establishment of Council

4 Functions of Council

5 Validity of Council’s actions

6 Members are public servants and protected from legal action

7 Secrecy

PART III
RESTRAINING ORDERS

8 Restraining orders against officials or members of religious group or institution

9 Restraining orders against other persons

10 Council to be informed of proposed restraining orders

11 Restraining orders to be referred to Council

12 Restraining orders to be confirmed by President

13 Extension of restraining order

14 Review of restraining order

15 Publication

16 Penalty for breach of restraining order

17 Sanction of Public Prosecutor

18 Decisions under Act not justiciable

19 Regulations

LEGISLATION HISTORY

COMPARATIVE TABLE

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
An "ex-monk" cannot tell the difference between rebirth and reincaration?

Either this "ex-monk" is a fake or a super blurr cock monk (that why he change faith)!!

This Pastor is so lame!!

:mad:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all, this ex-monk is a nut. There are so much more to Buddhism that if he had the intelligence to comprehend them, he would not be as ignorant as he is.

Buddhism has no God. That's Taoism, dumb ass.

To be fair, I think Pastor Ronny ridiculed monk's understanding but did not really did anything to warrant sedition... but...

I hope Pastor Ronny can answer a few questions I have.

1) Is God all powerful? Is God so powerful that he could create a stone that he cannot move?

2) Is God loving? Why did God allow Christians to suffer and some to die from sickness? Did those people not pray for God to help them and did he save all of them? Are they not as helpless as monks?

3) Why do Christians speak in tongues? Do they actually understand what they are saying? Just because the ex-monk and his fellows do not understand mantra does not mean it has no meaning. Does Pastor Ronny understand Arabic? If not, does it mean that Arabic is meaningless?

4) God is the beginning and the end. If God knows the end, why did he create so many people who choose not to believe in him and to have them burn in hell? Is he not playing with our lives? Is he not vicious? Isn't that contradictory?

5) God forgives anyone who asked. So I can go rape, kill and plunder; ask forgiveness and then go rape, kill and plunder again to be forgiven again. At least Buddhism teaches one to do good deed, not blindly forgive as long as one believes (which sounds kinda desperate for believers)

6) Why is God revengeful in the old testaments and forgiving in the new? Isn't God suppose to be unchanging? And if he is changing, can Pastor Ronny tells us what has changed since the 2000 years we last (allegedly) heard from him? Change to be hip-hop and sing crappy satanic songs like City Harvest's Pastor Ho?

Buddhism teaches one to be responsible for his/her actions. Christianity is built on the faith in someone that no one has seen or hear; nor even ever proven to exist. Christians believe in the bible but none of the major events (i.e. the flood) left archeological evidence that they have ever occurred.

Perhaps, the Christians should do what Pastor Ronny eluded to - understand and research into what you're believing before believing into. I am sure many Christians know nuts about their own religion.

For the Christians reading.. answer this. Is there one God? Does God has only one son? If you knew the answer, you will know that the bible contradicts itself. This is the simple proof that the bible is compiled by men; not written by God.

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Rebirth and reincarnation – "ex monk" cannot tell the difference! Is that a joke or just a fake or an ignorant ex-monk??

Pop music – cannot listen. TV cannot watch etcc.. Wrong, it can, but not for enjoyment. Can listen to be updated with the normal world. In order to preach the religion. Example you want to preach Buddhism to the youth, must start with a subject to link with them.

Blind leading the blind. Pastor said the Chief monk never reached nirvana… Right, any pastors gone to Haven before? Including this lame pastor? Isn't it blind leading the blind and pot calling the kettle black? Ok, lame pastor can said Jesus Christ went to haven 2000 years ago!! But then again, any proof that Jesus really existed? So what makes Christian thinks that Jesus went to haven 2000 years ago is real, but Buddha went to Nirvana 2500 years ago is fake??

Something bad is karma…pastor said is silly and “ex-monk” said is easy answer!! Right, in Christianity anything bad is satan, or god testing, anything good is god’s grace!! So easy to explain too! Hello there is good and bad karma, lame "ex-monk"!!

Cannot do anything about bad thing (karma) happening. Lame “ex-monk” said yes. He probably know shit about Karma!! It can be change if one does good deeds this life!

Doctor cannot cure Jesus Christ can cure? Ha Haa

Buddhist all left to fate. Last life determines this life and this life determine next life…. Again lame “ex-monk” knows shit about Buddhism… Karma is also cause and effect of this life!! In fact in Christianity, everything is at god’s will!!! Macam like god is playing THE SIMS and all human are characters in the game!

Lame pastor said that one “Buddhist” person told him that lady is of lower life than man!! Buddhism never said that, in fact to Buddha, all beings (not just humans) are equal. Either lame pastor made this up or he took one lame “Buddhist’s” words to be the Gospel truth. He doesn’t even bother to find out the real answer reading Buddhist text and believe in a statement of one person!! Ghoooshhh

Lame “ex-monk” gots piles and he pray to Jesus and he was healed!! Coool… tomorrow I tell MOH to sake all doctors and tell all patients to start praying the Jesus?

