• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can private bookies be trusted not to run road

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello

I recently tested some of my skills in picking and eating horses and believe I can make good money

However I am wondering if bookies run road if I always win or if dont pay me and if I insist they will beat me?

I am thinking of regular $10 to $20k a month

Thanks

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
private bookies the AH odds for matches are better than Pools,most of the times.
although sometimes,you can find that Pools's odds is slightly better.
private bookies,you bet first and then paid later if lose.
Pools,you need to pay first,but it is the safe,they will not "run road".
private bookies,you need to find or have a trusted one(s) if you are betting a big amount. for small amount likes 100 - 1k,it is still alright.

so you really have to decide for yourself. i used to bet thru private bookies but now i tone down a lot,so only bet thru Pools.

there are a lot of private bookies that also that online sites and live bettings.
you probably can find a few that offer their services at SBF's soccer thread.
one of them is quite reliable,i bet thru their online sites before.

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
can one la must have trust in them ma or else where they got rice to eat?? If everyone support pools i think siao liao lo anyway pools payout sometimes not that good leh
Hello

I recently tested some of my skills in picking and eating horses and believe I can make good money

However I am wondering if bookies run road if I always win or if dont pay me and if I insist they will beat me?

I am thinking of regular $10 to $20k a month

Thanks

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello
there are a lot of private bookies that also that online sites and live bettings.
you probably can find a few that offer their services at SBF's soccer thread.
one of them is quite reliable,i bet thru their online sites before.

Bro i think besotted is talking about horse racing leh.

My advise is to bet thru the legal source if your bets are
10K or more each time. Diffrence of price for tickets between govt and private is quite big when calculated for a huge amount, but no choice if you want safety.

Or you can go over to M'sia where they have discounted legal bets for blocks of 50 tickets minimum.

Cheers. :smile:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
If sure win, then bet Pools.
Why?
If bet private sure win 10k-20K, and bet pools maybe win 8K-16K, then bet bigger with Pools lor.

Bet with pools, at night can sleep well. no need scared who run road, no need scared police knock on door. Because pools is the biggest tua pai kia in gambling in Singapore right now:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ages-old coffeeshop uncle adages:
For red horses, bet with bookies, enjoy the ticket discount.
Super red 6:5 limit down, don't bother, not worth the while.
Dark horses above 55:15, bet with the turf club to avoid bookies' limit.

Overriding adage: If placing anything over $10K, bet with the turf club.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro tenggiri,

thanks for pointing out.
anyway,horse or soccer,still the same.
if bet big amt,still safer to bet thru Pools as Turf Club and Pools are now ONE.
like bro silverfox@,you are safe,not need to worry about anything.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh, can make money also scared people run

My weekly bets on football runs up to more than 20K. I dont deal with small timer bookies. I go straight to the organisation itself whom they collect bets on behalf & take whatever amount they can afford & the rest funnel to elsewhere, eg HK or Msia.
C'mon, if anyone who bets up to 10K per week, can easily go straight to the organisation to arrange some guarantees. They also need some assurances the punters pays up & vice versa. For my case, they pay me very promptly. Used to be once every month, now its every fortnightly. They know Im good for it.

Cheers

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
if no one win a biggy,then they are probably quite safe.
if there is someone or people that strike big big in a single match,then they will surely run the road,go and hide for awhile.
so even though Pools's odds is not very attractive,it is still the safest to bet with it.

jw5

Loyal
if no one win a biggy,then they are probably quite safe.
if there is someone or people that strike big big in a single match,then they will surely run the road,go and hide for awhile.
so even though Pools's odds is not very attractive,it is still the safest to bet with it.
That's the most risky thing about betting with illegal bookies, more so than even the bets you place.
Let's say one day you place a $1000 bet at odds of 30 to 1, who's to say that the bookie won't run road if you win?

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the most risky thing about betting with illegal bookies, more so than even the bets you place.
Let's say one day you place a $1000 bet at odds of 30 to 1, who's to say that the bookie won't run road if you win?

I would take the $1K bet if the odds is at 30 to 1.

Like i said, if those who are betting in huge amounts on a regular basis, avoid the bookies. Go straight to the "Kingpin". Deals can be structured.

Cheers