• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

City Care clarifies: We are NOT affiliate of City Harvest Church ?!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read about City Care and check out their website at citycare.org.sg

Very impressive. Aim to create 'A City that Cares'.

How to argue with that.

Ideals, volunteerism, social work etc

Work with good schools, involved in recent IonSingapore Lego Charity Project 'One Singapore', etc etc

Now with the Haiti Earthquake disaster, that's where the confusing part came in.

At first, City Harvest proudly proclaimed they are the first from Singapore to send a team to Haiti. Singer Sun Ho also twitted she on the way to support her church members in Haiti driving in from Dominian Republic.

The usual hoo-hah after that. NCC also announced their donations etc etc

Today, ST story features a 2nd team going to Haiti as well.

Surprising, they stressed: City Care is NOT affiliate of City Harvest.

Then I visited City Harvest Website. Oh now, it is about 'our volunteers in City Care....'. So it's what it is one step removed.

Reminds me of COOS lingo & the new AWARE's doublespeak: We don't know each other, we are not related, but Feminist Mentor is in reality the common theme.

Now it is : City Care is NOT affiliate of City Harvest.
Of course, technically that's a bit different from City care is unrelated to Citibank.

With a name that sounds derived from City Harvest & a founder who is actually an employed Pastor with City Harvest Church (but Founder occupation not mentioned in City Care website), still not wrong to say:-
City Care is NOT affiliate of City Harvest.

My point is : There is nothing wrong in doing good but why so shy to deny that it is associated with a church.

Not a subscriber of Digital ST, can someone pastetoday's ST article on City Care here ? Thks.

8::::::D

Alfrescian
Loyal
ai ya if u dun know keep quiet la, pastor kong is working free for city harvest church la. Not associated is because city harvest church is not providing financial support to city care, but that doesn't mean members from city harvest cannot join city care as volunteers. look at yourself first, while peoples risk gun shot to go haiti & help out, what are you doing here in Singapore? talk cock sing song are criticize others?

Last edited:

keyboard_hero

Alfrescian
Loyal
ai ya if u dun know keep quiet la, pastor kong is working free for city harvest church la. Not associated is because city harvest church is not providing financial support to city care, but that doesn't mean members from city harvest cannot join city care as volunteers. look at yourself first, while peoples risk gun shot to go haiti & help out, what are you doing here in Singapore? talk cock sing song are criticize others?

Are you from City Harvest Church? I know for a fact that Kong Hee declared publicly that he no longer draws a salary "as pastor of the church" he co founded with his scantily dressed singer wife Pastor Sun Ho.

Are you able to help answer the question whether he derives any income from City Harvest Church's business enterprises? He has no say or control over them? Who makes the decisions as to how the Church's income from donations and profits from investments are spent?

Oh! by the way, do you know a few hours ago, Pastor Sun Ho tweeted the fact that her "fancy free" single had reached 19th place on the Billboard dance charts just minutes after talking about the plight of the Haitians? What and why is that? Publicity or publicly speaking her mind?

May as well let you know. I'm one of those banned from commenting on her youtube videos.:p

Alfrescian
Loyal
first and foremost, I am not a member of CHC, but my understanding of many good for nothing peoples, who are not doing the works of God like to critisize people who are working for the God.

True pastor Kong do not draw salary from city harvest any more. how money are spend I think are decided by the management, and not pastor Kong alone. Pastor kong himself do not need to be pastor, graduated with a computer science degree in the 80ties, he could have been a CEO by now.

Furthermore, his father had an empire of business for him to take over in indonesia, which he rejected. bec of this, he didn't receive any financial help from rich father in jarkata who is angry with him.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
first and foremost, I am not a member of CHC, but my understanding of many good for nothing peoples, who are not doing the works of God like to critisize people who are working for the God.

True pastor Kong do not draw salary from city harvest any more. how money are spend I think are decided by the management, and not pastor Kong alone. Pastor kong himself do not need to be pastor, graduated with a computer science degree in the 80ties, he could have been a CEO by now.

Furthermore, his father had an empire of business for him to take over in indonesia, which he rejected. bec of this, he didn't receive any financial help from rich father in jarkata who is angry with him.

You know ur God punish liars? LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Jobs also $1 a year salary LOL, knn talk cock you :biggrin: :biggrin:

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

So you are a Christian lah.
Anyway, I think you are being too sensitive on this issue, if I am not wrong, elephanto merely want to know why so shy to deny that it is associated with a church.

And the answer is.......................
If you are affiliated with a Company it means that you have an interest in the company e.g. own shares in it. If CHC don't have an interest in CC then CHC CANNOT claim that CC is its affiliate.

It is misleading to say that CC is an affiliate of CHC. Just because the volunteers are Christians and go to CHC doesn't mean that CHC could "claim credit" that they are the first organization to send a team to Haiti.

Not trying to shoot Christians or CHC, if if this is a Muslim Mos, I would still say the same.

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are a Christian lah.
Anyway, I think you are being too sensitive on this issue, if I am not wrong, elephanto merely want to know why so shy to deny that it is associated with a church.

And the answer is.......................
If you are affiliated with a Company it means that you have an interest in the company e.g. own shares in it. If CHC don't have an interest in CC then CHC CANNOT claim that CC is its affiliate.

It is misleading to say that CC is an affiliate of CHC. Just because the volunteers are Christians and go to CHC doesn't mean that CHC could "claim credit" that they are the first organization to send a team to Haiti.

Not trying to shoot Christians or CHC, if if this is a Muslim Mos, I would still say the same.
again my stand, dun talks about others when u are not doing what they are sacrificing themselves on time, danger & lost salary. Who every goes, doesn't matter, so long as they are they to help save life.

Singapore govt only gave an insulting $50,000. Why dun you write to your MP and question their hearts?

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
again my stand, dun talks about others when u are not doing what they are sacrificing themselves on time, danger & lost salary. Who every goes, doesn't matter, so long as they are they to help save life.

Singapore govt only gave an insulting $50,000. Why dun you write to your MP and question their hearts?

You are not a Saint okay. Are you part of the team? No right? Why don't you be part of the team? Until you are part of the team then you will be more qualified to question us why we didn't volunteer.

I believe every one here is thankful and grateful for what the volunteers did. They sacrificing their time, safety and lost salary.

THE TOPIC HERE IS NOT TO QUESTION THEIR VOLUNTEER WORK BUT IS ASK WHY CHC SAYS CC IS THEIR AFFILIATE.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is that a big crime? is that nepotism? CHC is using members donation, not public fund, and dun need to answer to you. CHC only needs to answer to members & God, if you really wants to know, join their services and ask them. dun create trouble in this forum

Confirmed CHC member, LOL, oblivious bunch of fools, hahahaha :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
is that a big crime? is that nepotism? CHC is using members donation, not public fund, and dun need to answer to you. CHC only needs to answer to members & God, if you really wants to know, join their services and ask them. dun create trouble in this forum

You are so stupid, we have freedom of speech here.
We are asking opinions from the brothers here not answers from CHC.

It is not a big crime BUT NOW I BECOME MORE CURIOUS TO KNOW WHY THEY MUST "CLAIM CREDIT" BY SAYING THAT CC IS AN AFFILIATE OF CHC.

If CHC do a good deed, no need to announce to the whole world. God knows can liao right??? They can announce during their service for members to know.

FYI I have joined their service and THEY SUCKS!!!

They pray to GOD to ask for wealth and health. WHICH IS WHY I STOPPED GOING TO CHC!!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
again I am not their member, bec I am a sinner, backslider, one who know about God and continue to Sin, but I dun talk about other religious, if I do want to talk, u can see how I make Bu ....., Mu...... a bigger fool. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: so please respect other, and dun make me make a fool of other religious

Yah right... u are not their member, but yet you know Kong Hee's background so well, you his stalker har? why dun you comment on his horse face wife also, she's a saint? or a slut wannabe? LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: please comment about her so we can laugh at you, hehehe :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you, keyboard_hero, Alamaking & Iamtalkinglah, not for coming to my defence, but for sticking to the relevant discussion points & making sense.

