• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

About renouncing SG citizenship, withdrawing CPF and repayment of study loan

khlui11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
I am planning to renounce my sg citizenship and withdraw my CPF next year. However, I am still having an outstanding study loan with DBS. Initially my plan is to use my CPF (approx 30k) to cover my outstanding loan (approx 20k) and live a life that I want. I want to find out the following from those who has renounced citizenship before:

1) When u renounce, do they make sure that u have no outstanding loan with any bank in sg? Otherwise, I would need to find someone to borrow that 20k to fully repay my loan, and return the money after I have got back my CPF. I have a little difficulties finding ppl to lend me that for 2 months.

2) I have asked ICA and the lady told me that they would allow you to stay in SG for a short time in order to "settle other stuffs". I guess it means "CPF withdrawal". How long does ICA give you to "settle stuffs"?

3) During the period of submitting renouncing request and the final approval of renouncing, are you okay to remain working?

4) My boss would always submit his portion of CPF one month later. That is, September's CPF would be contributed only in mid Oct. If I plan to leave in Sep 2010 (let's say), does that mean I need to stop working in Aug, unless my boss is willing to pay my full salary in cash?

Hope there is someone out there can help me out on this. Thanks in advance.

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
I am planning to renounce my sg citizenship and withdraw my CPF next year. However, I am still having an outstanding study loan with DBS. Initially my plan is to use my CPF (approx 30k) to cover my outstanding loan (approx 20k) and live a life that I want. I want to find out the following from those who has renounced citizenship before:

1) When u renounce, do they make sure that u have no outstanding loan with any bank in sg? Otherwise, I would need to find someone to borrow that 20k to fully repay my loan, and return the money after I have got back my CPF. I have a little difficulties finding ppl to lend me that for 2 months.
I can only tell you the experience of my wife who renounce her citizenship - no, they dont check on private loans etc. They are only concern if you owe "An Gong" money like fines, income tax and etc
2) I have asked ICA and the lady told me that they would allow you to stay in SG for a short time in order to "settle other stuffs". I guess it means "CPF withdrawal". How long does ICA give you to "settle stuffs"?
Our Case - they will speed up the process to 1 week if you dont have any complications. Believe me, when u have the few hundred grand of CPF $$ - u will wanna to get out ASAP
3) During the period of submitting renouncing request and the final approval of renouncing, are you okay to remain working?
You can renounce and the process is 15 mins but it is if they will agreed to it and give letter to go to CPF board to pick up your hard earn moolah
4) My boss would always submit his portion of CPF one month later. That is, September's CPF would be contributed only in mid Oct. If I plan to leave in Sep 2010 (let's say), does that mean I need to stop working in Aug, unless my boss is willing to pay my full salary in cash?
Wifey work until 2 days before flying before her boss find out that she renounced. The balance of the CPF $$ - they credit to her overseas account
Hope there is someone out there can help me out on this. Thanks in advance.

see above for reply

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over and above what Asychee said, you can use your new country's passport and seek extention up to 90 days. Yes, you can carry on working. CPF will forward any money that comes in after your withdrawal to your designated bank account.

khlui11

Alfrescian
Loyal
see above for reply

Thx.
15min? I thot it will take 8 wks for male? I want to see my money b4 I leave coz I dun trust the gov, even if they promise me they would forward any money to my overseas account.
Thx guys for replies anyway

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thx.
15min? I thot it will take 8 wks for male? I want to see my money b4 I leave coz I dun trust the gov, even if they promise me they would forward any money to my overseas account.
Thx guys for replies anyway

15 mins at the ica side and after that wait for the letter. Once collect the letter - u make a dash to the CPF board to see officer and do the paperwork to collect the $$$.