• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how true is Halloween?

mathewho

Alfrescian
Loyal
in us and other countries they celebration is by decoration of pumpkins outisde the garden and house and they call the kids to collect candy from every house. in singapore we also celebrate by dressing up costumes and so on. BUT for christian we don't celebrate this festival but we will have fun on this festival by having fun going out with friend.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
in us and other countries they celebration is by decoration of pumpkins outisde the garden and house and they call the kids to collect candy from every house. in singapore we also celebrate by dressing up costumes and so on. BUT for christian we don't celebrate this festival but we will have fun on this festival by having fun going out with friend.

Any articles that has a word Christian or God will be redirected here. Bunch of people with shallow thought on their own.

The pagans hijacked this all saints day with Halloween the worship of the devil.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any articles that has a word Christian or God will be redirected here. Bunch of people with shallow thought on their own.

The pagans hijacked this all saints day with Halloween the worship of the devil.

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Yestersday I have posted on my Today's Scripture Reading thread on this topic. For Christians, we have to be very careful about some of these festivals. Most of these festivals are not scriptural and we should avoid them. For many born-again Christians like myself, I don't see any need to participate in festivals, whether Halloween, Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, etc. Believing God is all about your heart; it's about relationship with God; it's very personl. No festivitiy can bring out this relational-spiritual experience except your very own personal heart experience and sacrificial submission to Him; it's purely between you and God. Festival celebration and participation change our focus from knowing Him to just knowing ABOUT Him, or even worse, concentrating how to make ourselves look good (or bad?) so that others can focus on us and in the process we completely sidelined Him to just an icon for the celebration. Halloween costumes are good examples. The participants want to put up the most scary and most morbid costumes so that others can focus on them. Sorry...but I want to say this is satanic. Please stay away from all these my dear brothers and sisters in Christ. We must make all our efforts to know Him and not to just know about Him. In fact, many non-believers or faith of other religions know about Jesus. But they don't know Him. Like me illustrate what is the difference between "know God" and "knowing about God." We all know about President Obama. He is the first black president of U.S.; he speaks very well...and so on...but do you know Him. If you see Obama on the street can you say to Him, Hi Obama come over to my house for dinner? or will he say to you, Hi friend, come to my White House I will serve you the best beefsteak? As a matter of fact, his security team will not even allow you to get closer than 100 feet! Why - because you do not know him and he does not know him. If you are not convince, just try to get near to the gate of our Istana where President Nathan stays. The security officer will chase you out because you do not know him and he does not know you (although we all know quite a bit about President Nathan). I hope this illustrate the difference of "knowing about Jesus" and "know Jesus". To achieve eternal life, we need to know Jesus. This is our very first step but it is absolutely essential for us.

God Bless you all.

Last edited:

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yestersday I have posted on my Today's Scripture Reading thread on this topic. For Christians, we have to be very careful about some of these festivals. Most of these festivals are not scriptural and we should avoid them. For many born-again Christians like myself, I don't see any need to participate in festivals, whether Halloween, Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, etc. Believing God is all about your heart; it's about relationship with God; it's very personl. No festivitiy can bring out this relational-spiritual experience except your very own personal heart experience and sacrificial submission to Him; it's purely between you and God. Festival celebration and participation change our focus from knowing Him to just knowing ABOUT Him, or even worse, concentrating how to make ourselves look good (or bad?) so that others can focus on us and in the process we completely sidelined Him to just an icon for the celebration. Halloween costumes are good examples. The participants want to put up the most scary and most morbid costumes so that others can focus on them. Sorry...but I want to say this is satanic. Please stay away from all these my dear brothers and sisters in Christ. We must make all our efforts to know Him and not to just know about Him. In fact, many non-believers or faith of other religions know about Jesus. But they don't know Him. Like me illustrate what is the difference between "know God" and "knowing about God." We all know about President Obama. He is the first black president of U.S.; he speaks very well...and so on...but do you know Him. If you see Obama on the street can you say to Him, Hi Obama come over to my house for dinner? or will he say to you, Hi friend, come to my White House I will serve you the best beefsteak? As a matter of fact, his security team will not even allow you to get closer than 100 feet! Why - because you do not know him and he does not know him. If you are not convince, just try to get near to the gate of our Istana where President Nathan stays. The security officer will chase you out because you do not know him and he does not know you (although we all know quite a bit about President Nathan). I hope this illustrate the difference of "knowing about Jesus" and "know Jesus". To achieve eternal life, we need to know Jesus. This is our very first step but it is absolutely essential for us.

God Bless you all.

SHINGZ No need to participate in christmas, good friday..... etc.... hmmmm.. seems like christians got many diff cult and belief...... worshipping the same GOD but say and do diff thing... IRONIC.......

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
SHINGZ No need to participate in christmas, good friday..... etc.... hmmmm.. seems like christians got many diff cult and belief...... worshipping the same GOD but say and do diff thing... IRONIC.......

I am not 'condemning' people who celebrate festivals. I am saying that I personally don't see the need to celebrate such festivals. That's be honest - who are the ones who finally benefits from such celebrations? The retailers, department stores - I think you can agree with me on this. Go around and ask people who are truly converted and ask them how they have become Christians. I can tell you very very few truly converted Christians will tell you that they came to know Jesus because they went to a Christmas party, or Easter or Good Friday celebrations. By the way, to 'qualify' as Christian cult, we refer to people who do not believe the word of God or only believe it partially. I am a strong believer of Bible which is the ONLY WORD OF GOD (that is the BIBLE).

Last edited:

mathewho

Alfrescian
Loyal

God Bless you all.

yes just believe him into our hearts and you're right.:smile:

mathewho

Alfrescian
Loyal
SHINGZ No need to participate in christmas, good friday..... etc.... hmmmm.. seems like christians got many diff cult and belief...... worshipping the same GOD but say and do diff thing... IRONIC.......[NO WE WORSHIP IN DIFFERENT GOD!YOU ARE WRONG WE BELIEVE GOD AND THE HOLY SPIRIT! NO OTHER GOD IS STRONGER THAN HIM! HE IS THE HOLY AND TRUTH GD!AMEN!:o

mathewho

Alfrescian
Loyal
SHINGZ No need to participate in christmas, good friday..... etc.... hmmmm.. seems like christians got many diff cult and belief...... worshipping the same GOD but say and do diff thing... IRONIC
.......[NO WE WORSHIP IN DIFFERENT GOD!YOU ARE WRONG WE BELIEVE GOD AND THE HOLY SPIRIT! NO OTHER GOD IS STRONGER THAN HIM! HE IS THE HOLY AND TRUTH GD!AMEN!:o

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SHINGZ No need to participate in christmas, good friday..... etc.... hmmmm.. seems like christians got many diff cult and belief...... worshipping the same GOD but say and do diff thing... IRONIC
.......[NO WE WORSHIP IN DIFFERENT GOD!YOU ARE WRONG WE BELIEVE GOD AND THE HOLY SPIRIT! NO OTHER GOD IS STRONGER THAN HIM! HE IS THE HOLY AND TRUTH GD!AMEN!:o

OK AMEN..........

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK AMEN..........

haha, i know, it's frustrating to argue with 0 IQ people. their source of knowledge wasnt based in logic in the 1st place. christians just made up something in their minds and that's it, u cant argue with them.

anything they dont understand is callled satanic lah cos they think that they know everything. u see, they are used to making up stories so why not about how intelligent they r ...

if they see anyone having fun, they gets real jealous if they cant relate to themselves. Sex is most fun and that's why the priests are so against it unless u go to them for approval. After all, if u are in PARTY G but u saw PARTY S is so much more fun, where do u want to go?

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha, i know, it's frustrating to argue with 0 IQ people. their source of knowledge wasnt based in logic in the 1st place. christians just made up something in their minds and that's it, u cant argue with them.

anything they dont understand is callled satanic lah cos they think that they know everything. u see, they are used to making up stories so why not about how intelligent they r ...

if they see anyone having fun, they gets real jealous if they cant relate to themselves. Sex is most fun and that's why the priests are so against it unless u go to them for approval. After all, if u are in PARTY G but u saw PARTY S is so much more fun, where do u want to go?

Party.........its more logic.........

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
gospel about the god who will kill the 1st born sgyptians, yes even the babies, when they refuse to let jews go,,,, a god that instructs his chosen people to destroy and kill all the man of the enemies and keep the woman for themselves, a god in the modern context would be charged for masterminding and abetting abraham to kill his own son,,,

or better still, a god who let his son being crucified because he is so egotistical to forgive human because he thinks so,,,,, in the meantime sabotage judas iscariot to give up his master,,,

what kind of sadistical god is that who you are pushing people to believe?

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
gospel about the god who will kill the 1st born sgyptians, yes even the babies, when they refuse to let jews go,,,, a god that instructs his chosen people to destroy and kill all the man of the enemies and keep the woman for themselves, a god in the modern context would be charged for masterminding and abetting abraham to kill his own son,,,

or better still, a god who let his son being crucified because he is so egotistical to forgive human because he thinks so,,,,, in the meantime sabotage judas iscariot to give up his master,,,

what kind of sadistical god is that who you are pushing people to believe?
--------------------

haha, well said. i bet they will never give u a logical answer... cos... they cant. they prolly will tell u sthing like... "god" work in mysterious ways n sinful humans like us will nvr understand. that brings up another question: why the hell does an idiot like adam's disobedience cause all of us to suffer for eternity? is that fair? christian theory is just a load of craps n i do have a logical interpretation for that story though but it's not my purpose in this message

mathewho

Alfrescian
Loyal
--------------------

haha, well said. i bet they will never give u a logical answer... cos... they cant. they prolly will tell u sthing like... "god" work in mysterious ways n sinful humans like us will nvr understand. that brings up another question: why the hell does an idiot like adam's disobedience cause all of us to suffer for eternity? is that fair? christian theory is just a load of craps n i do have a logical interpretation for that story though but it's not my purpose in this message
oh your thinking is wrong we are actually helping people to believe in him but for the adam and eve do read the bible and the bible will answer you back do read the first old testament of gensis.

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh your thinking is wrong we are actually helping people to believe in him but for the adam and eve do read the bible and the bible will answer you back do read the first old testament of gensis.
-----------------------------------------

pls give a logical answer for "commoner" if u hv one

most of us believe in a God or higher power. surely there is no need to believe in jesus only right? there is also moses, rama, krishna, guatama etc etc

mathewho

Alfrescian
Loyal
-----------------------------------------

pls give a logical answer for "commoner" if u hv one

most of us believe in a God or higher power. surely there is no need to believe in jesus only right? there is also moses, rama, krishna, guatama etc etc
yes noe only jesus by what you said those characters are his follower and they obey what he said for christian he is our savior,teachers,father and our god.

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes noe only jesus by what you said those characters are his follower and they obey what he said for christian he is our savior,teachers,father and our god.

lol, those "followers" were borned way before christ. n i know u can't back up what u say. as usual, christians never rebuke all the old questions that's been asked many times. why? cos till now they still cannot find an excuse and those questions are just too sharp.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
this guy basically will ask you read more bible la,,,,, believing everything he read inside as absolutely true with no questions ask.

when comes to faith, science and logic can throw out of the window.

everything must have a reason, and if cannot explain,

1. God acts in mysterious ways
2. God's ways are higher than your ways
3. Must accept in faith
4. All of the above