• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The bizarre behaviours of Singaporeans

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
44 years of economic and material success have spawned some very strange behaviors among Singaporeans. We spent so much to buy a house or flat, furnished it up like a palace, but spent our time outside, most of the time at work. And the maids are the ones enjoying the million dollar or multi million dollar assets.

Then we paid so much, the highest in the world, for a car only to park at home. Too expensive to drive, too many ERPs and car park charges to pay. And we are encouraged to park the car at home and take the crowded public transport, cheaper and more convenient.

And when Singaporeans travelled, instead of seeing the places, they went shopping. The best part is that they would head for the cheapest bargains, buying stuff that they could get in Chinatown or pasar malam, at even cheaper prices. And they are happy that they got a bargain.

And while the heartlanders are busy trying to make a life here, being told to bust off if they are not happy, which they could not, the rich and presumably very happy and contented citizens are buying up properties overseas just in case they need to make that escape from paradise.

While many Singaporeans are thinking of jumping ship, or preparing to jump ship, hoards of new immigrants are rushing in to take their place in this paradise..

And to top it all up, they keep complaining about the govt and all the policies that they found unpalatable, come every election, they will vote and return the govt to power.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good one bro. Nicely composed and hits the sweet spot.

44 years of economic and material success have spawned some very strange behaviors among Singaporeans. We spent so much to buy a house or flat, furnished it up like a palace, but spent our time outside, most of the time at work. And the maids are the ones enjoying the million dollar or multi million dollar assets.

Then we paid so much, the highest in the world, for a car only to park at home. Too expensive to drive, too many ERPs and car park charges to pay. And we are encouraged to park the car at home and take the crowded public transport, cheaper and more convenient.

And when Singaporeans travelled, instead of seeing the places, they went shopping. The best part is that they would head for the cheapest bargains, buying stuff that they could get in Chinatown or pasar malam, at even cheaper prices. And they are happy that they got a bargain.

And while the heartlanders are busy trying to make a life here, being told to bust off if they are not happy, which they could not, the rich and presumably very happy and contented citizens are buying up properties overseas just in case they need to make that escape from paradise.

While many Singaporeans are thinking of jumping ship, or preparing to jump ship, hoards of new immigrants are rushing in to take their place in this paradise..

And to top it all up, they keep complaining about the govt and all the policies that they found unpalatable, come every election, they will vote and return the govt to power.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

I totally agree ! Bloody ex-fellow mates condeming my happy land ! Serve them right ! haha

U

UpYoz_olo

:biggrin:

Uniquely Singapore :biggrin: I just can't helped it.

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dun you think is better than the US or the british, who are now worrying if they will lost their job and force to sell their beautiful at a lost??
I think Australian are no better after they are screwed big time by the chinese...

haha...at least our carpark is allocated at designated spots, not like in Philippines, malaysia or thailand where their carparks are everywhere...haha...cos is a bloody big jam all around....

??? all humans do that...the rich wait for the downturn to buy cheaper properties...what is wrong with pp buying things at a bargain????

at least our govt get things done efficently and effectively...just look at taiwan now...look at china how they handle Sanlu, look at kelvin Rudd...maybe he can speak more mandarin and carry more balls...we dont want a govt that change and cant do things...

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is this Australia or Singapore ?

Sounds the same to me:p:p

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
at least our govt get things done efficently and effectively...just look at taiwan now...look at china how they handle Sanlu, look at kelvin Rudd...maybe he can speak more mandarin and carry more balls...we dont want a govt that change and cant do things...

There you go again.. how many times I have to tell you.. things progress slowly in Australia, this is why individual like axe168 is always the winner coz I'm ahead from the rest.. once i achieve enough, I will slow down like them and be lazy.. :wink:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
There you go again.. how many times I have to tell you.. things progress slowly in Australia, this is why individual like axe168 is always the winner coz I'm ahead from the rest.. once i achieve enough, I will slow down like them and be lazy.. :wink:

Yes staring at cieling fan loosing big money in property too

What a winner!

Hee Hee hee

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Patience ... The giant resources wheel is turning. I will return to Perth property in Q1, 2010, after the Chinese liquidity is soaked up.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Patience ... The giant resources wheel is turning. I will return to Perth property in Q1, 2010, after the Chinese liquidity is soaked up.

Oh bad news for you again old chap

Looks like interest rates headed up in Australia

Inflation dont you know

Hee Hee Hee

Oh how I just love to poke fun at you poor suckers in Australia