• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ERP Gantries: More and More and with longer duration!!!??

V

Voltz

Was in CBD today (Saturday) at about 2PM went past Esplande to Suntec to collect my laptop and got deducted $2... then go past Clarke Quay to my gf.. and another $2... twice on a Saturday somemore... With the prolonged duration and price hike of the ERP charges, is there a need for so many gantires??? Now when i get home in the evening at about 9pm.. i will have to kana 2 gantries... one at whampoa and another at braddell... With the increasing fuel hikes.. the government is reli hurting our pockets with the ERP.. basket!!! :mad: Next time will the government built a gantry just out side the multi storey carparks.. starightaway u leave the car park, u kana dedeucted?? haiz..

Last edited by a moderator:

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who noes, erp like system might appear in mulit-story car parks in the neighborhood in distant future, resulting in fewer car park warrens (loss of jobs), cannot taogai, blahblahblah...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Was in CBD today (Saturday) at about 2PM went past Esplande to Suntec to collect my laptop and got deducted $2... then go past Clarke Quay to my gf.. and another $2... twice on a Saturday somemore... With the prolonged duration and price hike of the ERP charges, is there a need for so many gantires??? Now when i get home in the evening at about 9pm.. i will have to kana 2 gantries... one at whampoa and another at braddell... With the increasing fuel hikes.. the government is reli hurting our pockets with the ERP.. basket!!! :mad: Next time will the government built a gantry just out side the multi storey carparks.. starightaway u leave the car park, u kana dedeucted?? haiz..

That's Sinkapore for you. Do you feel shortchange? Then take a look at the numerous immigration website of other countries and make some plans.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
One fine day, ERP gantries will operate on a 24/7 basis.
there's already speculations to do away with the erection of gantries, revise the rd tax prices, n do everything via GPS. meaning to say, those who clocks more mileage will inevitably be charged more. very soon, vehicle owners will be parking their cars for show, n lesser for practical reasons.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Extract frm Wikipedia... HEY!! How come so familar har?? :confused::biggrin::p

Anybody c Neo around? :(:biggrin::biggrin:

The exact year is unknown, but is believed to be nearer to 2199 than 1999, and humanity is fighting a war against intelligent machines created in the early 21st century. The sky is covered in thick black clouds created by the humans in an attempt to cut off the machines' supply of solar power. The machines responded by using human beings as their energy source, growing countless people in pods (BORN,BORN,BORN dun worry we gib baby bonus) and harvesting their bioelectrical energy and body heat(TaxTaxTax ERP,GST,ETC). The world which Neo has inhabited since birth is the Matrix, an illusory simulated reality construct of the world of 1999, developed by the machines to keep the human population docile. Morpheus and his crew are a group of free humans who "unplug" others from the Matrix and recruit them to their resistance against the machines. Within the Matrix they are able to use their understanding of its nature to bend the laws of physics within the simulation, giving them superhuman abilities. Morpheus believes that Neo is "the One", a man prophesied to end the war through his limitless control over the Matrix.

leeyokeyuen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally the case where the ERP is meant as a CBD traffic control framework has long been thrown out the window. I have to admit a certain number of gantries do successfully reduce traffic. But there are a number of gantries are meant for purely money collection. Erecting gantries on ECP for instance or Toa Payoh, Braddell, CTE on your way way back from the city... Honestly ... ERP till 10pm ?? That's collection of funds not traffic control. It's a bo pian route... you have to go through these roads to get home. How do you control traffic when it's the only route home? There is no alternative. I can understand if the gantries face towards the city... but when it's facing my home. that is a different story.

I am going home.... why do i have to pay to go home?

A gantry is about 40k to errect, the bigger ones and the price of steel up probably cost more now. It will take 1 day to collect back the cost of 1 gantry. How much is each gantry collecting? I want to know where this money is going to. What is LTA percentage to the "national fund". If a priest, a monk and a man (NKF) can all be seduced by money, then shouldn't we have more transparancy. Where is my ERP dollars going to ? LTA? GIC? PAP? Singpower? I am just curious.

Shouldn't we be just a bit curious?

leeyokeyuen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple your ERP dollars go to year end bonuses for civil servants :biggrin:

No.. not all of it. ERO collects alot more than we think. A big percentage goes to the up keep of our roads, the power for the lights and traffic lights, the tunneling of new roads and misc stuff like F1, World bank and so on.

Civil servants bonuses could also come from IRAS, stamp duties, GSTs ... and of course ERP... Just curious to know the break down...

SomandrisIsDead

Alfrescian
Loyal
You USED TO pay once when you go to town (the RZ, or restricted zone), then it got extended to some highways/expressways, then it got extended to a few in town, then it got extended to non-CBD/town areas....

You USED TO pay on weekdays, peak hours, then it got extended to some non-peak hours, then it got extended to Sat peak, hours, then it got extended to Sat non-peak hours....

65 gantries now (71 by 3rd Nov 08), on a little red dot... SIGH, #shake head#

I don;t even belive that the traffic condition has been eased..

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
No.. not all of it. ERO collects alot more than we think. A big percentage goes to the up keep of our roads, the power for the lights and traffic lights, the tunneling of new roads and misc stuff like F1, World bank and so on.

Civil servants bonuses could also come from IRAS, stamp duties, GSTs ... and of course ERP... Just curious to know the break down...
dear fren, ERP was additional... n isnt justified even till this day la. road taxes were already going into the upkeep of roads & traffic leh... ppl had to buy zone coupons to enter restricted zones. part public transportation profits also go into the upkeep of roads n other facilities like carparks n stuff la.

land development, rd paving, tunelling n stuff r responsibilities of the govt, cos the $ going into the development is paid for using tax payers $ la. since when was the costs exclusively bourne by motorists only?

nt to mention, the additional COE for every vehicle on the rd, also goes into other amenities n stuff.

the stats given r only based on certain short stretches, while on the contrary for avg travel time from home to office hasnt been shortened but lengthened. bottomline, ERP still hasnt been justified till this day, ever since the 1st gantry erected. do your simple math, n u'd know that the daily rakings from ERP easily amounts to millions per day. while the traffic congestion hasnt been eased.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

We voted ERP Lim into parliment, now he screw the peasant up, next erection remember to screw him back, de-vote him lah!! PAP is really pay and pay...

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear fren, ERP was additional... n isnt justified even till this day la. .............. the stats given r only based on certain short stretches, while on the contrary for avg travel time from home to office hasnt been shortened but lengthened. bottomline, ERP still hasnt been justified till this day, ever since the 1st gantry erected. do your simple math, n u'd know that the daily rakings from ERP easily amounts to millions per day. while the traffic congestion hasnt been eased.
Ya bro, I can't agree more. The return of investment is too good to be true. And it seems like they're having fun planting more & more gantries. Very soon, there will be an ERP gantry along every minor road, because there's always congestion & bottle-necking when major roads link to minor roads.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Who is Neo? you meant that 'paul lampan' Jack? keke:biggrin:

Then u think they gib him all those bottle cap for free 1 izit? Got term n condition 1 hor...:biggrin::biggrin:

"In 2004, he became the first local film-maker to be honored with a National Day Award, the Public Service Medal. On October 21, 2005, Jack Neo was presented Singapore's Cultural Medallion, together with other talents like Dick Lee." - Wikipedia

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
dragon boy say 'u think what? bao jia? should be bao-seee ah'. so now, they use ERP to tan-jia lor. buy car alredy COE 'seee hor eee' 1 time liao, bt then some ppl still can tahan. so now use ERP to make sure guarantee will 'seee hor eee'