• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Mo Kio MRT attempted suicide

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
20090820.190858_20090820-amkmrt.jpg

Train services were disrupted on Thursday morning when a man jumped off the station platform of Ang Mo Kio MRT station after an argument with his mother.

Shin Min Daily News reported that this incident occurred at 10am on the platform heading towards Jurong East.

According to the Chinese evening daily, the pair had exchanged a few heated words before the 26-year-old man stopped and remained silent, while his mother continued to reprimand him. He leapt onto the tracks shortly after.

The mother then cried for help, alarming the passengers on the platform.

"I had just gotten off the train at the opposite platform when I heard a woman shouting: 'My son is committing suicide, help!'", said Ms Cai, a 45-year-old store owner.

Station staff alerted the driver of a train that was approaching the station and managed to stop it on time.

The man eventually climbed up onto the platform after being coaxed by the staff. He was then sent to a hospital by an ambulance that had arrived at the scene. Shin Min Daily News reported that the man's arm was injured as a result of the incident.

According to the reporter who was at the scene, the man, who is bespectacled and wearing a striped t-shirt, was taken away by the police and investigations are underway.

A spokesperson from SMRT said that fares will be refunded for those whose journey was affected by this incident. Passengers can do so by approaching any SMRT station within the next three working days.

Crazy People!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Typical sinkie loser. :rolleyes: It's no surprise that foreigners need to be imported to keep the country going.