• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Men always lose out in a divorce?

wbtym

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does the law protect women that much? In the event of a divorce, men have to share the tangible assets and pay the women maintenance? Is there any way out of it besides declaring you are jobless?

teraterm55

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats because of some Womens Protection Act .. or something to that name that was enforced under the Womens Chapter.

Its generally to ensure that the women can still have her quality of life after divorce. which to me is CRAP. because even if she cheats on you and have another guy. as long as they are not married .. she can still claim maintenance.

american

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does the law protect women that much? In the event of a divorce, men have to share the tangible assets and pay the women maintenance? Is there any way out of it besides declaring you are jobless?

The hole once used is usually not so in demand or usable in new households.

The stick no matter what can still be used to poke around.

So the law protects the hole more than the stick so that the hole don't lose its value that much.

american

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats because of some Womens Protection Act .. or something to that name that was enforced under the Womens Chapter.

Its generally to ensure that the women can still have her quality of life after divorce. which to me is CRAP. because even if she cheats on you and have another guy. as long as they are not married .. she can still claim maintenance.

You are right. The law may be outdated. The women today are not the women of yesterday.

In the old days, women stayed home and thus needed the protection. These days women all work.

In any divorce case, men will lose out because of outdated laws.

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally feel that the best way out is not to divorce, as if i go through the same situation , i will try to save my marriage with my wife. For the sake of children, they will feel terrible without a father or mother. I had gone through this stage without a mum, i marry i wont want my children to end up like me. I will try to reconcile with my wife , and try to bring back our first love together.

i1u12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally feel that the best way out is not to divorce, as if i go through the same situation , i will try to save my marriage with my wife. For the sake of children, they will feel terrible without a father or mother. I had gone through this stage without a mum, i marry i wont want my children to end up like me. I will try to reconcile with my wife , and try to bring back our first love together.

Yeah good thinking. Even if love is gone think about the children. Divorce is not for men in SG.

wbtym

Alfrescian
Loyal

ok i have the same situation as you. I myself is single parented by my father. I have a 3 year old daughter. I have tried to save my marriage but she doesn't want to. There is also a 3rd party. Her colleague. She has admitted and also said she is using this divorce as a quick way to get out of debt. She signed alot of credit card debts and interests keep accumulating. Our property value has risen by 30% since we bought it 5 years ago. We both want custody care and control of our daughter. So i guess it's pretty tough with the women's charter in place and she will get her share of everything and daughter will go to her because of her young age. That really blows... lawyer has told me to prepare for the worst. :(:(:(

counsel

Alfrescian
Loyal

Women are deemed the weaker sex and thus accorded the additional protection.

leeyokeyuen

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singaporean approach (or my approach) to this marriage problem is to start at the end and then go backwards... When you meet a women of your dreams, don't tell her yet... first see the lawyer, know what you will lose, you need to know what you are getting yourself into, know what you stand to lose financially, esp if you like to screw around. Then meet with your bankers... start a trust fund in an off-shore BIV account and put your house in that account (nothing in your name). Keep your working account small for your salaries. All bank statements must go to a PO Box. Once you are invisible and relatively safe (nothing is 100%) then see the doctor... can have baby or not?... Then see the priest... know what you are getting yourself into again on the moral front... Only then... start the romance.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
imho, the law has to be revise.

women nw getting stronger, independant, educational lvl is high, they stand almost equal chance against the men.
they tend to see more and tink more.
sumtimes u nvr know are they abusing the system or not.

maybe it can judge on individual case. cant always side the women.

married couple, husband has affair, kana caught = jia lat.
wife has affair, kana caught = :confused:

l

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best is to know what kind of mess we will get into financially before get married and be prepared like what leeyokeyuen posted. worth the effort if we don't want our hard earned $$$ to be split to the other no longer related half.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the event of a divorce....Is there any way out of it besides declaring you are jobless?

Being jobless is not a way out as the court can still order you to pay by liquidating your assets.

Those already married-read Women's Charter and get prepared.

Those not married can try following:
a) marry a foreigner outside S'pore and stay out of S'pore(not domicile here).
b) if above not possible,try
-signing prenuptial agreement
-make her pay/contribute at least 50% for EVERYTHING,including joint
accounts, so when Court order 50/50 split you are no worse off.
:(

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
A married Sinkee woman pussy is the world most expensive pussy..some of them are even worth more then gold especially after a divorce...

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
b4 tying the knot, both the man n woman need to ask themselves if they're really right for each other. cos judging from the escalating anulment n divorce rates ongoing, there r reasons abundant that make singlehood alot more appealing than marriage. the couple on cloud 9 could be thinking to tie the knot, bt forgetting to check the multitudes of blindspots that might come into the picture to ruin it.

in other countries, there's pre-nupt agreements drafted like a contract, while in sg, there's the charter that protects the woman in the event of a divorce. the wierdest thing i find is; why do 2 ppl madly in love n raedy to take the oath that binds them for a lifetime, even think about divorce?

as in most lawsuits n pre-nupt, splitting everything down the line 50-50 seems the common denominator. so, i suppose when ppl enter marriage, the woman too should be prepared to foot 50% of everything thereon after.

these days, we're also talking about gender equality, in some cases the lady could be achieving more than the man. so, wat's stopping couples from considering a pre-nupt that covers the man instead?