• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why my feiend converted to Islam, he call himself Yusof?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Protestant Christianity baptism, taking a Christian name is optional. In Catholicism, I understand that baptism at birth, Christian name is given by the parents; baptism at confirmation or conversion, Christian name is given by the priest. In conversion to Islam, I understand that being given or taking on a Muslim name at birth or at conversion is compulsory. And for conversion, even the surname is usually changed to Abdullah (meaning child of Allah). Anyway, many Christian and Muslim names share common historical roots and references, for example:

Joseph = Yusoff
Abraham = Ibrahim
Jacob = Yaccob
Issac = Ishak
David = Daud
Solomon = Sulaiman