• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Number port is telco doin enough to retain cust?

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal
been a m1 cust for abt 10 yrs. sub to ultimate plan. contract finish jan 08 this year. they hav never send me any vouchers or offer any freebies!! called up their cust svs hotline on mon to enquire if they hav any cust retention promo for me?? say get back to me tues but no news... this is sad!! :mad::(

actually i hav two frens who r w m1 previously they too hav called up to enquire but m1 dun seems to bother abt losin cust!! so they switch to starhub!! got freebies, voucher n some VAS.

any view abt wat m1 or other telco doin to retain u as their subscriber??

proffessor_x

Alfrescian
Loyal
your friends are the living testimonies.
what are you waiting for? another 10 more years being aloyal customer?

SWITCH PROVIDER liao !!!!!

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
been a m1 cust for abt 10 yrs. sub to ultimate plan. contract finish jan 08 this year. they hav never send me any vouchers or offer any freebies!! called up their cust svs hotline on mon to enquire if they hav any cust retention promo for me?? say get back to me tues but no news... this is sad!! :mad::(

Thanks for starting this thread. This is not in support of the above telco but i also with them for more than 10yrs. I called up cust.serv. two days ago and they offered me six months free subscription and $25 (from my sunperks points) off a new handset for a new 2yr contract. Maybe i gotta specify that presently i not under any contract and they just trying to tie me down? I am interested in the new SE G900. Can anyone advise whether i should switch telcos or stick with M1? Thanks.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
the same happened to me. I have been with M1 since day one of mobile phone ownership. And since i have been using second hand sets, i never had any retention programs from them for the last 8 years. 8 years of ultimate plan. I always hear about my friends getting voucher for renewal when their contract expires, but i don't know why they never gave me anything.... even though i don't have any contract existing!

Recently, one lady called me and told me that she is my relationship manager from M1, and asked if i was happy with their service. I told them i was eyeing on a particular model (handphone not chicks) and she should call me when it is available.

After the model was launch (handphone, not chicks), i repeatedly tried to call her, but was not successful. She finally return my calls. I told her that i am going to switch provider. She ask me why! Well told her about the new price plan and what Starhub was offering...etc...etc... she needed 30 mins to get back to me to see if M1 can match the price.

In the end, they did managed to better the price by $70 bucks, However, i need to stick to my ultimate business plan. Where as i pay $70 more, and I can actually downgrade my plan to a cheaper one. (these days, with free incoming calls, i don't need that much call time any more).

In the end, i still decide to switch provider...

My point is, sometime you need to push them a little, shove them a little, just to get them to get in line with the market. I don't have time for this kind of extra ciriculum in my life... I am not saying that Starhub is better, but after 8 years of being ripped off, i decided to give someone else a try.

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal
guess wat?? m1 did get back to me today, as i m eyein samsung i900. i told them starhub price is at $350 but m1 price is at 420. the cso inform me, the best they can do is i buy the set at $420 w contract n they give me $10 rebates for the next 6 month!! knn!!! wat kind of retention svs is this???

this is really sad!!! now seriously tink of switchin operator... :mad:
juz waitin for iphone to cums in, i bet another price war is cumming!! :biggrin:

anyone can share wat the oter telco is doin to retain u as their cust???

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for starting this thread. This is not in support of the above telco but i also with them for more than 10yrs. I called up cust.serv. two days ago and they offered me six months free subscription and $25 (from my sunperks points) off a new handset for a new 2yr contract. Maybe i gotta specify that presently i not under any contract and they just trying to tie me down? I am interested in the new SE G900. Can anyone advise whether i should switch telcos or stick with M1? Thanks.

u sure 6 month free subscription??? nnkc they juz offer me a $10 rebate for the next six months if i sign new contract!! my contract oso finish long long ago liao... knn must call up m1 to kpkb again!!! :mad:

if 6 month free subscription can stay la... juz wait for the singtel iphone launch, i bet all telco battling for our $$ again!!

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes confirm i got the 6mth complimentary subscription offer which i was told is valid till abt 20 or 22 Aug. Not sure abt their selection criteria but i was with them for more than 10yrs. Hope this can help.

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes confirm i got the 6mth complimentary subscription offer which i was told is valid till abt 20 or 22 Aug. Not sure abt their selection criteria but i was with them for more than 10yrs. Hope this can help.

thx u!! hav called them up again to kpkb!! they say will get back to me on mon!!! if they still offer me anything better, i gotta switch over to starhub!!!

anyone hav any idea starhub hav a plan whereby i could watch cable tv on my mobile rite??? lidat no need to rush home for EPL liao...:smile: