• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

For the Christians in the Forum. The life of Buddha.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found that there is a lack of understanding in this forum with regards to Buddhism, especially from the Christians, TeeKee I'm looking at you. :P

I hope this video would help to bring some understanding towards Buddhism.

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-6493885183630667611&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Ash007 for the video (though i did not watch it)

I have always the greatest respect for The Buddha.

It is not The Buddha that i have concerns about; it is about his followers.

The Rev Ming Yi is only the tip of the iceberg. Monks are travelling around in big cars. There are more but rather not say.

It will be good though to tell non-Buddhists that not all monks are like that and show examples. Otherwise people may misspell 'Money' for 'Monk'.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always find that people have a deep misunderstanding between the words Religious and Religion. A person can be deeply religious but don't have a religion. A person can also have a religion but not be religious at all. Christian, Jews, Muslims, Buddhist etc, all this religion have a "structure" of high priest, father, popes, mullahs, monks. Non of their prophets, god, messiah, actually stated they need to have them. All of them claims they are the "authority" on the religion. Its organised religion like these that is causing most of the world's problem. Watch the video, and you would know the Buddha never claimed he was "God" or a prophet. He is just a simple man that have thought about the problems of humanity long and hard enough. Be extra careful when someone claims they speaks for a particular religion. There are alway bad apples in every religion. I personally finds the Protestant Christians to be the worst, for those that don't know this, Protestants are any Christians that are not of the Catholic faith. The Catholics in general are actually very reserved and won't actively convert people per se like their Protestant parts.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
every religion will have the good and bad followers,,,, every single one of them,,,,

if there are bad people to try and talk around their religion to justify their misdeeds, don't blame the religion,,,,

Monks, priests, inams etc etc,,,,

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always find that people have a deep misunderstanding between the words Religious and Religion. A person can be deeply religious but don't have a religion. A person can also have a religion but not be religious at all. Christian, Jews, Muslims, Buddhist etc, all this religion have a "structure" of high priest, father, popes, mullahs, monks. Non of their prophets, god, messiah, actually stated they need to have them. All of them claims they are the "authority" on the religion. Its organised religion like these that is causing most of the world's problem. Watch the video, and you would know the Buddha never claimed he was "God" or a prophet. He is just a simple man that have thought about the problems of humanity long and hard enough. Be extra careful when someone claims they speaks for a particular religion. There are alway bad apples in every religion. I personally finds the Protestant Christians to be the worst, for those that don't know this, Protestants are any Christians that are not of the Catholic faith. The Catholics in general are actually very reserved and won't actively convert people per se like their Protestant parts.

But what has all these got to do with your said intention to educate the Christians on the Buddha?

Distinctions of the religious common people, the religious authority and the state of religiousness of a person is already present in every religion.

So Buddhism has nothing to do with God. Fine.

It has to do with what then?

Other than diatribing over Protestants, Catholics etc, why not talk about how good your religion is?

Instead you spoke from your prejudices and this spoils your entire thread into subjectivity.

I will give your thread a miss.

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like i had said, my office and many gov organisations these days have many Christian bosses and I believe they only promote those Christians .. So to become their pets u better become a Christians

I found that there is a lack of understanding in this forum with regards to Buddhism, especially from the Christians, TeeKee I'm looking at you. :P

I hope this video would help to bring some understanding towards Buddhism.

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-6493885183630667611&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>