• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Arsenal FC 2008/2009 Sign In Here !!!

conjurer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's get started for all things Arsenal...

Be it the latest Gossip...Transfers...Players...Team Info...Rants...Praises... Pictures...post it here.

Keep Sharing ! Cheers

ArsenalFCCrestOfficialFootballSouvenirsArsenalShop.jpg

conjurer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nasri Completes Gunners Move

art.jpg

Arsenal have completed the signing of French international midfielder Samir Nasri from Marseille for a reported fee of nearly $24 million.

Samir Nasri feels he has all the qualities to fit right in with Arsenal's culture of "amazing football".

The Gunners finally completed what has been a protracted pursuit of the attack-minded midfielder from Marseille on what they describe as a 'long-term contract' for an undisclosed fee.

The move could now pave the way for unsettled Belarus winger Alexander Hleb to join Barcelona.

Nasri, 21-year-old, certainly has great potential having featured for France at Euro 2008 and helped Marseille claim third place in Ligue 1 last season to qualify for the Champions League.

And the player is determined to make a big impression at Emirates Stadium.

"I like offensive, technical and quick football - exactly in the style of Arsenal," he declared.

"I hope I will integrate myself quickly in this team and bring everything I can to Arsenal and the fans.

"I can play in the centre or on the wing, behind one or two strikers, on the left or the right."

Nasri told Arsenal TV Online: "Last season I found the Arsenal way of playing football amazing.

"Unfortunately, the team just missed out on winning a trophy, but, in my opinion, Arsenal produced the best football in Europe.

"I was a big fan of the team and of its football philosophy, which makes it so great for me to be joining the club."

Nasri had announced last month, somewhat prematurely, that the deal - understood to be in the region of £12million - had been completed.

However, with all the relevant documents now processed, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger can look forward to shaping his team when they head out to Austria later this month in the build up to the new season, which kicks off with a Champions League qualifier on August 12/13.

Nasri revealed Wenger's history of developing young talent played a major part in his decision to join the Gunners. He said: "Arsene has a great reputation and has proved that he puts a lot of confidence in the young players and he gives them a chance.

"It was very important for me to have such a great manager to work with."

Nasri will join a large French contingent at Emirates, which already included captain William Gallas, Gael Clichy, Abou Diaby and Bacary Sagna.

Former Arsenal captains Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira also gave the youngster some sound advice.

"They both had amazing times at this club and even talking to them now, they are still very enthusiastic about Arsenal," Nasri said.

"They both told me that it was the best choice for me to come to Arsenal."

Wenger, meanwhile, is in no doubt Nasri will make a fine addition to his squad.

"He is young, quick and technically an outstanding player," said Wenger, who also signed Wales teenager Aaron Ramsey earlier in the summer.

"Samir has shown great potential with his performances for Marseille and the French national team over the past two seasons and he will add great quality to our squad."

As well as resolving Hleb's situation, Wenger will also want the future of leading scorer Emmanuel Adebayor, a £30million target for AC Milan and Barcelona, to be confirmed before the Gunners' start their pre-season schedule in earnest.

There could yet be more departures, though, as Panathinaikos hope to tie up a deal for veteran central midfielder Gilberto Silva.

Wenger is never without a back-up plan, however, and so could move for Portugal Under-21 international Amaury Bischoff, who has been released by German side Werder Bremen.

Should the Arsenal manager need more attacking options, young Mexican striker Carlos Vela has been added to the first-team group for next season after receiving a work permit following his loan spell in Spain.

Wenger is a long-time admirer of Newcastle front man Obafemi Martins and Blackburn's Paraguay striker Roque Santa Cruz, both rated around £13million, while Colombia international Radamel Falcao would welcome a move to Emirates.

The River Plate striker said: "I know there is interest from Arsenal and that excites me.

"If there is an agreement between the clubs I am ready to go. It would mean a huge leap forward in my career."

Samir Nasri Factfile:

1987: Born June 26, Marseille.

2004: Makes debut for Marseille after joining the club aged nine.

May - Wins UEFA Under-17 Championship with France.

2007: March - Makes senior France debut in friendly match against Austria.

May - Named Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year.

June - Scores first goal for France when he nets in 1-0 Euro 2008 qualifying victory against Georgia.

September - Is hospitalised with meningitis-like virus.

2008: May 22 - Nasri's agent reveals Arsenal are one of a number of clubs to have made an offer for the player.

May 28 - Named in France squad for Euro 2008.

June 3 - Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger confirms interest in Nasri.

June 23 - Nasri announces on his official website that he has signed a four-year contract with Arsenal. However, he later retracts this, while Arsenal insist the deal is not complete.

July 4 - Nasri's agent reveals the player should sign for Arsenal within 10 days.

July 11 - Arsenal confirm the deal for an undisclosed fee.

Source - FootBall365.com

SamirNasri_1002663.jpg

mexcel

Re: Nasri Completes Gunners Move

art.jpg

Arsenal have completed the signing of French international midfielder Samir Nasri from Marseille for a reported fee of nearly $24 million.

Samir Nasri feels he has all the qualities to fit right in with Arsenal's culture of "amazing football".

The Gunners finally completed what has been a protracted pursuit of the attack-minded midfielder from Marseille on what they describe as a 'long-term contract' for an undisclosed fee.

The move could now pave the way for unsettled Belarus winger Alexander Hleb to join Barcelona.

Nasri, 21-year-old, certainly has great potential having featured for France at Euro 2008 and helped Marseille claim third place in Ligue 1 last season to qualify for the Champions League.

And the player is determined to make a big impression at Emirates Stadium.

"I like offensive, technical and quick football - exactly in the style of Arsenal," he declared.

"I hope I will integrate myself quickly in this team and bring everything I can to Arsenal and the fans.

"I can play in the centre or on the wing, behind one or two strikers, on the left or the right."

Nasri told Arsenal TV Online: "Last season I found the Arsenal way of playing football amazing.

"Unfortunately, the team just missed out on winning a trophy, but, in my opinion, Arsenal produced the best football in Europe.

"I was a big fan of the team and of its football philosophy, which makes it so great for me to be joining the club."

Nasri had announced last month, somewhat prematurely, that the deal - understood to be in the region of £12million - had been completed.

However, with all the relevant documents now processed, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger can look forward to shaping his team when they head out to Austria later this month in the build up to the new season, which kicks off with a Champions League qualifier on August 12/13.

Nasri revealed Wenger's history of developing young talent played a major part in his decision to join the Gunners. He said: "Arsene has a great reputation and has proved that he puts a lot of confidence in the young players and he gives them a chance.

"It was very important for me to have such a great manager to work with."

Nasri will join a large French contingent at Emirates, which already included captain William Gallas, Gael Clichy, Abou Diaby and Bacary Sagna.

Former Arsenal captains Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira also gave the youngster some sound advice.

"They both had amazing times at this club and even talking to them now, they are still very enthusiastic about Arsenal," Nasri said.

"They both told me that it was the best choice for me to come to Arsenal."

Wenger, meanwhile, is in no doubt Nasri will make a fine addition to his squad.

"He is young, quick and technically an outstanding player," said Wenger, who also signed Wales teenager Aaron Ramsey earlier in the summer.

"Samir has shown great potential with his performances for Marseille and the French national team over the past two seasons and he will add great quality to our squad."

As well as resolving Hleb's situation, Wenger will also want the future of leading scorer Emmanuel Adebayor, a £30million target for AC Milan and Barcelona, to be confirmed before the Gunners' start their pre-season schedule in earnest.

There could yet be more departures, though, as Panathinaikos hope to tie up a deal for veteran central midfielder Gilberto Silva.

Wenger is never without a back-up plan, however, and so could move for Portugal Under-21 international Amaury Bischoff, who has been released by German side Werder Bremen.

Should the Arsenal manager need more attacking options, young Mexican striker Carlos Vela has been added to the first-team group for next season after receiving a work permit following his loan spell in Spain.

Wenger is a long-time admirer of Newcastle front man Obafemi Martins and Blackburn's Paraguay striker Roque Santa Cruz, both rated around £13million, while Colombia international Radamel Falcao would welcome a move to Emirates.

The River Plate striker said: "I know there is interest from Arsenal and that excites me.

"If there is an agreement between the clubs I am ready to go. It would mean a huge leap forward in my career."

Samir Nasri Factfile:

1987: Born June 26, Marseille.

2004: Makes debut for Marseille after joining the club aged nine.

May - Wins UEFA Under-17 Championship with France.

2007: March - Makes senior France debut in friendly match against Austria.

May - Named Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year.

June - Scores first goal for France when he nets in 1-0 Euro 2008 qualifying victory against Georgia.

September - Is hospitalised with meningitis-like virus.

2008: May 22 - Nasri's agent reveals Arsenal are one of a number of clubs to have made an offer for the player.

May 28 - Named in France squad for Euro 2008.

June 3 - Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger confirms interest in Nasri.

June 23 - Nasri announces on his official website that he has signed a four-year contract with Arsenal. However, he later retracts this, while Arsenal insist the deal is not complete.

July 4 - Nasri's agent reveals the player should sign for Arsenal within 10 days.

July 11 - Arsenal confirm the deal for an undisclosed fee.

Source - FootBall365.com

SamirNasri_1002663.jpg

good to see him joinning, hope he can do well,

C

cassano10

very sadly they got a young talented squad. but they keep selling their star players every season to fund their stadium. sad case

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
can we have a quick rule about replying and NOT reposting the entire previous message?

Anyway, Arsenal fan in! I think we will do well this season if Wenger manages to catch his preys.

In Wenger we trust! more later

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
All Arsenal Fans:

The new arsenal away Jesery will be available in August or september 2008 in singapore. Heard can order it on-line

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All Arsenal Fans:

Arsenal may go for Barry, definitely i believe arsenal defence and midfield will be strengthen with Barry around!

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
There a article in soccernet saying arsenal will b a selling club 4 next 2 decades.....it say arsenal won't win anything this season but still a football club 2 b reckon with finishing in the top 4 & playing in the champion league next season.....but fans may run out of patient if they don't win anything.....keep selling their player......after 2 decades of this kind of policy mayb half of the fans may desert the club????

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe Arsenal is only interested in playing beautiful game like Holland , total football... they are doing things like playing stocks,, buy and sell players, buy low, sell high price.. Arsene Wenger is a great intelligent guy!

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
guess he shld work in the corporate world.....soccer club which run this way may lost most of their fans soon......1 day when wenger retired which reputable manager would want 2 come 2 arsenal if they run the club in this fashion.....ambitious manager who wants 2 win the EPL chanpionship wouldn't come here coz they can only sell their best players & nurture young players 2 sell them later.....

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
with Ronaldinho going to AC Milan, Adebayor is now fucked and he is praying for Barcelona to save him. With 20 million in from selling Ronaldinho, we might be able to conclude the sale of Adebayor to Barcelona at ard 25 million pounds, allowing us money to buy up Santa Cruz and Asharvin or maybe Barry.

watever

conjurer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest Transfer News

Alexander Hleb sold to Barcelona
Gilberto Silva sold to Panathinakos

Transfer Gossip

Arsenal keen on Liverpool's Xabi Alonso

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all tat spare cash.....mayb arsenal will finally buy a world class player 2 lift the spirit of the gunners fans?

wahaha, Wenger just said that he is not splashing the money. But I think he is throwing a smoke bomb again. He is forever throwing smoke bomb in case the other teams come and "snatch" his players. I think he is still dulan about Michael Essien going to Chow$i. That was a big loss, nabeh.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest Transfer News

Arsenal keen on Liverpool's Xabi Alonso

Please buy anyone except the losers from Liverpool. Dun give Rafa money to spend and see how Pool die this season. Soon they will have to sell Torres to Chow$i to raise funds to pay the other players