• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teen vandals nabbed - How many strokes?

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Courts and Crime > Story
Sep 12, 2008
Teen vandals nabbed
By Kimberly Spykerman

courts-vandal.jpg

The suspects, who both reside in Bishan, then led the Police to their homes where the above-mentioned art supplies were seized, together with a cardboard box with the letters 'ASA' inscribed on it. -- PHOTO: SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE

A TEENAGE duo have been arrested for their suspected involvement in a series of vandalism cases that spanned the Orchard Road and Bugis areas.

Both areas had witnessed more than 10 cases of vandalism since March this year. Bus stops, building walls and other public property had been graffitied with the words 'All Star Artillery' and 'ASA'. The suspects used spray paints, stencils and stickers to carry out their dirty deeds.

The male suspects, aged 18 and 19, were eventually nabbed at Selegie Road on Wednesday after Police officers closely examined footage from a CCTV camera.

Prior to this, officers had conducted extensive interviews and analysed the previous incidences of vandalism carefully.

The suspects, who both reside in Bishan, then led the Police to their homes where the above-mentioned art supplies were seized, together with a cardboard box with the letters 'ASA' inscribed on it.

Superintendent Paul Lim, of the Tanglin Police Division praised the officers for their efforts. He also stressed that the Police would not hesitate to clamp down on such offenders who would be dealt with severely.

Investigations are ongoing. If found guilty, both youths could be imprisoned for up to three years, fined up to $2000 and caned.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
very interesting to see what is the punishment ???
i believe,since it is in the news,those western countries will monitor it and see what type of punishment will the court give ?
remember the Michael Fay's case,
He was sentenced to four months in jail, a $1,400 fine, and six lashes on his bare buttocks with a rattan cane.

so if these 2 teenagers are found guilty,i think they will probably get about the same punishment as Fay else those western countries will surely make a lot of noise and protest about unfair treatment.
and who know,maybe they will sue the government for it.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal

If my memory is correct, the USA did intervene on Faye's behalf to waive the canning but it was only reduced by a few strokes...Hence, Westerners would definitely have an eye on this case

newcomerjkt

Alfrescian
Loyal
If my memory is correct, the USA did intervene on Faye's behalf to waive the canning but it was only reduced by a few strokes...Hence, Westerners would definitely have an eye on this case

This is one thing we are proud of our government. We are not compromising on the sentence.

satrai

Alfrescian
Loyal

Those westerners better mind their own business!
Britain, Netherlands, France and some other countries in Europe nowadays face many many problems due to their spoilt youth and teenagers.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
very interesting to see what is the punishment ???
i believe,since it is in the news,those western countries will monitor it and see what type of punishment will the court give ?

so if these 2 teenagers are found guilty,i think they will probably get about the same punishment as Fay else those western countries will surely make a lot of noise and protest about unfair treatment.
and who know,maybe they will sue the government for it.

The question is whether these 2 boys will receive the same number of lashes Michael Fay did after their govt bullied Spore to reduce the number of lashes. Of coz in this case the US of A wouldn't move a finger to petition on reducing the punishment on what would be deeemed as a barbaric act becoz it does not involve their own national.

Basically they think too highly of themselves and would only accept that their justice system is the best system and should be emulated by all others.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
after reading so many negative remarks about our government,here at least some is quite happy and proud of our government.
yin yang is doing it's part of balancing.

jw5

Loyal
The question is whether these 2 boys will receive the same number of lashes Michael Fay did after their govt bullied Spore to reduce the number of lashes. Of coz in this case the US of A wouldn't move a finger to petition on reducing the punishment on what would be deeemed as a barbaric act becoz it does not involve their own national.

Basically they think too highly of themselves and would only accept that their justice system is the best system and should be emulated by all others.
The parents should be caned.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
just curious .. has anyone here seen canning before ?
I mean canning conducted in prison... has anyone seen before ?
i understand that the cane is about 1.5 meter long, and the thickness is about the same size of our thumb. Just imagine... the guy use all his strength to wack :eek:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal

How many strokes must I give you?? You naughty girl !!:o

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many strokes must I give you?? You naughty girl !!

If u wanna "suan" ppl, please have some creativity lah and don't make any more nonsensical postings which may further degrade whatever wisdom u may still have in that tiny brain of yours :eek::rolleyes:

Remember .....If u don't have the gumption, don't take on more than what u can chew LOL :biggrin::p:biggrin:...

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u wanna "suan" ppl, please have some creativity lah and don't make any more nonsensical postings which may further degrade whatever wisdom u may still have in that tiny brain of yours :eek::rolleyes:

Remember .....If u don't have the gumption, don't take on more than what u can chew LOL :biggrin::p:biggrin:...

When you are sucking me, please don't chew !!:biggrin::biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
20 strokes for the parents.