• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tribute to the Paralympians

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the original Olympics has become commercialized, darwinian and dominated by a few hotshots, I watch the Paralympics to remind myself of the original spirit of the games, the indomitable spirit of the human heart. These children of a lesser god are so inspiring.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/09/2008_summer_paralympic_games.html

para11.jpg

para12.jpg

para13.jpg

para14.jpg

para15.jpg

para16.jpg

para17.jpg

disqualified for using a non-racing wheelchair...

para20.jpg

para24.jpg

para28.jpg

para31.jpg

Look at his elation over a bronze medal, do u see such expressions on our silver medalists?

para36.jpg

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pin Xiu's stunning achievement ensured the strains of Majulah Singapura were heard for the first time at the Paralympics or Olympic Games.
she done what those FT cannot achieved.

she is wonderful and fantastic. well done !

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
honestly i do not understand 100% what are paralympians all about.

they are too many medals

too many cat, make so many medals so that they have good chance to win something, so that they can feel better for themselves? 100m in olympic is 100m, but there are many 100m in paralympic. i dun understand the sport.

give them lottery money so that give pressure off gov social welfare?

if they are too good, they will be knock to a lower cat or even kick out of paralympic. it is not higher faster further. it is lower slower nearer.

it is like woman soccer or woman basketball. No one watch those, so what is chance that people will watch paralympian in proper professional job.
not a chance. so what paralympic want to achieve?

nothing against them, but unlike olympic where they celebrate the top of sporting achievement. what does paralympic celebrate?

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
... nothing against them, but unlike olympic where they celebrate the top of sporting achievement. what does paralympic celebrate?

They celebrate their spirit of never give up... !!!! Paralympic is for those physically disabled to have a chance to tell the world... that they can do what others can do... even BETTER !!! ... It is the SPIRIT.....

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah how do you explain that if they are too good, they get demoted to a lower cat or worse even strip the medal and kick out of paralympic.

what others can do... even BETTER !!!