PDA

View Full Version : Living in JB

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

markhida22
21-11-2010, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=euphony;610778]bro wuqi: do u have a contact number for emergency tow services you trust? thanks for bringing up reminder a few pages back on the forum. QUOTE]

I think I can share some info that I've just found on this.

If you have AA Singapore membership, the free 24 hours roadside assistence service (including towing) extend to certain areas in Johor from Johor town to Kulai, Paisir Gudang, and 2nd link.

That means from 2nd link, along the E3 highway all the way to Bukit Indah area is also covered!

That is really good news to me. :)

wuqi256
22-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Mine is free s&p too. Free 24 months maintenance . Free Non Golf membership with monthly fees of rm 75. Can use all the facility except golf which need to pay green fees . Have committed today so hope it's a good buy

That looks about right, there is nothing like the 100 dollar a day that someone was mentioning? I pay almost 200 monthly for mine.
Welcome to the neighbourhood!!

Investor
22-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Mine is free s&p too. Free 24 months maintenance . Free Non Golf membership with monthly fees of rm 75. Can use all the facility except golf which need to pay green fees . Have committed today so hope it's a good buy

Congratulations Louis, are you Malaysian? As for the MOT thing mentioned by dapbest, I've checked my 'Sales Package' and found that the developer is absorbing that too, you should also check yours just to be sure =)

Investor
22-11-2010, 02:13 AM
Did your seller factor in free MOT for you as well? I was told by the sales in HH that MOT cost about 2 or 3 % of the selling price. Its like a transfer of title from Master Title to Individual title.

Hi Dapbest, thank you very much for highlighting about M.O.T. I've checked my 'Sales Package' and luckily it states "Free legal fees and stamp duty on Sales and Purchase Agreement including Stamp duty on Memorandum of Transfer M.O.T :D

Investor
22-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Hi Wuqi,

I read in previous pages and saw you mentioning that you've installed door and window grills. I'm also looking forward to install grills for my unit, may I have the contact details of your installer? Thank you very much in advance :)

markhida22
22-11-2010, 02:33 AM
I think I can share some info that I've just found on this.

If you have AA Singapore membership, the free 24 hours roadside assistence service (including towing) extend to certain areas in Johor from Johor town to Kulai, Paisir Gudang, and 2nd link.

That means from 2nd link, along the E3 highway all the way to Bukit Indah area is also covered!

That is really good news to me. :)

Just to add.. the number to call for AA Johor 24 hrs Breakdown Services is:

07-2267527

Investor
22-11-2010, 02:38 AM
In HH, the Greens clusters are launching soon @ RM 700+K but I would advise against buying it. One can still get existing 3-storey Semi-Ds at the Gateway for just RM 800+k and have free Golf Membership etc.

Owners of existing units at The Gateway will raise their prices to match Developer's new launch prices, thus they won't be selling at RM800+K by then.

I was told that prices will increase between 10-20% for the next launch of terraces at East Ledang and the next launch is happening very very soon, maybe Horizon Hills might be launching soon too.

A rough price guide from my knowledge.
East Ledang's terraces:
1st batch (Year 2008) - RM4xxK
2nd batch (Year 2010) - RM6xxK
3rd batch (Year 2010) - RM7xxK(Estimated)

Maybe someone can contribute the rough price guide for Horizon Hills.

toyohon
22-11-2010, 02:41 AM
Congratulations Louis, are you Malaysian? As for the MOT thing mentioned by dapbest, I've checked my 'Sales Package' and found that the developer is absorbing that too, you should also check yours just to be sure =)

I suppose properties priced close to RM500k should have no problems getting consent/approval from Johor's Land office/State consent? Anyone has direct experience to this situation where intended property purchase is not quite 500k??

Investor
22-11-2010, 03:00 AM
I suppose properties priced close to RM500k should have no problems getting consent/approval from Johor's Land office/State consent? Anyone has direct experience to this situation where intended property purchase is not quite 500k??

Louis will be the one If he is not Malaysian :) Let's wait for his reply.

wuqi256
22-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Hi Wuqi,

I read in previous pages and saw you mentioning that you've installed door and window grills. I'm also looking forward to install grills for my unit, may I have the contact details of your installer? Thank you very much in advance :)

Sure, PM me. :)

louischin78
22-11-2010, 04:20 AM
Hi , my wife is a Malaysian so it's fine for us . But the sales staff did tell me they can jack up the s&p price but end up you are paying like 5k more

louischin78
22-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Did your seller factor in free MOT for you as well? I was told by the sales in HH that MOT cost about 2 or 3 % of the selling price. Its like a transfer of title from Master Title to Individual title a few years down the road and most developers will keep mum about it.

Damn how I love the rise of HH and EL, Kota Iskandar region. Every month there are bound to be new developements or some new launched. In HH, the Greens clusters are launching soon @ RM 700+K but I would advise against buying it. Once can still get existing 3-storey Semi-Ds at the Gateway for just RM 800+k and have free Golf Membership etc.

Yesterday dropped by for the Maybank Golf day. Saw some BMWs 335i, Audi A6, A5, CLS 350, Z4, M3 and Porsche... this is one of the very very few places in Johor where one can see such a luxury collection of top-end cars. The only other time I saw was at Sutera Utama where a BMW M5 and X6 were parked sided by side outside DHL office.

HI Dapbest,

Thank you so much for your reminder . Yes MOT is included and will be borned by the Developer. After some research I think its a good buy .

At RM466K (24*75 WITH 2556 SQ FT built up area) with the following throw in .

24 Months free maintenance fee.
Free Non-Golf Membership (Monthly fees is RM75 once I activate it)
Free S&P and Stamp Duty .

Cant wait to join the community hopefully in 18 months time .

aquilani
23-11-2010, 05:43 AM

When I enquired about HH condo, I was quoted RM$471K. The sales explained that we have to pay $500k and credit note will be issued for the difference

danteakc
23-11-2010, 01:26 PM

care to pm me as well. Had a quote from Chun Lee 20k for a semi D.

louischin78
23-11-2010, 10:26 PM
care to pm me as well. Had a quote from Chun Lee 20k for a semi D.

I am currently installing grill for my property in setia eco garden . The price quoted by my contractor is quite good. Their workmanship is not bad. If you need pls let me know.

Coolsaint77
24-11-2010, 03:07 AM
This is an interesting thread. We see believers and detractors.

Will Horizon Hill and East Ledang become good quality living of future? Will all these great plans of Medini, EduHub, Legoland, Puteri Harbour,Kota Iskandar, etc bring appreciation potential to your properties? Will Nusajaya become the satellite town of Singaporeans wanting more space or weekend getaway? Or will Nusajaya become another Putrajaya (in terms of residential property appreciation it is a flop) or worst still... somewhere you might not have heard of.. Modern Ghost Town Ordos (look at the beautiful but empty houses!)

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1975397_2094492,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1975397_2094498,00.html

Coolsaint77
24-11-2010, 03:14 AM
I am considering purchasing a unit at East Ledang. Very impressed with those twin-villas built up 3800 sft. The construction costs for a similar house in SG would be about S$400k. If i were to build a similar house myself, in JB, any idea how much would that cost? I am trying to assess if the MYR1.2m price is reasonable. They are giving free MOT, 7 units of aircon and MYR30k Signature kitchen voucher.

Is the UOB loan rate for 3 years lock-down good? Its BR-2.2%.

aquilani
25-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Dear All,

FYI, there is a JB property fair at City Square this weekend.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/5184132538_99ee4759d3_b.jpg

danteakc
25-11-2010, 03:19 PM
damn pathetic.
p1 wireless package (http://www.p1.com.my/wimax/wiggy_packages_ref.aspx)
wired modem package merely 2.4m with a cap of 30GB per month. That is not even enough for 10 shows. (http://www.p1.com.my/wimax/packages_ref.aspx)

Singapore package (http://www.singnet.com/insing/images/SNBB300x90_10m_4290.gif)

Which ISP gifs the best speed? cap at 2.4MBPS. Celcom gifs up to 3.6MBPS.
Very pathetic as price is comparable to SingNet but more then the price we need to pay.

Coolsaint77
25-11-2010, 03:26 PM
damn pathetic.
wired modem package merely 2.4m with a cap of 30GB per month. That is not even enough for 10 shows. (http://www.p1.com.my/wimax/packages_ref.aspx)

Singapore package (http://www.singnet.com/insing/images/SNBB300x90_10m_4290.gif)

Very pathetic as price is comparable to SingNet but more then the price we need to pay.

Had bad experience with Celcom's 3G or 3.5G wireless in Nusa Idaman area. Better check what is available at your area. The sales guys don't seem to care if they misrep... everything also can... either that or they will tell you "should be ok"

Eventually changed to Time.com's MYR99 p/mth package (fixed line, not wireless). The other popular package would be Telecom Malaysia's streamyx.

wuqi256
25-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Had bad experience with Celcom's 3G or 3.5G wireless in Nusa Idaman area. Better check what is available at your area. The sales guys don't seem to care if they misrep... everything also can... either that or they will tell you "should be ok"

Eventually changed to Time.com's MYR99 p/mth package (fixed line, not wireless). The other popular package would be Telecom Malaysia's streamyx.

Thats very strange, it very works for HH area. Several friends has it and its working fine. I tried it, so far no issues.

Digi doesn't cover this area and a friend tried Maxxis here but results not good.

euphony
25-11-2010, 11:12 PM
i have to agree the ISPs sucks big time compared to what I have in SG, even my M1 wireless broadband (a malaysian outfit) does better than any offering in MY. I am on P1 now, the connection is quite reliable i must say (touch wood) for the most basic internet use. They also give me the feeling they're quite interested in keeping their customers trying to ace their customer service (trying being the operative word here).

louischin78
26-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Hi , I am in the mist of sourcing for loan . Anyone can advise which bank give the best offer

wuqi256
26-11-2010, 04:37 AM
EL twin villas are good buys for sure. The rental part you can be sure its in high demand as its one of the only 2 higher-end residential enclave in Legoland area. Those high-end exec and CEOs will stay in bungalows and twin Villas. Who cares so long its paid for by their company? Nusa Idaman u can forgo. It attracts quite a fair bit of Bumi from Kota Iskandar. Buying for investment is a nono

Agree, with you on the investment part if its part of the consideration factor. The primary consideration should still be to for own stay though unless you have deeper pockets and not risk adverse.

<fud>
26-11-2010, 07:25 AM

Hi

Can you let me have the contact for the contractor doing the window and door grilles?

I can't seem to pm anyone. Maybe my account is restricted.

Thanks in advance.

<fud>
26-11-2010, 07:26 AM
I am currently installing grill for my property in setia eco garden . The price quoted by my contractor is quite good. Their workmanship is not bad. If you need pls let me know.

Hi

Can you pm me have the contact for the contractor doing the window and door grilles?

Need to do for my place at Nusa Idaman.

Thanks in advance.

Coolsaint77
26-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Agree, with you on the investment part if its part of the consideration factor. The primary consideration should still be to for own stay though unless you have deeper pockets and not risk adverse.

As you can see i started of as a non-believer. Recently went around looking at properties in JB again. Can feel the vibrant activities around. It seems like a lot of Singaporeans are buying into the second home or weekend home away from home idea. The HH golf course is perpetually busy even on weekdays - i hope it does not get congested eventually.

As i am a Malaysian i don't mind committing on one property. Worst case scenario it becomes my weekend home for long term. If Nusajaya takes off nicely i can just keep it to collect rental for retirement in future. Definitely not for speculative quick gains like in SG.

I'm torn between EL and HH golf-facing semi-D. I want to commit only on one. I simply love the almost 4000 sft double storey build up for EL. Since i am not looking to stay there in the immediate future, i dont mind looking as far as 5 years down the road. MYR1.2m sounds ex but those who have seen the house can understand - it is more than a semi-D. The only entry cost is the bank loan side legal fee + stamp duty about MYR14k in total. Aircon for whole house included, signature kitchen voucher worths 30k, MOT stamp duty and legal fees all absorbed by UEM. (Note: Phase I costs abt 960k to 980k, similar to phase II except it is gated within an area comprising semi-D and terrace ==> higher density. Whereas Phase II costing 1188k is within an area that has only semi-D and bungalows, and the unit sits on the highest ground among all the houses at EL. The fittings and materials are better, according to Sales, but i cannot recall what they gave for Phase I. There is no way i could have committed in Phase I as i feel it is too early to own a property at EL, need to wait a couple of years. Taking into a/c all these factors i value the Phase II at about 10% more ex than Phase I on a like to like basis)

Now, i am comparing to HH 3-storey semi-D golf facing morning sun unit. Land is only 3311 sft, built up 4213 sft - quite nice but the house itself still not as impressive as EL. I think this is under the Golf, they have some 2 storeys and 3 storeys. The new batches are nicer than the older golf-course facing ones at the Gateway, a lot more windows and larger build up. Now, this house costs 1.3m, everything is absorbed, zero entry costs... but no free aircon and kitchen cabinet. (NOte: The 2 storey golf facing units with 2767 sft built-up costs btw 1055k to 1105k, this can be compared to the Gateway 2 storey golf facing units which i believe was about 900+k? Standard lot size for both 2 storeys n 3 storeys are 2800 sft)

Pay for the golf-course (HH) view, or pay for the nice house (EL)?

I recognise i missed the first wave as i wanted to observe the market a longer time. The houses < 500k has certainly shot up in values. But those above 1m did not actually go up that much... comparing like to like it probably has gone up by 10%... i'm ok with that.

So here i am... justifying why i should shell out money to buy a property in a country i still have no faith with... lol

KNNBCCB
26-11-2010, 08:43 AM
damn pathetic.

Dun go for P1. Still not stable yet..
you will regret....
Still the best is TMnet Streamyx.
no choice...Msia line cannot fight with sg line..

Coolsaint77
26-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi , I am in the mist of sourcing for loan . Anyone can advise which bank give the best offer

Alliance can get 3.95% but lock in 5 years

wiseguy
26-11-2010, 03:04 PM
As you can see i started of as a non-believer. Recently went around looking at properties in JB again. Can feel the vibrant activities around. It seems like a lot of Singaporeans are buying into the second home or weekend home away from home idea. The HH golf course is perpetually busy even on weekdays - i hope it does not get congested eventually.

As i am a Malaysian i don't mind committing on one property. Worst case scenario it becomes my weekend home for long term. If Nusajaya takes off nicely i can just keep it to collect rental for retirement in future. Definitely not for speculative quick gains like in SG.

I'm torn between EL and HH golf-facing semi-D. I want to commit only on one. I simply love the almost 4000 sft double storey build up for EL. Since i am not looking to stay there in the immediate future, i dont mind looking as far as 5 years down the road. MYR1.2m sounds ex but those who have seen the house can understand - it is more than a semi-D. The only entry cost is the bank loan side legal fee + stamp duty about MYR14k in total. Aircon for whole house included, signature kitchen voucher worths 30k, MOT stamp duty and legal fees all absorbed by UEM. (Note: Phase I costs abt 960k to 980k, similar to phase II except it is gated within an area comprising semi-D and terrace ==> higher density. Whereas Phase II costing 1188k is within an area that has only semi-D and bungalows, and the unit sits on the highest ground among all the houses at EL. The fittings and materials are better, according to Sales, but i cannot recall what they gave for Phase I. There is no way i could have committed in Phase I as i feel it is too early to own a property at EL, need to wait a couple of years. Taking into a/c all these factors i value the Phase II at about 10% more ex than Phase I on a like to like basis)

Now, i am comparing to HH 3-storey semi-D golf facing morning sun unit. Land is only 3311 sft, built up 4213 sft - quite nice but the house itself still not as impressive as EL. I think this is under the Golf, they have some 2 storeys and 3 storeys. The new batches are nicer than the older golf-course facing ones at the Gateway, a lot more windows and larger build up. Now, this house costs 1.3m, everything is absorbed, zero entry costs... but no free aircon and kitchen cabinet. (NOte: The 2 storey golf facing units with 2767 sft built-up costs btw 1055k to 1105k, this can be compared to the Gateway 2 storey golf facing units which i believe was about 900+k? Standard lot size for both 2 storeys n 3 storeys are 2800 sft)

Pay for the golf-course (HH) view, or pay for the nice house (EL)?

I recognise i missed the first wave as i wanted to observe the market a longer time. The houses < 500k has certainly shot up in values. But those above 1m did not actually go up that much... comparing like to like it probably has gone up by 10%... i'm ok with that.

So here i am... justifying why i should shell out money to buy a property in a country i still have no faith with... lol

EL obviously has superior quality, finishing, design and spaciousness.

Rental wise, it may face competition from supply in Ujana, 1Medini, Imperia etc in 2-4 yrs.
Agree, it would be popular rental among higher level expats.

But I'm concerned about over supply vs slow growing demands - consider that tenancy target is overly dependant on mainly expats from the Universities.Just my opinion.

Please share your opinion. Thk you.

wiseguy
26-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Heard theres a MAPEX Msian Property Expo this wkd at City Square JB?

Coolsaint77
27-11-2010, 04:57 AM
Hi coolstaint if i were in your shoes, between HH semi-d facing Golf course and EL twin villas, I would not know what to buy. Seriously I was in your shoe just a few months back. What make me give up the idea of EL is the fact that I will most probably be staying with my wife and her parents and EL is pretty far out for older pple. Afterall, as you shd know older pple look for market, supermarket, easy access to amenties and food etc. You drive them to EL they wont be pleased. But if u were to show a professional young couple earning S$10,000 a month or angmo to East Ledang, they wont complain about the lack of amenties or access to supermarket. It is like staying in a GCB in Singapore. I have never heard the owners complain about lack of easy access to food, cos the maid will be the one walking some 30 minute out to the main road to hop into a bus to the supermarket. A few rich expats in Singapore I know of have bought bungalows in HH. A few has bought EL. Between Ang mos and expats, they are equally split between EL and HH. The main benefit of EL is close proximity to 2nd link custom of cos. Now I stay somewhere in Tun Aminah and in the morning, it took me about 15-20 minutes from Tun Aminah to reach the Nusajaya highway exit.. with no traffic condition.. So usually when i reach nusajaya entrance for EL, I will tell myself, if i got a house in EL, I will save 20 minutes to and 20 minutes back daily! But this is life i guess, got pros and cons. I must say if i am sole in Malaysia to stay with my wife and no other old pple, I will buy EL for its close proximity and long term investment in the capital appreciation

Yup... EL is definitely not ideal for now. Hence the added risk - how fast or how well the surrounding development & amenities turn out. For the long term for sure. Well, in fact the difference between HH to EL is barely 10 minutes. Neverthless i've taken the plunge for EL as i simply love the house too much :-p

Coolsaint77
27-11-2010, 04:58 AM
Heard theres a MAPEX Msian Property Expo this wkd at City Square JB?

Yup... they were handing out leaflets at Tuas immigration last night.. but nothing new unless you are interested to explore further hinterland

Coolsaint77
27-11-2010, 05:20 AM

Rental wise, it may face competition from supply in Ujana, 1Medini, Imperia etc in 2-4 yrs.

But I'm concerned about over supply vs slow growing demands - consider that tenancy target is overly dependant on mainly expats from the Universities.Just my opinion.

I share your sentiments. The rental NOW is pretty ok because of limited supply. But as the supply increase it is hard to predict if there will be enough demand to match it.

Basically i do a ballpark estimate of how much it would cost me to buy a piece of land of similar size, build a similar house, at a similar location. At Leisure Farm they are selling bungalow plots at MYR60 psf asking price (about 13000 sft parcel). Hence i estimate the 4050 sft land costs at about MYR200k. The 3800 sft house would cost about S$500k to build in S'pore, hence i assume it costs about MYR500k in Malaysia. ==> Total costs MYR700k. So i am paying MYR500k for being part of the EL development, the convenience of having someone else build the house for me... not forgetting the 500k includes free aircon, 30k signature kitchen voucher, etc.

Obviously it costs the developer a lot less... this is just an estimate for myself

Investor
27-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Alliance can get 3.95% but lock in 5 years

Yup... EL is definitely not ideal for now. Hence the added risk - how fast or how well the surrounding development & amenities turn out. For the long term for sure. Well, in fact the difference between HH to EL is barely 10 minutes. Neverthless i've taken the plunge for EL as i simply love the house too much :-p

Congrats Coolsaint77, so you have bought your semi-d in EL? Mine is type C facing garden of Phase 2. Is yours near the garden?

edm23
28-11-2010, 01:23 AM
Hi wise ones :)

I have been looking around the prices of properties around the Nusajaya area and found that the prices at Leisure Farm seemingly one of the highest. Can anyone share any views on the reason why?

Coolsaint77
28-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Congrats Coolsaint77, so you have bought your semi-d in EL? Mine is type C facing garden of Phase 2. Is yours near the garden?

Hi Investor,
Wow... garden facing!
I am a little late into this so the best available for me is a Type B with the Ledang Heights slope at the back. It is more towards the longish garden.
I believe we are all around the same locality... the elevated ground which is the highest point in the development.

Investor
28-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi Investor,
Wow... garden facing!
I am a little late into this so the best available for me is a Type B with the Ledang Heights slope at the back. It is more towards the longish garden.
I believe we are all around the same locality... the elevated ground which is the highest point in the development.

Hi Coolsaint77,
I also prefer the layout of type A and B, but none of them is beside the garden except the show unit(type B) which was sold. So I have no choice but to get a type C :) I think the 'longish garden' you were referring to is also border of Phase One and Two right?

Investor
28-11-2010, 08:55 AM

I have been looking around the prices of properties around the Nusajaya area and found that the prices at Leisure Farm seemingly one of the highest. Can anyone share any views on the reason why?

Hi edm23,
It depends on which developments you are comparing to, as there are many developments ranging from Top-notch to Budget. Even though I don't know the prices of Leisure Farm, I can still be quite sure that it won't be more expensive than East Ledang and Horizon Hills.

Coolsaint77
28-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi Coolsaint77,
I also prefer the layout of type A and B, but none of them is beside the garden except the show unit(type B) which was sold. So I have no choice but to get a type C :) I think the 'longish garden' you were referring to is also border of Phase One and Two right?

Yes that's the location. Type A has the biggest living cum dining and a very good upstairs layout which accomodates 4 BRs! But the master is slightly smaller. Type B has the most conventional design... on paper it looks as if the dining cum living is smallest among the 5 designs but the showhouse itself feels good sized. No oversized foyer, dry kitchen nicely tucked at the side and not in direct view from living, nice patio at the back, nice huge family area upstairs... I was trying to decide between Type A and B but chose Type B because that is the only morning sun unit available, unless i go for the lower ground units.

Seems to me type C upstairs rooms are the largest. Haha seriously whichever layout does not really matter... all very nice size.

Every time i look at the layouts i have the urge to rethink if i want to change to another unit. I have not exercised my option so i can still change... hahaha

Coolsaint77
28-11-2010, 09:23 AM

One year plus ago i was looking at semi-D at Bayou Water Village, it was 700k plus but i believe the price has gone up. Even at 700k plus i find it ex because the house is rather small. Basically they are selling on lifestyle. I gave up on Bayou water village after finding out the concept does not allow fencing at all... i have a dog so no fencing is a problem for me... at least East Ledang has a small fenced up area

Coolsaint77
28-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Hi edm23,
It depends on which developments you are comparing to, as there are many developments ranging from Top-notch to Budget. Even though I don't know the prices of Leisure Farm, I can still be quite sure that it won't be more expensive than East Ledang and Horizon Hills.

On a psf basis, i think Leisure Farm might be the most expensive. They sell on lifestyle such as the Equestrian School, Polo Club, houses facing the canal (ie water village)... they fix a layer of nice timber over a concrete house... quite nice... You can fix a hammock at the balcony overlooking water... i think it comes with the kitchen cabinets and aircon

Investor
28-11-2010, 09:49 AM

Hi wiseguy,

No worries man, my view is by the end of 2012, demand won't be only from the new populations in New Castle, MDIS, Marlboro College, Maritime Institute, Legoland, Indoor theme park, Traders Hotel and Kota Iskandar. There will definitely be an increase in demand from Singaporeans when they start to know the existence of Nusajaya and visit it.

Comparing this to the investment of a stock counter, we are like the BBs who are collecting it at low price now, by the time news about Nusajaya is out, retailers will rush in with the Herd mentality :)

edm23
28-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi edm23,

Hi Investor,

I think the one that i saw was more on the budget range. Its Bayou Water Village, a strata titled development consisting of Bangalows, Semi Ds and Terrace units. The terrace units are priced at between 535K to 550K with a land area of 1775sqft, built up area is only ard 1475sqft. Compared to those avaliable at HH or EL, the psf seems alot higher and i really dunno if its worth the premium. Also, there isn't much talk about Leisure Farm and its developments anywhere, so wanted to find out if there is any reason why they are priced that way..

Hope bro Wuqi or any of the experienced bros in the forum could share some insights on this.. Thanks in advance!

danteakc
29-11-2010, 01:04 AM
EL is definitely not ideal for now but if its just u and your wife wanting to find a huge house in Malaysia to stay and maintaining a close proximity to Singapore via the 2nd link, its a great buy indeed. Imagine if u work in Tuas somemore and your daily time to work will be like 20-30 minutes. Of course the traffic condition is managable given todays standard. Just try not to go in and out of Sg and jb on weekends.. if u must, try before 6am or after 8pm and traffic should be ideal.. meaning no need to Q for more than 5 minutes.

Just to confirm if I need to be out of JB via tuas 2nd link on weekends morning. I need to leave my place at HH by 6am or reach tuas b4 6am???

Should I worry about traffic on weekdays morning or afternoon via tuas or woodlands? What is the best time to leave HH to SGP in the afternoon on weekdays and weekends?

wuqi256
29-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Hi edm23, i would not recommend Leisure farm for now as they are still struggling with what they actually want to present themselves as. Its now a big mix of property types but they are finally doing something and not just selling bungalow land anymore.

Gelang Patah area is still pretty empty and security is still a concern there. I would say you are better off with EL or HH. This is as the Bayou types are strata title(very restrictive on what you can do as a result), pretty small although for avid fishermen, its a good spot. ;)

wuqi256
29-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Congrats on the purchase of EL! I think you made a good choice there.

wuqi256
29-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Agree, actually the people renting will not only be from the U, there are already starting to be people coming out here whether from SG or from KL for the following:

1. Factories in SiLC
2. Government offices in Kota Iskandar
3. Ports nearby
4. Doctors from the hospital (Columbia Asia)

So potentially, there will be more take up in the immediate area once the U comes up.

wuqi256
29-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Just to confirm if I need to be out of JB via tuas 2nd link on weekends morning. I need to leave my place at HH by 6am or reach tuas b4 6am???

Should I worry about traffic on weekdays morning or afternoon via tuas or woodlands? What is the best time to leave HH to SGP in the afternoon on weekdays and weekends?

Danteakc, welcome to the neighbourhood, you just need to leave by 6am and will be fine if taking the 2nd link at this time.

Outbound to SG on weekday morning, best before 7am and ideally via 2nd link. If you want to use first link, recommend by 5.30am you leave. For afternoon, its smooth traffic outbound to SG by either link except during noon or lunch time when there are more cars.

Coolsaint77
29-11-2010, 06:35 AM
Congrats on the purchase of EL! I think you made a good choice there.

Thanks bro... hope to retire here.

Investor
29-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks bro... hope to retire here.

Hi Coolsaint77,
You are a PR working in Sg right? Are you staying in Johor or Sg?

Investor
29-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi edm23, i would not recommend Leisure farm for now as they are still struggling with what they actually want to present themselves as. Its now a big mix of property types but they are finally doing something and not just selling bungalow land anymore.

Gelang Patah area is still pretty empty and security is still a concern there. I would say you are better off with EL or HH. This is as the Bayou types are strata title(very restrictive on what you can do as a result), pretty small although for avid fishermen, its a good spot. ;)

I also would not recommend Leisure farm at present. Firstly, property's price is all about 'Location', its price psf should therefore be lower than EL based on location but it's higher instead. LF's psf is definitely over priced now as compared to EL or HH. LF's location has a chance to become comparable to EL when they open an entrance via future Medini, but there's no guarantee that it will happen.

Secondly, its security is not as good as EL and HH. I'm not talking about the capabiliies of the guards, but the security system used. Eg, EL has top notch system with anti climbing and anti cutting perimeter fence, plus CCTV capturing whole perimeter. Panick button links to guard house and police post which is just outside of EL. LF has normal fence which can be climbed over easily without the guards knowing.

Investor
29-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Ledang Heights is fully sold, after witnessing the security system used by East Ledang, they pay to upgrade their security system to the same one used by East Ledang and they are in the midst of the upgrade.

HH, in future, will have 3 layers of securities, I think a burglar would rather choose other easier targets than HH.

Coolsaint77
29-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi Coolsaint77,
You are a PR working in Sg right? Are you staying in Johor or Sg?

On a trial basis, had been staying in Nusa Idaman for 1.5 years.

Just went to survey the site at EL again before i exercise my option next Monday. The only concern i have is really how tall is the slope at the back (Ledang Height's side) Had a careful look and i think my house's upstairs will be level with Ledang Heights ground level, there are a couple of bungalows at the back so its not a piece of jungle. Compared to if i were to pick a unit with a back-to-back house, i guess it is still better.

Went through the 4 layouts again just to be sure. Your timing is very good to get a type C, i think they build only 6 units and it has the best facing. Apart from type C i am now convinced type B has the best layout. Ok.. so i will not change my selection :)

Investor
29-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Haha alright man, congrats again on getting a house you love so much :)

wiseguy
29-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I share your sentiments. The rental NOW is pretty ok because of limited supply. But as the supply increase it is hard to predict if there will be enough demand to match it

Hi,

I have 2 linked duplex from Phase 1, EL.
Thats why contemplating to purchase #3 at Phase 7, EL

danteakc
29-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Danteakc, welcome to the neighbourhood, you just need to leave by 6am and will be fine if taking the 2nd link at this time.

Outbound to SG on weekday morning, best before 7am and ideally via 2nd link. If you want to use first link, recommend by 5.30am you leave. For afternoon, its smooth traffic outbound to SG by either link except during noon or lunch time when there are more cars.

you meant even on weekends I need to reach tuas 2nd link by 6am to leave JB to SGP? That is alot of traffic for ppl leaving JB to SGP.

This is a tried and tested experience, did a stupid thing today, DO NOT LEAVE JB at 1st link after 4pm. I got jam from JB all the way to woodlands for 2 hrs. Talk about traffic jams. It is a battle of near misses and kisses on both rears and front.

wuqi256
29-11-2010, 02:52 PM
you meant even on weekends I need to reach tuas 2nd link by 6am to leave JB to SGP? That is alot of traffic for ppl leaving JB to SGP.

This is a tried and tested experience, did a stupid thing today, DO NOT LEAVE JB at 1st link after 4pm. I got jam from JB all the way to woodlands for 2 hrs. Talk about traffic jams. It is a battle of near misses and kisses on both rears and front.

No, i meant leaving your home as in your physical house? My neighbours do just that and they have been doing that even before i moved in.

Yes, that is bad, before 4pm is still ok but after will be bad.

wuqi256
29-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Ledang Heights is fully sold, after witnessing the security system used by East Ledang, they pay to upgrade their security system to the same one used by East Ledang and they are in the midst of the upgrade.

HH, in future, will have 3 layers of securities, I think a burglar would rather choose other easier targets than HH.

They need to upgrade LH fast as we had several prospective tenants coming over to scout and rent(all caucasians). They were robbed while staying there. At least now they (LH) care to do something, thats the most important thing.

Coolsaint77
29-11-2010, 03:28 PM
They need to upgrade LH fast as we had several prospective tenants coming over to scout and rent(all caucasians). They were robbed while staying there. At least now they (LH) care to do something, thats the most important thing.

They should trim the bushes beside the roads within Ledang Heights too. UEM simply have too much land! I sympathise with the Ledang Heights bungalow occupants. It is pretty scary to be staying within such a huge land with so low density... its like... maybe 30 to 40 bungalows within 200 acres of land... the trouble is the boundary is so huge it would cost a bomb to protect the perimeter especially the boundary with the highway.

GivenSingaporeanMalay
29-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread for quite sometimes and found very interesting, since I cannot find any other similar website like this, I decided to join the discussion. But unfortunately, I don't have anything valuable to contribute yet. Please bear with me for now. I will post if there is any development from my side. Thank you.

I'm Singaporean Malay, (with young kids below 10 years old) going to hold Malaysian Citizenship someday. I've applied Malaysian Citizenship via my dad who is a Malaysian citizen and still holding onto Singapore PR.

I really gave up hope living and staying as Singapore Citizen. Living in HDB flat, most of often than not, I've seen foreigner happy faces working and enjoying living among themselves.

Future employment? Dare not to think anymore, Itís end of the road.

So now I will be heading to Malaysia for future as well as retirement. The problem is; I will drive in and out to Singapore to ferry my wife to the nearest MRT and for my kid to school as well.

If you do not mind to tell or share with me, I have some questions to ask about buying a property in HH.

1. Is HH property still available?
2. Since my budget is limited not more than MYR 320k, is there a price list below MYR320?
3. I wonder if I am eligible under Bumis if so, is bumis lot limited?
4. How is the monthly maintenance fee like?
5. I also understand that driving MY car into Singapore is restricted to number of days, subsequent entry is payable. Since my SG license will be converted into international license issued by Malaysian authority, Can I still drive SG plate car into Singapore?

In the meantime, this is all I have in mind. If you have any additional information, kindly share with me/the rest of us.

Thank you in advanced.

Kind regards;
GivenUpHopeSingaporeanMalay :)

Stevewish
30-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Hi Friends,

I'm considering of buying a 3 storey Shop-office and intend to rent out in future. Please advice. Thank you.:)

Batok Seri
30-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi Guys,
In the meantime, this is all I have in mind. If you have any additional information, kindly share with me/the rest of us.

Thank you in advanced.

Kind regards;
GivenUpHopeSingaporeanMalay :)

1. Yes. But house ready only in 2 years time. Within yr budget would be link or terrace houses in Golf precinct.
2. Bumi lots start from 300k for intermediate terrace.
3. You may be eligible for Bumi Malaysian status if one of your parents are Malaysian Malay Muslim. Bumi lots are limited. Priced lower but you can only re-sell to bumi. Take up for bumi lots for high-end devt like HH is slightly slower.
4. RM250. But includes social membership (no golf but can swim)

5. Sorry can't help here.

Boleh PM me if you need further help.
cheers,

Coolsaint77
30-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Invest in security films for your car windows so that robbers cannot come side by side u and smash your car windows. Also u can be assured that they cant smash your windows if u park outside JUSCO etc

Hey not true. This year 2 WRXs got smashed on the same day outside Jusco Bukit Indah, seems like they came from Pasir Gudang track and someone wanted to steal some track device from their cars. Can't locate the news clip but its in this forum. They did this in broad daylight in front of security, but they were so fast that security could do nothing.

My car got smashed window outside Carrefour Sutera Mall in broad daylight, despite the mgt claim they have 4 security guards patrolling

The thing is, never leave any bags in your car.

Stevewish
30-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi Friends,

Any advice for purchasing 3-storey shop-house? Thank you

Stevewish
01-12-2010, 01:10 AM
As a foreigner, can only purchase 3 storey shophouse. Most asking price >RM 1 mil even for non prime area in contruction stage!:mad: What will be the better price to pay without geting burn? thanks for advice:)

Coolsaint77
01-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Hi Coolstaint I think you mistook my security films for cars as security guards. I have never trusted security guards. What i meant is to invest thoe protective security films on your car windows which can withstand smashes and impact to your car window. Its a huge step to prevent robbers from smashing your car windows.

Security guards? Well I have never trusted them even in Singapore! Best to survive in JB if u want to go shopping and park your car is to install cameras, protective films on your windows, bring valuables down, drive simple cars etc. Some money cannot be saved. As we all know smashing car windows to steal in Malaysia is as common as our Singapore notorious lift robberies.

Hi Dapbest
I meant to warn the danger of leaving things in car irregardless of location. In fact after my incident i immediately installed anti-shatter film and tinted it as far as possible to permissible darkness.

Investor
01-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Good news on TV just now, S'pore and M'sia's joint venture project in Iskandar Malaysia is expected to be launched in coming May! S'pore has been sending ppl over to Iskandar region for research and study of the plan.

GivenSingaporeanMalay
01-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi my friend, you dont have to contribute anything here. We will be glad with share with you anything that we can contribute and share. Pls do see my replies in brackets

Hi DAPBEST,

Thank you very much providing me effortless information.

Cheers!

GivenSingaporeanMalay
01-12-2010, 06:04 PM
1. Yes. But house ready only in 2 years time. Within yr budget would be link or terrace houses in Golf precinct.
2. Bumi lots start from 300k for intermediate terrace.
3. You may be eligible for Bumi Malaysian status if one of your parents are Malaysian Malay Muslim. Bumi lots are limited. Priced lower but you can only re-sell to bumi. Take up for bumi lots for high-end devt like HH is slightly slower.
4. RM250. But includes social membership (no golf but can swim)

5. Sorry can't help here.

Boleh PM me if you need further help.
cheers,

Hi Batok Seri,

Thanks to you too.

Last month I applied for Malaysian Citizenship via my dad who is Malaysian Malay citizen. If once my Malaysian citizenship application approve, am I eligible for Bumis?

I intend to buy for myself and my wife in preparing for old age as well as for my Singaporeans children future to take over once I'm dead or my wife or both of us. You know lah in Singapore, not enough money plus CPF (sama as EPF) where are they going to live, right? At least they have permanent roof over their head in JB.

I like semi-D cluster houses, but not sure what are the starting price and how many percent discounted for Bumis (if I am eligible).

No golf is totally fine, at least got swimming pool still not so bad.
I also understand grocery prices vary from places to places, is that true?

We can PM later, meantime, let's share more information so that others who are like me can gain some information as well.

Thank you again and have a nice day ahead.

Cheers!

wahlaneh
01-12-2010, 10:40 PM
wahlaneh...
next time got MRT train direct to Ah Fook Kai liao.:D
"dingdong...next stop johor bahru..."

wahlaneh
01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
mas selamat kastari must be laughing in his cell now.:D
"train is coming...train is coming..."
also regretted at the same time: "alamak, should tell me earlier mah then no need to swim across...";)

Investor
02-12-2010, 12:48 AM
I cant believe it! A Rapid system is gota connect Singapore directly to Nusajaya 10 years down the road.

Directly to Nusajaya? Where can I find that news dapbest? Thanks a lot.

Investor
02-12-2010, 04:28 AM
sorry i read it somewhere once even though its not finalised. its just a proposal as of now.. but surely the train will stop at tanjong puteri according to the report.

But there are talks of water taxis and ferry terminals being set up linking puteri harbour to singapore directly. the strait is the narrowest between singapore and malaysia so several years down the road, it shd materalise

Ok lets buy a fleet of motorized boats and offer our Budget Crossing and Budget Straits Cruising services ;D

Investor
02-12-2010, 04:30 AM
sorry i read it somewhere once even though its not finalised. its just a proposal as of now.. but surely the train will stop at tanjong puteri according to the report.

But there are talks of water taxis and ferry terminals being set up linking puteri harbour to singapore directly. the strait is the narrowest between singapore and malaysia so several years down the road, it shd materalise

Oh yah, where is Tanjong Puteri? Is it Puteri Harbour?

<fud>
02-12-2010, 04:48 AM
Hi Coolstaint I think you mistook my security films for cars as security guards. I have never trusted security guards. What i meant is to invest thoe protective security films on your car windows which can withstand smashes and impact to your car window. Its a huge step to prevent robbers from smashing your car windows.

Security guards? Well I have never trusted them even in Singapore! Best to survive in JB if u want to go shopping and park your car is to install cameras, protective films on your windows, bring valuables down, drive simple cars etc. Some money cannot be saved. As we all know smashing car windows to steal in Malaysia is as common as our Singapore notorious lift robberies.

Hi dapbest, where to get such protective security films for cars?

Does film prevent windows from breaking or just hold the broken pieces together?

Thanks. :)

wiseguy
02-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Oh yah, where is Tanjong Puteri? Is it Puteri Harbour?

Tanjung Puteri is slightly east of JB, seems it is under land reclamation?

Coolsaint77
02-12-2010, 03:00 PM

Does film prevent windows from breaking or just hold the broken pieces together?

These are know as anti-shatter films. It prevents glass from shattering. Repeated hammering will still break through the glass in less than a minute, but this is still better than unprotected windows which can be broken and things stolen in less than 10 seconds.

wuqi256
02-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Ok guys so heres the deal on a few things:

Puteri Harbour CIQ - Ferry terminal for visitors from SG, very likely to materialise. It will be 5-9 minutes away from places like EH, LH, HH and LF.

The Puteri harbour condos they are now selling have the CIQ in their plans and is built around it.

Solar film is definitely doable, (i did for one car, brand is ice something, whole care less than 540 RM, another car i used Vcool, its about 800RM)but security type ones best to do it in SG or else do it when you ARE ONSITE rather than let them persuade you to go for coffee.

Just wait and see what they use. There should be some kind of sticker as well as warranty card for the good ones. There are bad hats here, just stay clear of those identified as bad and you will be fine.

wuqi256
02-12-2010, 06:23 PM
It will be at Puteri Harbour area:

http://www.jurunilai.com.my/websitearticle/iskandarmalaysiathesoutherndevelopmentcorridor2.ht ml

Map:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:QtjvEZBAE5oJ:www.nusajayacity.com/images/map_puteri_NJ.pdf+puteri+harbour+ciq&hl=en&gl=my&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESj6s9cgp8CoGHWPZC-vG_NHUnhO2wNd4yPpp_iI_Svdne8DJcZ9OcJqIwsdMPOqSC-YYfUL984exlUIceTWM0FlkW01NkjxRctxEuOjv_HFSkNm8AkyF gnAhmPMegUGfNrynTjJ&sig=AHIEtbSSllL4Z85Ew-RzkXfHkKQPKsePOw

Wan Abdullah said its high-end residential projects, East Ledang and Horizon Hills, a joint venture between UEM Land and Gamuda Bhd, had attracted a large number of foreign buyers.

“Foreigners made up of 65% and 45% of the buyers at East Ledang and Horizon Hills respectively and the projects have recorded a good take-up rate,’’ he said.

He said UEM Land would sign a contract with the Federal Government this year to build a housing project for the latter’s staff based in Kota Iskandar.

Wan Abdullah said it would also submit a proposal to the Federal Government to build the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine complex (CIQ) at Puteri Harbour.

He said the CIQ Puteri would facilitate visitors coming to Johor Baru from Singapore using water taxis and ferries from nearby islands in the Riau Archipelago such as Bintan and Batam.

Wan Abdullah said the CIQ Puteri would also provide similar facilities for boaters and yachters from all over the world to moor their vessels.

Meanwhile, Iskandar Regional Development Authority chief executive officer Harun Johari said investment in Iskandar Malaysia would be largely driven by the private sector.

Source:
http://www.dangabay.com/en/media-centre/press-room/62-nusajaya-progressing-well-despite-economic-glut

wuqi256
02-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Yes Investor, it is at Puteri Harbour. :)

wuqi256
02-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Think we are too late to start a ferry service, there are already ferry operators in the midst of bidding to do it.

Next time, houses in the area here will be easily reachable by ferry on top of your ubiquitous car and bus services like the CW3.

Whats4
03-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Once u purchase, its quite difficult to rent it out now. Cos the supply is literally flooded while demand is not really there. To be frank, the economy of the entire Johor state is probably 10 times smaller than Singapore even though Johor is 50 times bigger than Singapore. So the demand of shophouses will never outstrip the supply. But if u must buy, look out for Nusa Bestari 2 or Sutera Utama side.. Good prospect but capital appreciate is limited as it has already appreciated 100%.

I will still advise you against buying a shoplot. If u got spare cash, drive to East ledang side and see if there are any more apartments to buy and rent to students of the universities.

even for biz purpose not advisable?

Stevewish
03-12-2010, 02:34 AM

Hi,

As mentioned, rental is "peanut", that also means the cost of business is very low and shall favour business.:)

very low rental+cheap labour+cheap materials = > higher profit margin ?

No risk no gain

wuqi256
03-12-2010, 04:17 AM

The Danga Utama shop lot site near Carrefour was sold out when we went back there to check a few hours later. Rental for shops is actually very lucrative but we are too late to buy now as the prices are now 1 plus million for most places worth buying. Commercial property prices are too high now, jacking up rental for most people.

Residential property is still ok, especially in the area near the universities, etc.

Investor
03-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks Wuqi, dapbest and wiseguy for your replies :)

Thanks for the link Wuqi, now I'm thinking of getting 1 or 2 more terraces again ;)

wuqi256
03-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Ok, just heard the news from excited relatives who came by today, i first heard of the proposal being mooted but now it seems its confirmed the MRT will be connecting to here in 8 years time?

Haven't been watching the news lately, is it really confirmed or still just a proposal?

Old news from May.
http://ansek.tchmachines.com/~smpmlrpd/viewtopic.php?p=249345&highlight=&sid=20f349b05298a9e5e90452cbe7571c9c

wiseguy
04-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Land reclamation is planned at the tjg puteri area, which is 10km east of jb town, to facilitate site of the mrt station development. Thk u

Coolsaint77
04-12-2010, 03:04 AM
Hi investor have u checked out the market rate for rentals of semi ds and terraces in HH and East Ledang?

I was told by the sales that a semi-d in Horizon hills currently can fetch between rm6000-rm8000+ a month. Monthly instalment is probably rm3000+. And we are talking about a 7-9% yield in this instance. Not sure if there are actually units being rented out for this rate as I am still checking things out.

Hope bro wuqi can further advise on the rental condition

For EL... i hear varying info... someone put out an ad to rent out a corner unit semi-D with 6300 sft land for just MYR5500 per month, that house must have costs at least 1.3m (phase 1)... at the same time i was told someone rented out a furnished semi-D for MYR7500 p/mth? I think the current rental for EL might not be good due to unavailability of amenities.

Investor
04-12-2010, 03:37 AM
Ok, just heard the news from excited relatives who came by today, i first heard of the proposal being mooted but now it seems its confirmed the MRT will be connecting to here in 8 years time?

Haven't been watching the news lately, is it really confirmed or still just a proposal?

Old news from May.
http://ansek.tchmachines.com/~smpmlrpd/viewtopic.php?p=249345&highlight=&sid=20f349b05298a9e5e90452cbe7571c9c

I've recorded the news, it said in Mandarin, "When Railway(MRT or whatever) linking to Malaysia completes in 2018, there will be a common CIQ."

Investor
04-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Hi investor have u checked out the market rate for rentals of semi ds and terraces in HH and East Ledang?

I was told by the sales that a semi-d in Horizon hills currently can fetch between rm6000-rm8000+ a month. Monthly instalment is probably rm3000+. And we are talking about a 7-9% yield in this instance. Not sure if there are actually units being rented out for this rate as I am still checking things out.

Hope bro wuqi can further advise on the rental condition

For EL, terraces bought at RM4xx,xxx are rented out at RM3xxx/mth.(Not rumour, one of our fellow forummer achieved that).

For semi-d in EL, based on the same rental yield, rental should be around RM6xxx/mth.

Rental rates depends on many other factors, above rates are just achievable guideline.

Investor
04-12-2010, 05:07 AM
Being ignorant in this case?

Being uninformed and thinking that all proposed projects will materialized without factoring all risks involved. Yes, that's being ignorant.

Trying to avoid being labeled as ignorant and thus assuming that all projects will not materialize. Yes, that's being equally ignorant, on the other extreme.

I don't think anyone here is ignorant. Supporters, like dapbest, knows that not all projects will succeed, skeptics like Myo said "Just be cautious. We can still hope". No one here is an extremist. Are you?

Investor
04-12-2010, 05:11 AM
Hi Coolsaint,

Have you confirmed your EL Semi-D yet? :)

wuqi256
04-12-2010, 05:15 AM
hi wuqi, i have just checked online and found that Tanjong puteri is actually inside Stulang laut area right next to the new CIQ. Puteri Harbour and TAnjong putueri are actually two different places. The mrt will now lead to tanjong puteri for sure ( its just like our bus 160/170 ) and it will occur in 5-10 years time.

A MRT leading into Nusajaya is inside the proposal but i am not sure if its 100% confirmed.

Yes, there are going to be multiple CIQs, someone just sent me this:

1. Woodlands (Land access, causeway)
2. Tuas (Land access through bridge)
3. Tanjong Puteri (Land access through train)
4. Puteri Harbour (Access from the sea through ferry)

wuqi256
04-12-2010, 05:18 AM
Agree, just ignore, there are some people are still adamant that 50 year once in a year flash floods will never occur in Singapore even if it has already occured multiple times in a single year.

wuqi256
04-12-2010, 05:22 AM
Oh yes, it is being rented out at this rate currently, even i was surprised. This rate is unheard of.

A subtle change occured in the local mindset recently from what i can see. Exactly one year ago, contractors coming to fix and install stuff were telling me not to buy here, its over priced, etc etc. It will never go up, it will depreciate immediately, etc.

Now the same guy, in fact even amongst his colleagues are all saying, they should have bought at least one.

wuqi256
04-12-2010, 05:24 AM
In HH, a friend of mine rented out his semi-d to a Singaporean family for $5500 but his immediate neighbour rented out his to a KL family for $7500 and that family transformed the place into some kind of mini palace with bali style furnishings.

$7500, that is some good rental yield.

wuqi256
04-12-2010, 05:26 AM
Even with just 1 development coming up or just the highway materializing, this neighbourhood would be worth more than current. This one is for sure.

Just how much more is the debatable topic.

Investor
04-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Exactly one year ago, contractors coming to fix and install stuff were telling me not to buy here, its over priced, etc etc. It will never go up, it will depreciate immediately, etc.

Now the same guy, in fact even amongst his colleagues are all saying, they should have bought at least one.

They will have deeper regret another year later when Nusajaya comes to life.

LKY's comment about S'poreans being ignorant(uninformed, unaware, lack of knowledge) is indeed correct, so many are not even aware of the progress of their closest neighbor, let alone seizing any potential opportunity.

Coolsaint77
04-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Hi Coolsaint,

Have you confirmed your EL Semi-D yet? :)

Not yet, how about sell me one of your Type C you have 3 units right :-p

Next Monday signing S&P. Beginner's luck... went down again last Thu to survey site and turned up one buyer returned a unit Type B. It is facing the slim garden instead of having a house right beside... i swapped to this unit since it will have its whole stretch facing the slim slim garden, and this unit is not at the boundary

Investor
04-12-2010, 06:12 AM
For Semi-D, I only have one. The other two are terraces of Phase 7 :) I'm thinking of getting 1 or 2 more terraces, will be going to Nusajaya with a friend tomorrow.

Investor
04-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Not yet, how about sell me one of your Type C you have 3 units right :-p

Next Monday signing S&P. Beginner's luck... went down again last Thu to survey site and turned up one buyer returned a unit Type B. It is facing the slim garden instead of having a house right beside... i swapped to this unit since it will have its whole stretch facing the slim slim garden, and this unit is not at the boundary

By the way, you have to take note of the location of an electrical room in Phase 2. Standing on Phase 2 and facing Phase 1, the electrical room is located on the right hand corner between Phase 1 and Phase 2. Your resale value will be affected because many people will choose not to have an electrical room next to their house.

wuqi256
04-12-2010, 09:25 AM
By the way, you have to take note of the location of an electrical room in Phase 2. Standing on Phase 2 and facing Phase 1, the electrical room is located on the right hand corner between Phase 1 and Phase 2. Your resale value will be affected because many people will choose not to have an electrical room next to their house.

Astute observation, best to avoid those with high power lines, transformer rooms or electrical power related buildings for health reasons

Coolsaint77
04-12-2010, 09:55 AM

To be honest i missed this. If i am standing on phase 2 and facing phase 1, i am towards the left corner... ie towards the Ledang Heights side. I hope i'm quite a distance away?

Coolsaint77
04-12-2010, 10:00 AM
For Semi-D, I only have one. The other two are terraces of Phase 7 :) I'm thinking of getting 1 or 2 more terraces, will be going to Nusajaya with a friend tomorrow.

I somehow have the feeling smaller units will have a better investment return per investment dollar... up to the max size of semi-D

Investor
04-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Astute observation, best to avoid those with high power lines, transformer rooms or electrical power related buildings for health reasons

Yes, I've googled about this before.

Investor
04-12-2010, 10:41 AM
To be honest i missed this. If i am standing on phase 2 and facing phase 1, i am towards the left corner... ie towards the Ledang Heights side. I hope i'm quite a distance away?

Yes no problem at all, the units affected are those right beside the electrical room.

Investor
04-12-2010, 10:47 AM
I somehow have the feeling smaller units will have a better investment return per investment dollar... up to the max size of semi-D

I think so too because price psf of terrace in EL is lowest compared to semi-d and bungalow. So more room left for upside.

wiseguy
04-12-2010, 01:16 PM
To clarify, land reclamation is earmarked at Tjg Puteri to site the MRT station development - in addition to the reclaimed coast stretch along Jln Sultan Ibrahim.

Stevewish
04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi Friends,

Is it true that foreigner is eligible to purchase maximum of TWO residential lot?
Please advice.

Actually someone mentioned, Setia build budget home, but after checking their past few years history on property price, I doubt so. Their selling prices have never "budget" or cheap. Perhaps, it's compared to high end housing or >10 years ago pricing.

Setia Tropical has left one unit land 28 X 85 terrace (very BIG terrace (not corner: normal type land area 20 X 70), build-up never check. The location is very very near to NS highway. The future highway will bypass current Tebrau ( always jam currently) so driving will take 10min at most from causeway CIQ.
Price quoted RM 518k~568K( price cannot confirm but was told within).

Please advice whether it 's a good buy. Thank you.

danteakc
04-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Can google for Wingard at Singapore near Jurong east. Cost is $1500 for all windows. Or can try Llumar at Kakit Bukit same price. However look out for tensile strength n break point. Llumar so far has best points with it's titanium series. Very black Flim. Not LTA friendly. Diamond series exp but LTA friendly. I'm getting Llumar at Taman Molek titanium series as JB is famous for breaking into windows when there is bags or gauges that can be seen from window.
Also take note front screen already equipped with thick glass so not recommended to paste however the side windows are a must! Gdluck

danteakc
04-12-2010, 02:10 PM
All flims are meant to delay protrusion never meant to stop unless u install thicker flims which literally get the window stuck n unable to wind down. The best solution is to prevent green eye monstor. Keep bags n gauges hidden.

wuqi256
04-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Since you have highlighted my name, pray point out what kind of vested interest i may have?

You have done so consistently from day one with claims to have superior knowledge about JB, i do not make that claim. I only share my experience.

Again, no one needs to take instruction from me or even your good learned self how they want to do things and spend their hard earned money, they are all adults and know what is right or wrong without needing to cast asperations or insult people at every turn.

I do not profit and those who had PM me and corresponded will know better. Its always been about living in JB and not investing in JB, my properties here are for my own use and i have never approached anyone for sale, etc.

I have also written back to people on my own time or in the middle of the night when they wanted some feedback, etc.

I am glad your stance has remained unchanged(good for you!) as its a good source of reminder but the even the locals here now are starting or already have adapted to a very different view.

"I have friends who dare not drive to Johore till today!" - Good for you and your friends, like what folks here have pointed out, lesser jams for everyone.

wuqi256
04-12-2010, 04:18 PM
"Tell that to the ordinary Malaysians - they say you are stupid, if not crazy!"

Actually, that is old news.

They no longer say you are crazy, the guy who came to my place one year ago said did say that. The same guy who just came to install new aircon for my 2nd living room now says he should have bought.

Just like the same guys who scoffed at shoplots sold at 600k in the past at Nusa Bestari, until today still cannot believe it. My neighbour in fact just had a conversation with me about this 3 days back and he is local and going house hunting now.

wuqi256
04-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Some of my learned friends will agree with that, again no investment is 100% secure though.

Leongsam
04-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi Friends,

Is it true that foreigner is eligible to purchase maximum of TWO residential lot?
Please advice.

Please advice whether it 's a good buy. Thank you.Should be "Please ADVISE.".

"Advice" is a noun.

wuqi256
04-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi Stevewish, you can get as much as you wish, banks though will stop lending at the 3rd property. Setia is ok but only selected places are worth buying.

wuqi256
04-12-2010, 05:16 PM
"Forummers like Wuqi are doing a good job sharing their real life experiences living there. Very noble indeed - if it is without vested interest!"

Oh of course you don't, you are perfect and never insult others. You are not superior sounding, know it all and have never claim to have superior experience. (past houses, floods in less than 50 years) You have never cast asperations on others too as you are just trying to help everyone here realise that there is no world outside of Singapore, we will just die and wilt outside.

Oh yes, floods only in JB and nowhere else. Shophouses in JB all are still built on stilts and only single storey. The roofs must still be made of attap too!! :D

Twisting? I leave that to the others to decide. I for sure have moved on, to JB.
Thank you. :D

euphony
05-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Myo:

I will say this once and will not reply to your further posts if you so choose. Also, I don't have a bone to pick with you either just replying to things you've posted. I think you have valid concerns in fact all of us who decided to shift to JB have had these exact same concerns. But the thing is we try to adapt and find ways to get around these. That shows the true human potential no? These concerns are not an end to itself. Else nobody will live in Alaska for the cold and dreary sunless piece of land, nobody will live in HK for the compact and tight living quarters and the list goes on.

Talk about floods what of Bukit Timah? Surely people are still staying put even after the death of their hyper expensive drowned cars. The same place has seen termite infested days too according to my colleague who was a victim. All factors considered we've made our peace and are secretly enjoying our decision. Its good to practice discretion and as the Chinese saying goes '3 thoughts' however, but exercise too much caution to the point of paranoia means most often missing the last boat.

I teach and this is the same thing I tell my students - chart out your own path rather than just follow the nice and trodden path then you'll be ahead and leading the followers rather than be another follower which incidentally is one of the major reasons why SG has so few entrepreneurs because of the 'risks' perceived.

Actually I am not trying to convince you to come over to JB actually that's not my point at all but to point out the intricacies of the thought process for I am not without fault either, my view is definitely biased since I am talking to you from the 'dark' side. haha. cheers and let's have a cuppa and enjoy the Sunny Sunday afternoon fellow formers.

edm23
05-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Just ignore him. This thread is not here to compare the two countries, it is for the sharing of useful information. Don't get sidetracked.

People with his mentality will always create trouble.

Hey bros and friends, as bro ManBearPig62 has rightfully pointed out, let us not sidetrack from the objective of this thread. We are all here to find out and share information about "Living in JB", let us realign our discussions back towards Wuqi's original intend of starting this thread shall we? Peace to all :)

Let me start the ball rolling, i went down to HH yesterday to have a look... There are some serious activities and action going on within the development.. Its my first trip to HH and i have to say it is very impressive indeed! Very envious of all that went in early, the prices have went up by quite a fair bit since a year or two ago.

I think business must be really good coz the sales person that was serving me and my wife can't really be bothered to make my stay an impressionable one. I was made to follow him in my car and he was driving so fast that i have problem catching up with him! He didn't really provide me with much information abt the units that we went to, once we reached, he will just leave us alone to walk about. When we reached the Fairway Suites showroom, he didn't even go in with us?? Just showed us the door and lighted a cigerette... Does anyone have similar experience? Any bros here have better sales person to recommend?

edm23
05-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Hi bros, i am now shopping around for a mortage loan. Would like to find out your opinions and views on loans that are structured around BLR Vs FDR.

From what i understand, EXN BXXk is the only bank offering it now. At first impression, the FDR seems to be better as its 1% + FD rates and logically FD rates should be more stable vs BLR. However after comparing BLR and FDR, it seems that the BLR - 2.3% deals seems to yield a better deal between 2000 onwards largely. Any comments or views?

Funds Transfer
05-12-2010, 04:56 AM
Headlines in The New Paper on Sunday; December 5, 2010

LEAVING IN FEAR

Victim who lost 3 fingers in savage slashing flees Singapore after attackers' release from detention.

Helpless dad fears for son's life, relocates family to 'neighbouring country'.

Is the place safer than Singapore?

See Page 6.

Coolsaint77
05-12-2010, 05:52 AM
...I think business must be really good coz the sales person that was serving me and my wife can't really be bothered to make my stay an impressionable one. I was made to follow him in my car and he was driving so fast that i have problem catching up with him! He didn't really provide me with much information abt the units that we went to, once we reached, he will just leave us alone to walk about. When we reached the Fairway Suites showroom, he didn't even go in with us?? Just showed us the door and lighted a cigerette... Does anyone have similar experience? Any bros here have better sales person to recommend?

Haha so far i met 2 sales person, one Malay guy and another Indian lady. Both seems to be laid back and not keen to "sell". On the 3rd try i met this girl Shinyi who brought me to view the houses. She is a little more keen... and she told me she was hoping to win the top salesperson award so she hopes i could help her... lol... she is not great but certainly better than the rest

Coolsaint77
05-12-2010, 05:55 AM
I have friends who dare not drive to Johore till today!

Sure or not Bro Myo369? Maybe your friend is already staying INSIDE Johor?

To be honest i still do encounter people who dare not drive to JB. There are also friends who think JB houses should not be more than 100-200k. I might invite them to my house when it is ready in 2 years time... see if they still think it is worth 100-200k... :)

Batok Seri
05-12-2010, 07:21 AM
I think business must be really good coz the sales person that was serving me and my wife can't really be bothered to make my stay an impressionable one. I was made to follow him in my car and he was driving so fast that i have problem catching up with him! He didn't really provide me with much information abt the units that we went to, once we reached, he will just leave us alone to walk about. When we reached the Fairway Suites showroom, he didn't even go in with us?? Just showed us the door and lighted a cigerette... Does anyone have similar experience? Any bros here have better sales person to recommend?

I got similar detached treatment from a Adda Heights Chinese sales guy while an Indian East Ledang rep was very professional and followed up closely. So its hardly a race thing.

Experience with Tophills sales folks (rent and resale) was also hit and miss. A few don't answer phones while others don't respond promptly.

Things go at a different pace here.
Don't take it personally.

wuqi256
05-12-2010, 10:38 AM
You know what, i don't even want to bother replying anymore as its a gross waste of time.

Maybe i misunderstood but your continuing twisting and turning here is apparent to all but i shall digress here but just like your masters, you clearly think too little of the fellow Singaporeans here.

wuqi256
05-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Ok edm, i actually asked a few learned friends here, the locals take on it, out of 5, 3-4 will still look at FD rates for loans.

toyohon
05-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Bro Wuqi
It take all kinds to have a "balance" in this world. Its good to have contrasting views to "remind" us once in a while though it can be irritating once cynicism sets in. Let's just focus and continue the sharing / discussion.;)

wuqi256
05-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Sorry to hear edm, its all due to the rumour and scare mongering that has been going on for far too long. Even i was a victim of it but its not too late, there are other properties to consider.

For HH, you may be a bit late though, their sales folks attitudes have changed a bit, it used to be much better as they will take us around, etc in their vehicle. You should make a complain though about this, regardless whether you are going to buy or not.

I guess their sales figures must be doing ok, my dad just told me my learned neighbours friends from Aussieland are here today to discuss about properties here.

Even another learned friend, a very polite local here told me just the other day he will get a unit at the Golf. He just messenged me just now about it, seems the folks here are really moving as well.

wuqi256
05-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Coolsaint, unfortunately no one looks down on Singaporeans more than those in the civil service and their own countrymen. Hence the need to import FTs by the truckload every day.

Those in the govt service couldn't care less as they are not in the private sector so they are probably still safe, at least for now.

First they came for the poor, and I did not speak out--
because I was not poor;
Then they came for the those in the MNCs, and I did not speak out--
because I was not in any MNC;
Then they came for those in the SMEs, and I did not speak out--
because I was not in any SME;
Then they came for those new graduates, and I did not speak out--
because I was holding on to my job;

Then they came for me--
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

wuqi256
05-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Bro Wuqi
It take all kinds to have a "balance" in this world. Its good to have contrasting views to "remind" us once in a while though it can be irritating once cynicism sets in. Let's just focus and continue the sharing / discussion.;)

Oh the other side of the coin is welcomed! What is not is either folks criticizing or making personal attacks or doubting people's intentions and then editing out their post when people replied or caught them out. Then when they cannot reply or stuck, they will just do the government "move on" routine that everyone is so tired of these days.

When its once or twice, i don't even care but do it too often and its hitting below the belt and starts to get personal. I didn't even mention both Johore and JB first but someone had to and once i pointed that out as he was referring to life over the otherside, then its time to do the point fingers, twist plus "confuse the issue time"

Thanks for the reminder though, i don't even want/bother to reply on this now.

wuqi256
05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Ok, the slashing part is really scary, seems there are lots of slashing crime all over lately.

wuqi256
05-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks euphony, there are always different arguments and all are welcome as this is just a discussion on the next steps as we all need to plan ahead long term.

Even if things over here don't take off, its still a good place to retire to, there is a very learned dear friend of mine here who i look up to. He is retiring here nicely and i hope
to be like him when i grow older.

Where are you putting up at in JB? Perharps you can also share with us your experience here.

wuqi256
05-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Its a bit funny, in a way, 2 years ago i was like that exactly and didn't think it was even safe to step in one bit.

By the way, what do you think of the service at the MacDonalds in the round about? Oh also, there is a very good chinese physician near Eon Bank, also at the round about, only thing is he is a bit too expensive but very very effective for back, sprains, etc. Really very good.

The only place i know matches up in SG would not be the Seah ah cheok place (they turned me and my friends away as it was nearing their lunchtime even though my friend couldn't even walk or sit without getting a lot pain) but the place in Ang Mo Kio place at blk 124, can't remember the exact address now. The doc over there (AMK) really good though with accupuncture, etc.

Coolsaint77
05-12-2010, 01:49 PM
First you need to know where to avoid. Next you need to take the necessary safety precautions. The lesson i learnt is never to leave anything in the car that passers-by have visibility. If you keep these in mind then you are pretty ok not just in JB but anywhere in Malaysia. Last but not least you do need some patience in terms of local culture, eg. people can stop their car beside a coffee shop to order food causing jams, park anywhere and everywhere when there are proper parking lots.

There are places which make me feel rather uncomfortable... in particular those old towns deep in the heartland like Tun Aminah area, or Taman Sentosa area... i avoid these places. The coffee shops around where i stay are pretty ok.

There is one coffee shop near Petronas kiosk where you can board a bus to Jurong east - that is a good place to have dinner and breakfast... ever so happening. The "chi chong fan" is made fresh on the spot and i never fail to have that for Sat morning breakfast.

There is a newer coffee shop diagonally opposite the big open area popular for flying kites. The prawn noodles and ngoh hiang are good.

Then there is the coffee shop beside Old Town white coffee along Nusa Bestari. The Thai food is pretty nice.

Bestmart itself also has a nice Thai food stall... and a haven for DVDs... oops

If you want more comfy restaurants, there is a Korean restaurant at the F&B area before carrefour Sutera Mall... its authentic and reasonably priced (look... i dint say cheap cheap cheap). "Soul Thai" near the police station is quite authentic as well, you can have a massage after your dinner... that's life isn't it. The "Eminent" seems extremely popular i wonder why?

I don't quite like the dental clinic, i am only aware of one before Bestmart. I still do my dental treatment in Singapore. For medical i use the Koh clinic along Nusa Bestari if i'm not in Singapore. Dr Koh is a good guy and does have some compassion of a doctor unlike many arrogant doctors we see elsewhere. His clinic opens 16 hours a day. For haircut there are plenty of choices in Sutera Mall, Jusco Bukit Indah... as well as the shops along Nusa Bestari. Car workshops are everywhere. The workshop people are quite ok despite the infamous reputation. If you need to buy some supplies and it is almost 11pm, there is a provision shop near the coffee shop opposite Petronas.

Only fruits are expensive. Today i bought some fruits at Tanjong Pagar market and i thought they are better quality and cheaper... maybe about the same price as JB.

Coolsaint77
05-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Its a bit funny, in a way, 2 years ago i was like that exactly and didn't think it was even safe to step in one bit.

By the way, what do you think of the service at the MacDonalds in the round about? Oh also, there is a very good chinese physician near Eon Bank, also at the round about, only thing is he is a bit too expensive but very very effective for back, sprains, etc. Really very good.

Is it Tabib Bai Yun? Which Mac? Is it the new one opposite Jusco Bukit Indah? I normally do drive through at the Mac opposite Bestmart.

Although i hate to drive through Jalan Nusa Bestari... i still drive through very often... my wife likes to do her wet marketing at Bestmart

wuqi256
05-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Is it Tabib Bai Yun? Which Mac? Is it the new one opposite Jusco Bukit Indah? I normally do drive through at the Mac opposite Bestmart.

Although i hate to drive through Jalan Nusa Bestari... i still drive through very often... my wife likes to do her wet marketing at Bestmart

The one opposite Jusco, thats correct. Oh i used to do that too until this one opened. Me too, its pretty bad. Actually if you want to get veggies and fruits, best is still KIPmart in my humble opinion. :)

wuqi256
05-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for sharing so much information, much appreciated. :)
Agree, Tun Aminah area, or Taman Sentosa area, best to avoid.

edm23
05-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Sorry to hear edm, its all due to the rumour and scare mongering that has been going on for far too long. Even i was a victim of it but its not too late, there are other properties to consider.

For HH, you may be a bit late though, their sales folks attitudes have changed a bit, it used to be much better as they will take us around, etc in their vehicle. You should make a complain though about this, regardless whether you are going to buy or not.

I guess their sales figures must be doing ok, my dad just told me my learned neighbours friends from Aussieland are here today to discuss about properties here.

Even another learned friend, a very polite local here told me just the other day he will get a unit at the Golf. He just messenged me just now about it, seems the folks here are really moving as well.

Hey Bro Wuqi and CoolSaint, thanks much for the advice on the loans and the situation around HH's sales staff :) On the topic of FD rates, Bro Wuqi, did your friends tell you why they would rather choose the FD rates? There is a lock in period of 5 years (for refinancing) and I understand that FD rates are set at the discretion of the banks Vs BLR which is a blanket rate set by the bank of Negara. I really need to think hard about this as I will be making the call in a weeks time once all the banks gets back to me on my loan application.

Actually yesterday was also the day i committed to a unit at LF's Bayou Water Village. I know i had gone against all the advice on LF, but it just feels right and since i am buying it to stay in, i thought it is wise to just go with my gut feel. Wanted to explore on a second property for investment and so decided to check out HH and perhaps EL next week. If i had knew the service is suboptimal, i would have invested my time at EL instead.

I agree with Wuqi on the mindset of S'poreans (however i do not wish to start another of this conversation) i have actually been travelling into JB since 2000 and to me, it is really quite an ok place. Been broaching to my other half the topic about getting another property in JB since 2007 but have met with little success (she is a sceptic about JB). Until a couple of months back, i managed to persuade her to visit LF and that was where things changed.. Even my parents after visiting the place have agreed without a doubt that things are not as terrible as what they thought out to be. I am glad that the myth has been debunk... Now, the family is looking forward to relocate to our new place in LF and commute daily to SG to work.

Though i am alittle far away from all the HH bros, I hope to be able to catchup with everyone in time to come for a cuppa teh tarek at Bukit Indah :)

Investor
05-12-2010, 03:17 PM
If you want more comfy restaurants, there is a Korean restaurant at the F&B area before carrefour Sutera Mall... its authentic and reasonably priced (look... i dint say cheap cheap cheap). "Soul Thai" near the police station is quite authentic as well, you can have a massage after your dinner... that's life isn't it?

