• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

--- VALUES in life ---

babysitter

Alfrescian
Loyal
just join SBF forum not long ago. as i know, most of the guys in the forum dun know each other (for safety reasons maybe) . So why not talk about your personal opinion towards the VALUES in life. Below will be a rough guildline for people who would like to voice out.

. What values do you hold?
. Why do you stand for it?
. How do you practice your value(s)?
. Why should we think, feel or do the same?
. Is there a legal component? Which one?
. Can you give examples?
. Is there any opposition against your value? Why? How?
. What are the pros and cons?
. Can it causes changes?

hope to hear from fellow brudders...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
. What values do you hold?
. Can you give examples?
. Can it causes changes?

The only thing I value is money.
Money talks. It is all that matters.

I also like hello kitty dolls, Mercs and showing off my gold rolex watches.

Without my status symbols, I feel absolutely worthless.

Yours truly,

Sinkiepoorean.

matrix

Alfrescian
Loyal
most pple living in this materialistic world would hanker after money
status n things that give them pleasure.Only those tat realise $ will give u temporary enjoyment will go 4 spiritual fulfillment.things like kinship,love
peace with urself.unfortunately we r too eager to go 4 instant gratification tat $ is often the yardstick to measure a person's worth.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... . What values do you hold?
. Can you give examples?
. Can it causes changes?

walao eh! ... tok so chim 1, ah? :p

can tok abt sumting which men like 2 tok abt n women oso like 2 tok? ... 1 topic is woman ... men like 2 tok abt dem, women oso like 2 tok abt dem ... :biggrin:

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
status n things that give them pleasure.Only those tat realise $ will give u temporary enjoyment will go 4 spiritual fulfillment.things like kinship,love
peace with urself.unfortunately we r too eager to go 4 instant gratification tat $ is often the yardstick to measure a person's worth.

Agreed with you. Why invest in things that you can't take it with you when you die? Those who have $ and status are not always happy.

babysitter

Alfrescian
Loyal
walao eh! ... tok so chim 1, ah? :p

can tok abt sumting which men like 2 tok abt n women oso like 2 tok? ... 1 topic is woman ... men like 2 tok abt dem, women oso like 2 tok abt dem ... :biggrin:

women is a great topic but when the topis get hot, would be more suitable in the other "sexual related"section.

money on the other hand, is something fun to talk about ANYDAY, ANYTIME BUT not really considered related to the topic.

babysitter

Alfrescian
Loyal

totally agree... BUT why money is often used to measure a person's worth?
cos unlike many other things in life, its something u can get ur accountants to tabulate. and although money only provide temporary enjoyment, but without money, it could well lead to permanent sufferings. especially when $ is concern, there's no such things as kinship, friendship and even love. like wht MR Leong had mention, the only thing he value is money. Money talks!!!

So wht other values can match it? ANYONE???

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, i guess it depends on which stage of life you are in...

When you first started working, Money will definitely be a good measurement for value. This also applies later in life, when you need money for a car, a house..etc..etc..

But you ask those people who already have all these, their measurement of value will be very very different. A good friend of mine, he was retired more than 10 years ago. Recently an opportunity came up for him to have another go and working. ANd he jumped right back in. For him, i know it is definitely not money, but rather the sense of achievement he will get, if he can bring something from the infancy to the adulthood.

In many parts of the world, where the Grey Army is active... chat with these people... they are usually in their 70s, some will have enough money to live out their life... some don't. But most (if not all) has given up on the chase for wealth... they just go around helping people tend their garden...etc...etc... what is their measurment of life / value? well... to have the nicest garden in the neighbourhood....

So, value of life... i guess to be it is different depending on your age, and circumstance... for me... money is not the main issue, but i still want to climb the corporate ladder, because i know, i can be something bigger. Or rather i want to be something bigger! That is my motivation

babysitter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, i guess it depends on which stage of life you are in...

When you first started working, Money will definitely be a good measurement for value. This also applies later in life, when you need money for a car, a house..etc..etc..

But you ask those people who already have all these, their measurement of value will be very very different. A good friend of mine, he was retired more than 10 years ago. Recently an opportunity came up for him to have another go and working. ANd he jumped right back in. For him, i know it is definitely not money, but rather the sense of achievement he will get, if he can bring something from the infancy to the adulthood.

agree with that . so does tht mean money is still quite the stepping stone to all the other things..especially in s'pore...

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree with that . so does tht mean money is still quite the stepping stone to all the other things..especially in s'pore...

Well... there is no doubt that money is an important thing in life and in many things.... but really it is more relative terms than anything else...

Give Bill Gates a million bucks, he will probably not be interested.. but if there is a change for him to spend a billion bucks to trash apple out of the industry... i suspect he will gladly pay it...

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm an objectivist, which means that in my career goals and life goals, i look after my own goals above all else. It doesn't mean I'm unscrupulous - I don't practise the 'virtue of selfishness' outside work.

It's a good mindset to have in your work because as long as the company does not belong to you, you are dispensible. I know a couple of people who've worked for the same company for decades and were forced to leave when something bad developed.

No one gives a shit about your potential or self-esteem....you must decide these things for yourself!

Throughout your life you'll encounter many people who think they know what's best for you - make judgements on your behalf. But they don't because they are not you. I've defied almost everyone to live life on my terms and i'm happy for it. (although i'm still far from what i really want to achieve).