This unpronounceable twit 8::::::biggrin: (henceforth known as Twit for easy typing) - dunno whether to reason with him, fuck him or plain ignore him.

Point-to-point, dun go off tangent, ok Twit ?

1st, as Iamtalking has pointed out, u missed my pt & questioned whether I have the moral right to 'criticise' these volunteers.

Going by yr logic,
(A) who r u to comment too - since u did not go Haiti yrself
(B) who r u to denigrade Spore's USD50K contribution - unless u hv contributed AND contributed USD50,001 or more.

Nowhere in my opening post did I 'criticise' them as u have accused.

Instead, u started to talk about kong Hee foregoing pay, then later tell us his Indo father angry with him - I am not the least interested in your Kong-worshipping revelations.

Twit, u r dead wrong, paid or not (or abundantly renumerated in other ways), he is in substance CEO of City Harvest - who r u kidding !

So, BACKSLIDER SINNER 8:::::::biggrin: (yr own words), it is YOU are trying "to create trouble in this forum" (yr own words again), not others.

You want to speak ill of other religions, that's yr own biz, but cowardly claim or threaten "don't make me make fun of other religions blah blah'.
What crap!

If you want to counter our arguments, pls do so sensibly. Dun be defensive, insecure & be more dignified, dun worry, we won't hold yr 'sins' & 'backsliding' against you.

MY POINT AS REITERATED BY IAMTALKINGNOW, AND I AM EMPHASIZING NOW :

Why this kind of doubletalk - as in Josie Lau's denial of an unofficial pact to capture AWARE, City Harvest's initial proclamation of their foray into Haiti and now, best exemplified by 8:::biggrin:'s tedious clarification of member/not member of CHC, Christian/not Christian.

Yes, why so reticent / why so schizophrenic (admit/deny)....

It's always a virtue to be clear, be forthright, be transparent.

Now re-reading ST article, I am prepared to give City Care the benefit of the doubt - their proclamation of non-religious, non-profit nature.

This in spite of Pastor Tan of City Harvest being their founder & CityCare sounding like affiliate of City Harvest (oh, in ST they claim inspiration from US organization City Year).

8:::biggrin: claims CHC not giving financial support to CityCare - how would he know? I am not so sure.

Of course, even if CHC do fund CC in some projects or more, it's no crime.

Just don't be shy about it.

In ST report & from their website, City Care appears very successful in its outreach & fulfiling its aims working with many brandname schools, MCYS,HPB, even work-life programmes with foreign banks etc. Wah, even Elim Chew & MP Penny Low mentioned.

All very commendable.

Just don't let us hear that CityCare won't work with non-Christian organizations becos it would not 'glorify God's name' or examples like that.

If so, then I apologise for my unwarranted fears of another surreptitious perversion of civic / charitable space for proselytization aims., this time more skillful, equally untransparent & good-intentioned as the AWARE failed mission.

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life is unpredictable

Please don't engage in petty quarrels

Ask yourself how you are contributing to wellness and happiness of mankind

And if not contributing, at least don't sabo, don't use poison tongue to criticise others

And always remember, have a good crap - i.e. pangsai must pang until shiok shiok

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think 8::::::biggrin: is right, it is a one sided story,
Y dun u guys write in to CHC if you are really concern about their activities.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another unpronounceable nick 'Mr +++++' !

We are here to discuss. Cannot engage on points, stop calling others names & siam here siam here.

Time to ignore 8:::::biggrin:, reasoning beyond him,,,,

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun hide behind forums & criticize other la, if you think U have a good point, Y dun you write in to them to voice your concern,
1) [email protected]
2) http://www.facebook.com/konghee

Dun be like a chicken hiding in this forum to garner support, show some action. Dun be like a pasar aunties, only good at talking behind peoples and back stabbing only.

LOL, why dun you to go to:

http://www.facebook.com/GOD

and repent ur sins of supporting conman Konghee, the one who abuse God's faith and cheating his people money? LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: