• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
EL twin villas are good buys for sure. The rental part you can be sure its in high demand as its one of the only 2 higher-end residential enclave in Legoland area. Those high-end exec and CEOs will stay in bungalows and twin Villas. Who cares so long its paid for by their company? Nusa Idaman u can forgo. It attracts quite a fair bit of Bumi from Kota Iskandar. Buying for investment is a nono

Agree, with you on the investment part if its part of the consideration factor. The primary consideration should still be to for own stay though unless you have deeper pockets and not risk adverse.

<fud>

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am currently installing grill for my property in setia eco garden . The price quoted by my contractor is quite good. Their workmanship is not bad. If you need pls let me know.

Hi

Can you pm me have the contact for the contractor doing the window and door grilles?

Need to do for my place at Nusa Idaman.

Thanks in advance.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, with you on the investment part if its part of the consideration factor. The primary consideration should still be to for own stay though unless you have deeper pockets and not risk adverse.

As you can see i started of as a non-believer. Recently went around looking at properties in JB again. Can feel the vibrant activities around. It seems like a lot of Singaporeans are buying into the second home or weekend home away from home idea. The HH golf course is perpetually busy even on weekdays - i hope it does not get congested eventually.

As i am a Malaysian i don't mind committing on one property. Worst case scenario it becomes my weekend home for long term. If Nusajaya takes off nicely i can just keep it to collect rental for retirement in future. Definitely not for speculative quick gains like in SG.

I'm torn between EL and HH golf-facing semi-D. I want to commit only on one. I simply love the almost 4000 sft double storey build up for EL. Since i am not looking to stay there in the immediate future, i dont mind looking as far as 5 years down the road. MYR1.2m sounds ex but those who have seen the house can understand - it is more than a semi-D. The only entry cost is the bank loan side legal fee + stamp duty about MYR14k in total. Aircon for whole house included, signature kitchen voucher worths 30k, MOT stamp duty and legal fees all absorbed by UEM. (Note: Phase I costs abt 960k to 980k, similar to phase II except it is gated within an area comprising semi-D and terrace ==> higher density. Whereas Phase II costing 1188k is within an area that has only semi-D and bungalows, and the unit sits on the highest ground among all the houses at EL. The fittings and materials are better, according to Sales, but i cannot recall what they gave for Phase I. There is no way i could have committed in Phase I as i feel it is too early to own a property at EL, need to wait a couple of years. Taking into a/c all these factors i value the Phase II at about 10% more ex than Phase I on a like to like basis)

Now, i am comparing to HH 3-storey semi-D golf facing morning sun unit. Land is only 3311 sft, built up 4213 sft - quite nice but the house itself still not as impressive as EL. I think this is under the Golf, they have some 2 storeys and 3 storeys. The new batches are nicer than the older golf-course facing ones at the Gateway, a lot more windows and larger build up. Now, this house costs 1.3m, everything is absorbed, zero entry costs... but no free aircon and kitchen cabinet. (NOte: The 2 storey golf facing units with 2767 sft built-up costs btw 1055k to 1105k, this can be compared to the Gateway 2 storey golf facing units which i believe was about 900+k? Standard lot size for both 2 storeys n 3 storeys are 2800 sft)

Pay for the golf-course (HH) view, or pay for the nice house (EL)?

I recognise i missed the first wave as i wanted to observe the market a longer time. The houses < 500k has certainly shot up in values. But those above 1m did not actually go up that much... comparing like to like it probably has gone up by 10%... i'm ok with that.

So here i am... justifying why i should shell out money to buy a property in a country i still have no faith with... lol

Last edited:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wiseguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
As you can see i started of as a non-believer. Recently went around looking at properties in JB again. Can feel the vibrant activities around. It seems like a lot of Singaporeans are buying into the second home or weekend home away from home idea. The HH golf course is perpetually busy even on weekdays - i hope it does not get congested eventually.

As i am a Malaysian i don't mind committing on one property. Worst case scenario it becomes my weekend home for long term. If Nusajaya takes off nicely i can just keep it to collect rental for retirement in future. Definitely not for speculative quick gains like in SG.

I'm torn between EL and HH golf-facing semi-D. I want to commit only on one. I simply love the almost 4000 sft double storey build up for EL. Since i am not looking to stay there in the immediate future, i dont mind looking as far as 5 years down the road. MYR1.2m sounds ex but those who have seen the house can understand - it is more than a semi-D. The only entry cost is the bank loan side legal fee + stamp duty about MYR14k in total. Aircon for whole house included, signature kitchen voucher worths 30k, MOT stamp duty and legal fees all absorbed by UEM. (Note: Phase I costs abt 960k to 980k, similar to phase II except it is gated within an area comprising semi-D and terrace ==> higher density. Whereas Phase II costing 1188k is within an area that has only semi-D and bungalows, and the unit sits on the highest ground among all the houses at EL. The fittings and materials are better, according to Sales, but i cannot recall what they gave for Phase I. There is no way i could have committed in Phase I as i feel it is too early to own a property at EL, need to wait a couple of years. Taking into a/c all these factors i value the Phase II at about 10% more ex than Phase I on a like to like basis)

Now, i am comparing to HH 3-storey semi-D golf facing morning sun unit. Land is only 3311 sft, built up 4213 sft - quite nice but the house itself still not as impressive as EL. I think this is under the Golf, they have some 2 storeys and 3 storeys. The new batches are nicer than the older golf-course facing ones at the Gateway, a lot more windows and larger build up. Now, this house costs 1.3m, everything is absorbed, zero entry costs... but no free aircon and kitchen cabinet. (NOte: The 2 storey golf facing units with 2767 sft built-up costs btw 1055k to 1105k, this can be compared to the Gateway 2 storey golf facing units which i believe was about 900+k? Standard lot size for both 2 storeys n 3 storeys are 2800 sft)

Pay for the golf-course (HH) view, or pay for the nice house (EL)?

I recognise i missed the first wave as i wanted to observe the market a longer time. The houses < 500k has certainly shot up in values. But those above 1m did not actually go up that much... comparing like to like it probably has gone up by 10%... i'm ok with that.

So here i am... justifying why i should shell out money to buy a property in a country i still have no faith with... lol

EL obviously has superior quality, finishing, design and spaciousness.

Rental wise, it may face competition from supply in Ujana, 1Medini, Imperia etc in 2-4 yrs.
Agree, it would be popular rental among higher level expats.

But I'm concerned about over supply vs slow growing demands - consider that tenancy target is overly dependant on mainly expats from the Universities.Just my opinion.

Please share your opinion. Thk you.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi coolstaint if i were in your shoes, between HH semi-d facing Golf course and EL twin villas, I would not know what to buy. Seriously I was in your shoe just a few months back. What make me give up the idea of EL is the fact that I will most probably be staying with my wife and her parents and EL is pretty far out for older pple. Afterall, as you shd know older pple look for market, supermarket, easy access to amenties and food etc. You drive them to EL they wont be pleased. But if u were to show a professional young couple earning S$10,000 a month or angmo to East Ledang, they wont complain about the lack of amenties or access to supermarket. It is like staying in a GCB in Singapore. I have never heard the owners complain about lack of easy access to food, cos the maid will be the one walking some 30 minute out to the main road to hop into a bus to the supermarket. A few rich expats in Singapore I know of have bought bungalows in HH. A few has bought EL. Between Ang mos and expats, they are equally split between EL and HH. The main benefit of EL is close proximity to 2nd link custom of cos. Now I stay somewhere in Tun Aminah and in the morning, it took me about 15-20 minutes from Tun Aminah to reach the Nusajaya highway exit.. with no traffic condition.. So usually when i reach nusajaya entrance for EL, I will tell myself, if i got a house in EL, I will save 20 minutes to and 20 minutes back daily! But this is life i guess, got pros and cons. I must say if i am sole in Malaysia to stay with my wife and no other old pple, I will buy EL for its close proximity and long term investment in the capital appreciation

Yup... EL is definitely not ideal for now. Hence the added risk - how fast or how well the surrounding development & amenities turn out. For the long term for sure. Well, in fact the difference between HH to EL is barely 10 minutes. Neverthless i've taken the plunge for EL as i simply love the house too much :-p

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
EL obviously has superior quality, finishing, design and spaciousness.

Rental wise, it may face competition from supply in Ujana, 1Medini, Imperia etc in 2-4 yrs.
Agree, it would be popular rental among higher level expats.

But I'm concerned about over supply vs slow growing demands - consider that tenancy target is overly dependant on mainly expats from the Universities.Just my opinion.

Please share your opinion. Thk you.

I share your sentiments. The rental NOW is pretty ok because of limited supply. But as the supply increase it is hard to predict if there will be enough demand to match it.

Basically i do a ballpark estimate of how much it would cost me to buy a piece of land of similar size, build a similar house, at a similar location. At Leisure Farm they are selling bungalow plots at MYR60 psf asking price (about 13000 sft parcel). Hence i estimate the 4050 sft land costs at about MYR200k. The 3800 sft house would cost about S$500k to build in S'pore, hence i assume it costs about MYR500k in Malaysia. ==> Total costs MYR700k. So i am paying MYR500k for being part of the EL development, the convenience of having someone else build the house for me... not forgetting the 500k includes free aircon, 30k signature kitchen voucher, etc.

Obviously it costs the developer a lot less... this is just an estimate for myself

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alliance can get 3.95% but lock in 5 years

Yup... EL is definitely not ideal for now. Hence the added risk - how fast or how well the surrounding development & amenities turn out. For the long term for sure. Well, in fact the difference between HH to EL is barely 10 minutes. Neverthless i've taken the plunge for EL as i simply love the house too much :-p

Congrats Coolsaint77, so you have bought your semi-d in EL? Mine is type C facing garden of Phase 2. Is yours near the garden?

edm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi wise ones :smile:

I have been looking around the prices of properties around the Nusajaya area and found that the prices at Leisure Farm seemingly one of the highest. Can anyone share any views on the reason why?

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats Coolsaint77, so you have bought your semi-d in EL? Mine is type C facing garden of Phase 2. Is yours near the garden?

Hi Investor,
Wow... garden facing!
I am a little late into this so the best available for me is a Type B with the Ledang Heights slope at the back. It is more towards the longish garden.
I believe we are all around the same locality... the elevated ground which is the highest point in the development.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor,
Wow... garden facing!
I am a little late into this so the best available for me is a Type B with the Ledang Heights slope at the back. It is more towards the longish garden.
I believe we are all around the same locality... the elevated ground which is the highest point in the development.

Hi Coolsaint77,
I also prefer the layout of type A and B, but none of them is beside the garden except the show unit(type B) which was sold. So I have no choice but to get a type C :smile: I think the 'longish garden' you were referring to is also border of Phase One and Two right?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have been looking around the prices of properties around the Nusajaya area and found that the prices at Leisure Farm seemingly one of the highest. Can anyone share any views on the reason why?

Hi edm23,
It depends on which developments you are comparing to, as there are many developments ranging from Top-notch to Budget. Even though I don't know the prices of Leisure Farm, I can still be quite sure that it won't be more expensive than East Ledang and Horizon Hills.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Coolsaint77,
I also prefer the layout of type A and B, but none of them is beside the garden except the show unit(type B) which was sold. So I have no choice but to get a type C :smile: I think the 'longish garden' you were referring to is also border of Phase One and Two right?

Yes that's the location. Type A has the biggest living cum dining and a very good upstairs layout which accomodates 4 BRs! But the master is slightly smaller. Type B has the most conventional design... on paper it looks as if the dining cum living is smallest among the 5 designs but the showhouse itself feels good sized. No oversized foyer, dry kitchen nicely tucked at the side and not in direct view from living, nice patio at the back, nice huge family area upstairs... I was trying to decide between Type A and B but chose Type B because that is the only morning sun unit available, unless i go for the lower ground units.

Seems to me type C upstairs rooms are the largest. Haha seriously whichever layout does not really matter... all very nice size.

Every time i look at the layouts i have the urge to rethink if i want to change to another unit. I have not exercised my option so i can still change... hahaha

Last edited:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal

One year plus ago i was looking at semi-D at Bayou Water Village, it was 700k plus but i believe the price has gone up. Even at 700k plus i find it ex because the house is rather small. Basically they are selling on lifestyle. I gave up on Bayou water village after finding out the concept does not allow fencing at all... i have a dog so no fencing is a problem for me... at least East Ledang has a small fenced up area

Last edited:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi edm23,
It depends on which developments you are comparing to, as there are many developments ranging from Top-notch to Budget. Even though I don't know the prices of Leisure Farm, I can still be quite sure that it won't be more expensive than East Ledang and Horizon Hills.

On a psf basis, i think Leisure Farm might be the most expensive. They sell on lifestyle such as the Equestrian School, Polo Club, houses facing the canal (ie water village)... they fix a layer of nice timber over a concrete house... quite nice... You can fix a hammock at the balcony overlooking water... i think it comes with the kitchen cabinets and aircon

Status
Not open for further replies.