This lame “ex-monk” doesn’t even know the real meaning of Buddhism and he claimed the monk wanted to appointment him as resident monk? His knowlegde is so shallow and he is sprouting nonsense!!

This clips is so lame!! Well, what's new? Some lame pastors must wayang a bit to con the 10% tidings of his followers mah!!

:mad::mad:

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
SOMEBODY HELP ME

doesn't matter if it is traditional medicine, western, chinese, indian, gypsy, whatever

i just need to be free from my pain

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Religion is all about faith and this idiot Rony should understand that!

Well, some things about other people's religion may sound funny to us because we do not have their faith. So Rony should understand and respect others!

I'm a Buddhist, I thought the idea of virgin birth is a big big lame joke. But to my Christian friends, is correct!! Science cannot prove virgin birth... so must have faith to believe that!!

I don't!!

:biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does Pastor Ronny understand Arabic? If not, does it mean that Arabic is meaningless?

Hmmm...what has this topic got to do with "Arabic"? Everytime such racist discussion arises, Muslim/Islam sure kenna bash and make a scapegoat. Why cant u say..."Aramaic" or "Pali" as an example? :biggrin:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, I think Pastor Ronny ridiculed monk's understanding but did not really did anything to warrant sedition... but...

I have to disagree. He calls a key concept of Buddhism (reincarnation) preposterous. He says that satan and demons put thoughts into the Buddhist woman and the monks' heads. He ridiculed Buddhists' chanting of sutras/mantras. He says that Buddhism is a case of "blind leading the blind".

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lame Pastor apologizes!!

news
Urgent Message From Pastor Rony

I have received a number of emails from people who have been saddened and hurt by the testimonies of an ex-monk and an ex-nun. I realized that my presentation and comments were wrong and offensive. So I sincerely apologize for my insensitivity towards the Buddhists and Taoists, and solemnly promise that it will never happen again.

When we have received those emails, we immediately removed the video clips from our website. I urge those who have posted those clips on the YouTube to remove them as well.

After reading the frank views from those emails, I was also prompted to tell my members not only to continue to love souls, but also to respect other belief and not to ridicule them in any way, shape or fashion.

Let's put our goal to build a harmonious Singapore a top priority.

http://www.lighthouse.org.sg/

I wonder why ISD has not summon him for questioning?? They double standard or what?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
"The Blind leading the Blind", interesting. Pastor Rony Tan must have been to heaven then. :smile:

At least, Buddha has claimed that he had achieved Nirvana. Subsequently, many monks in the past have achieved Nirvana. It is incorrect to say that Buddhism is about "The Blind leading the Blind". It is just like saying flying in the sky is impossible when one has never boarded a plane before.

It is interesting to know that a Pastor who knows so little about Buddhism could well try to convince Buddhism is not right. Well, I guess he is very good in Bible study and the Christian faith, rightfully he is in the position to preach to others about his own faith, Christianity. But to preach about how wrong other religions are is so absurd. That would ironically put him as "The Blind leading the Blind".

Goh Meng Seng

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
many asian xtians dont usually read or know about other religions or myths esp the asian ones...in the west more and more Caucasians are becoming aware of asians myths and religion and many of them are questioning their own xtian faith..more and more are becoming atheist......

if they myth of an illegitimate carpenter son who enjoy the company of hookers and druggies are true ..then the myth about monkey king from the journey to the west is true as well....wonder how did monk tang travel thru forest,jungles, deserts and etc..without any protection from monkey king and gang...hmm..

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting points to note:

1. Pastor condemned his parents in public;
1A. His church ought to be investigated for their source of funds n mgmt thereof - Another NKF OR Ren Ci??
2, At that young age is he expected to understand spirituality? Did he ask his parents for explanation - either his parents are dumb or he is;
3. Joseph Wee was only a novice -NOT a monk... perhaps a monkey;
4. Joseph Wee must be locked up for his role in running down Buddhism n Taoism.

Do it NOW Wong Selamat Cunt Singh!:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lame Pastor apologizes!!

news
Urgent Message From Pastor Rony

I have received a number of emails from people who have been saddened and hurt by the testimonies of an ex-monk and an ex-nun. I realized that my presentation and comments were wrong and offensive. So I sincerely apologize for my insensitivity towards the Buddhists and Taoists, and solemnly promise that it will never happen again.

When we have received those emails, we immediately removed the video clips from our website. I urge those who have posted those clips on the YouTube to remove them as well.

The way he articulated in the defamatory show is clear he can never be sincere in his apology! Should not repeat in his sermons his remorse - do it for one month & perhaps then he can be forgiven.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::mad::mad::mad:

///////

,m,m
After reading the frank views from those emails, I was also prompted to tell my members not only to continue to love souls, but also to respect other belief and not to ridicule them in any way, shape or fashion.

Let's put our goal to build a harmonious Singapore a top priority.

http://www.lighthouse.org.sg/

I wonder why ISD has not summon him for questioning?? They double standard or what?

m

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm