• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WTF. My significant other walking piece of lard is in mortal danger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR Nathan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must increase the gurkhas.

Breaking News
Home > Breaking News > World > Story

Nov 20, 2009
Gang killed for fat

obese-reuters.jpg

Medical experts expressed doubt about an international black market for human fat, though it does have cosmetic applications. -- PHOTO: REUTERS

LIMA (Peru) - A GANG in the remote Peruvian jungle has been killing people for their fat, police charged on Thursday, draining it from their corpses and offering it on the black market for use in cosmetics. Medical experts expressed skepticism that a major market for fat might exist.

Three suspects have confessed to killing five people for their fat, said Col. Jorge Mejia, chief of Peru's anti-kidnapping police.

He said the suspects, two of whom were arrested carrying bottles of liquid fat, told police it was worth US$60,000 (S$83,382) a gallon.

Col. Mejia said the suspects told police the fat was sold to intermediaries in Lima, the Peruvian capital. While police suspect the fat was sold to cosmetic companies in Europe, he could not confirm any sales.

Medical experts expressed doubt about an international black market for human fat, though it does have cosmetic applications. Yale University dermatology professor Dr. Lisa Donofrio speculated that a small market may exist for 'human fat extracts' to keep skin supple, though scientifically such treatments are 'pure baloney.'

At a news conference, police showed reporters two bottles of fat recovered from the suspects and a photo of the rotting head of a 27-year-old male victim. Suspect Elmer Segundo Castillejos, 29, led police to the head, recovered in a coca-growing valley last month, Col. Mejia said, adding that Castillejos confessed that the gang would cut off its victims' heads, arms and legs, remove the organs, then suspend the torsos from hooks above candles that warmed the flesh as the fat dripped into tubs below. -- AP

SR Nathan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I not be?

My master, Ali, the Baba, pays world class salaries for other than lap-dogs?

You're kidding.

I've been one helleva bootlicker all my sorry-assed life!

Status
Not open for further replies.