• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Law favours the rich, & not the poor

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Law favour the Lee first... then pap... then the rich... then whatever left over for the commoner... :biggrin::biggrin:

director66

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life favours the rich, not just the law. All the red tapes probably can be overcome by some greasing of the palm. There are many things that money can't buy, for everything else that can be bought, you need money.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are rich, you can engage powerful lawyers.

If you are poor, you can only suck your fingers & pray that the judge is in a good mood.

C

cookiesncreme

not true as the recent kidney transplant case has shown that even the rich will face the laws if they break it...

all men are equal lah, maybe the rich have a better chance in front of the judge cause he can afford to employ a good lawyer.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would disagree with your statement in the past.

but seeing the decisions made in cases over these two years, from a layman perspective, i would say that there is a reasonable basis for that statement

and this is sad (from the poor's perspective, not the rich).

thus the tagline in the Alfresco Cafe: life stinks, get over it .... i believe that we should just get over the stink (not the life) of unfair laws, in your own unique and legal way.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
not true as the recent kidney transplant case has shown that even the rich will face the laws if they break it...

all men are equal lah, maybe the rich have a better chance in front of the judge cause he can afford to employ a good lawyer.

Your second paragraph contradicts your first paragraph. :confused:

Last edited:

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello, even in this case, the rich has a better chance of getting a transplant. The poor will die raising the money to buy the kidney and pay for the operation.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal

if all men are indeed equal before the law, then all the rich should be equal before the law

a google search as of today 12:10 pm, shows that juliana soh, the other rich, was not charged at all

marlborotan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tend to agreed with what bro Wang Ye had say. Law dont favour the rich, it how the rich one make use of their resourses they had to turn the situation in their favourable condition.

Example if gana road accident, the rich could alway pay and get someone to be blame but the poor cant. Unless our law enforcer is really so gila, else there will alway be the case where it seem that 'Law favour the rich' due to law loophole loh.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
The law has no favourites just that the rich are able to employ more resources with regards to legal matters compared to the poor. :( That is why lawyers are so rich :biggrin:

Are you saying that the rich has a advantage over the poor?

:confused:

t123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember th cae of Max Oh and his drug rings FT buddies. Well that guy got away with a sentence of 1 year. I think today if its any tom dick or harry on street, it will be gallows.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tend to agreed with what bro Wang Ye had say. Law dont favour the rich, it how the rich one make use of their resourses they had to turn the situation in their favourable condition.

Example if gana road accident, the rich could alway pay and get someone to be blame but the poor cant. Unless our law enforcer is really so gila, else there will alway be the case where it seem that 'Law favour the rich' due to law loophole loh.

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Bro marlborotan is the reality. Lets face it, it doesnt matter whos and where the person comes from. Its human nature that people will always try to make use of whatever they have ($$, people, etc) to make things better for themselves.

This is life, we cant change it. However, i always believe Justice will prevail. :smile:

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you saying that the rich has a advantage over the poor?

Yes! The rich have easier access to legal advise while the poor do not. The rich can afford a long drawn legal lawsuit while the poor cannot. The rich have the means to find a legal loophole while the poor do not.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Bro marlborotan is the reality. Lets face it, it doesnt matter whos and where the person comes from. Its human nature that people will always try to make use of whatever they have ($$, people, etc) to make things better for themselves.

This is life, we cant change it. However, i always believe Justice will prevail. :smile:

Well said. We are lucky in a way that we have come a long way from the old days when the rich can get away with murder. They still do (refer to OJ Simpson) but it is alot harder now. :biggrin: