• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ST Forum

Bigone65

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are the chances of having your letters published in the ST Forum? Anyone got any comments or any experiences?

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depends on what your letter is about?? If it's pro-government, shouldn't have much problem?? :o

Bigone65

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sent them a few emails but unfortunately, everytime I get their standard reply -

"Thank you for writing to us. We do appreciate your making the effort.

We receive up to 70 letters each day. Limited space means we can publish only about a dozen every weekday.
This means having to make often-difficult editorial judgments on which letters to publish.

We regret we are unable to publish your letter."

That is why I wanted to find out how many letters really get printed.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"...We receive up to 70 letters each day. Limited space means we can publish only about a dozen every weekday. This means having to make often-difficult editorial judgments on which letters to publish..." That is why I wanted to find out how many letters really get printed.
What are the chances of having your letters published in the ST Forum? Anyone got any comments or any experiences?
Isn't your question already answered? The probablity is 17% (12/70). Unless yours is deserving of print. :p

Not sure, but you can always try lesser papers ie Today or NP?

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
We regret we are unable to publish your letter."

That is why I wanted to find out how many letters really get printed.

writing clearly and succinctly helps. any letter more than 400 words will be rejected outright (unless your name rhymes with "Boh King").

writing topical issues help too instead of writing about something out of the blue.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's your point...who fucking reads ST anyway let alone the Forum page?

You get better mileage posting your views & opinions here.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am wondering what kind of a fuckwit would regularly, almost religiously, write to the Shitty Times Forum, and obsess about whether the letters get published or not? :rolleyes:

Do they get a special kind of high from that activity?

This is a general comment, not directed to any particular person.