We just went to Soul Thai for massage and thai food, it was our 4th visit. This massage place has very nice reno! :)

Funds Transfer
05-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Discussing about life in Johore seems to be the rage in Singapore blogs.

Take a look at this link.

http://singaporemind.blogspot.com/2010/12/cost-of-living-comparison.html

Investor
05-12-2010, 04:17 PM
banks though will stop lending at the 3rd property.

Hi Wuqi,
You mean banks will grant loans to each individual for a maximum of 3 units?

euphony
06-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Where are you putting up at in JB? Perhaps you can also share with us your experience here.

Nothing much to share actually as I am still picking up my experiences for the past 3 months. Am at Prima Regency currently. Bought a studio at Palazio and waiting for TOP as well as EDL's opening.

Otherwise - there is this blog (http://j-travel.blogspot.com/) I find very interesting because he documents some nice food places to try out (mostly JB).

Also for those who want to save even further, maybank's friends and family masters card (SG) is a must have 5% cash back on petrol in JB as well as tescos's, giant and carrefour. =)

linked
06-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Hello all Ive stayed in a condo near angsana since 2005 for 2 years and I really enjoyed staying there. When I stayed there, there was only few singaporeans but now I could see more and more singaporean renting and even bought the apartment there. Though my husband was sceptical about safety issue we still planning to buy our piece of property near gelang patah area. There are pros and cons but I really enjoy everytimes I stay in jb especially since Ive to visit my mom almost every possible weekends who have stayed in kulai for the past 2 years plus. There are rules to "know" and "understand" about staying in jb . Its indescribable the feeling of being in my moms place and able to basically enjoy the easy living there and being back home and felt claustophobic and "stressed". 1 thing I felt in jb is spacious, relax and time slow down and its the opposite when I came back to my own home. I care less about sceptics as Im done living like "zombie" in sg, So I really hoping to get more advise about buying a home there soon and getting my home early next year :)

yattokame
06-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Hi all,

Went to view HH but they are all sold out except for the condo. Seems that they are launching superlink houses early next year for about RM700k up.

I quite like HH for its security and landscaping, and the accessibility to JUSCO. Are there any other similar locations? Am looking to buy for stay and for my parents and extended family's retirement.

Sorry i really couldn't read every post; really too much to stomach.

linked
07-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Great to see you here! Actualy I quietly love Gelang Patah.. its the nearest town to the 2nd link and if u are doing business etc or just simple stay, Gelang patah is the surest bet. When my kids are ready to enter p1 in Singapore, I may move back to Singapore and relocate my office somewhere in Gelang Patah and renting out all my properties in HH and EL etc. In ten years time i foresee a rental income of RM 15,000 alone from Nusajaya and another S$3000 from Singapore after instalment payment. Hope I can retire soon as I have been working and hitting 18 hours mon to sun since 5-10 years ago!!

Thanks, my husband is working such hours too just for us to manage our livability in sg hence the reason to start making some adjustments. Im hoping to get more news about the international school and also the news of singapore school that will be in jb soon so that I dont need to send my son to sg daily. Great advises and opinions from you guys, its a good guides for those who might want to have more options in life.:cool:

Coolsaint77
07-12-2010, 03:44 AM
...Been broaching to my other half the topic about getting another property in JB since 2007 but have met with little success (she is a sceptic about JB). Until a couple of months back, i managed to persuade her to visit LF and that was where things changed.. Even my parents after visiting the place have agreed without a doubt that things are not as terrible as what they thought out to be. I am glad that the myth has been debunk... Now, the family is looking forward to relocate to our new place in LF and commute daily to SG to work.

Same for my parents. 18 months ago when i told them i was moving to stay in JB they were like "are you nuts???"

My mum has since stayed over a couple of weekends. When i indicated i might want to move back to SG for a few years before returning to JB again for the convenience of kids, she was like "why? its ok to have kids in JB wad". I can see her enjoying every minute of the relaxed life and big spaces here.

whybornme
07-12-2010, 04:18 AM
IMHO,singaporeans who stay or want to reside in malaysia and commute between singapore for work or for whatever reasons are predominantly working class or lower middle class people.

no rich singaporean folks would want to do stay there,when you are a high net worth person,your priorty over safety overrides cheap living space.

i am a malaysian and i wont be staying in JB anytime soon.

those who do,good luck to you.

Coolsaint77
07-12-2010, 05:27 AM
Parkway unit inks deal to build Gleneagles hospital in Iskandar

Tue, Dec 07, 2010
Reuters

SINGAPORE, Dec 7 (Reuters) - Global Capital & Development (GCD), a consortium whose members include Malaysian state investor Khazanah and Abu Dhabi's Mubadala , will develop a 300-room private hospital in Malaysia's Iskandar region, GCD said on Tuesday.

This follows an agreement with Malaysian hospital operator Pantai worth US$156 million (S$203.2 million) to build the Gleneagles Medini Hospital in the Iskandar economic zone located just north of Singapore.

Pantai is a part of Singapore healthcare group Parkway Holdings , which was taken over by Khazanah earlier this year.

Parkway operates Singapore's Mount Elizabeth and Gleneagles hospitals, which are both very popular with businessmen and politicians from across Asia.

Investor
07-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Straits Times, Tuesday, 7th Dec 2010.(Page B14)

Singapore and Malaysian investors will jointly develop a RM500 million waterfront residential and commercial project in Johor(Danga Bay). Imperial Marina, a Singapore property investment company will chip in RM150 million. The development will comprise of 700 units of serviced apartments spread over several tower blocks with retail space incorporated.

Azea Property Investment educates investors looking to invest in real estate. Azea Property ties its 1,000 investor members with potential deals across the world. Most of the buyers in the Danga Bay development will come from this group of investors.

All available units in one of the tower blocks have already been booked even before the project launch.

Coolsaint77
07-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Ghosh i sure hope a property bubble doesn't form here in JB. It is rising a little too fast. Imagine the Ujana apartment is all sold out except 2 bumi units. They are planning to launch the seaview condos at Puteri Harbour at MYR800 psf. Initially they wanted to go for MYR900 psf... then the mgt chicken out and decided to lower the quality of materials a little and price at MYR 700 to 800 psf.

The 7 room small pool inclusive bungalows at EL which were sold at MYR2.4m would have been a good buy, unfortunately we all have missed this. Now they want to launch new phase, bigger than this, but at MYR3.0m... i sure hope the developer gets a little market lesson and suffer a little setback... i prefer a slow and sustainable rise

Investor
07-12-2010, 01:30 PM
That's why I think terraces of East Ledang at around RM240 psf is the best buy. Moreover, there are no more terraces in EL after last phase 8. In future, all are Semi-Ds and Bungalows. I failed to get one more terrace in phase 7, all sold out :mad::mad::mad:

Coolsaint77
07-12-2010, 02:16 PM
That's why I think terraces of East Ledang at around RM240 psf is the best buy. Moreover, there are no more terraces in EL after last phase 8. In future, all are Semi-Ds and Bungalows. I failed to get one more terrace in phase 7, all sold out :mad::mad::mad:

I noticed the sales staff try to discourage buyers from taking the terraces. I thought the new batch were not launched yet? And wasn't the starting price like 700k +? Anyway, i think our phase 2 balances of Type D & E are the last of the semi-Ds. They have changed their plan to make it all bungalows for the rest of the development. Very ambitious... i hope they succeed though, it is not a bad thing for our properties to be among enclaves comprising mainly bungalows... still i think semi-D would be their best bet of success

Stevewish
07-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Hello all Ive stayed in a condo near angsana since 2005 for 2 years and I really enjoyed staying there. When I stayed there, there was only few singaporeans but now I could see more and more singaporean renting and even bought the apartment there. Though my husband was sceptical about safety issue we still planning to buy our piece of property near gelang patah area. :)

Recently visited two areas around gelang patah: Bayu and Eco garden. Worth a visit. Most of the properties below rm 500k,hence not applicable for foreigner.

Investor
07-12-2010, 03:15 PM
I noticed the sales staff try to discourage buyers from taking the terraces. I thought the new batch were not launched yet? And wasn't the starting price like 700k +? Anyway, i think our phase 2 balances of Type D & E are the last of the semi-Ds. They have changed their plan to make it all bungalows for the rest of the development. Very ambitious... i hope they succeed though, it is not a bad thing for our properties to be among enclaves comprising mainly bungalows... still i think semi-D would be their best bet of success

Luckily I have both types then :) New batch phase 8 will be launching soon, soft launch will be on the 19th for those who've already reserved their units in phase 8.

Presently, phase 7 is fully sold, and so are Bungalows of phase 2, so definitely they will encourage you to buy Semi-D of Phase 2 as they are left with only Semi-Ds now.

ginfreely
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi, anyone can recommend lawyer to handle conveyancing for purchase of resale property? Pl pm me, thanks.

wuqi256
07-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi Yattokame, there are a lot of other places such as LF and EL amongst others. HH wise, you are a bit late. Some properties by Setia is good too. Try to buy direct from developers if you can. Cheers

wuqi256
07-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Wow, good for you. Its good to have a relaxing place to come home too, i am glad for you and your family.

wuqi256
07-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Ok, the booking part before launch needs to be verified by if true, then it sounds like property here is really moving.

wuqi256
07-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Ok, if Gleneagles come out to Iskandar, that would really be pretty good for everyone as it adds to the convenience(not that anyone wants to visit hospitals of course) :)
Thanks for sharing.

wuqi256
07-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Good for you edm, well done! :)
You can soon fish from the comfort of your own home, that is really nice. :)

wuqi256
07-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Hi Wuqi,
You mean banks will grant loans to each individual for a maximum of 3 units?

Yes, some banks will have that limit. Other banks may still lend though but the new law to discourage speculators is now to limit to 70% the 3rd loan for a house.

wuqi256
07-12-2010, 04:15 PM
We just went to Soul Thai for massage and thai food, it was our 4th visit. This massage place has very nice reno! :)

Nice, to be fair, we haven't tried the food there yet but the massage was a bit too harsh for my liking, my wife kind of got injured trying their massage.

wuqi256
07-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Good for you Linked, there will always be pro and cons to any place, even in our beloved Singapore. Any country that you will go to, there will be good people and not so nice people. Its always good to put things into perspective and see things for yourself rather than just basing your decision on hearsay. Crime will always happen, somewhere somehow, thats why even our very efficient police says, low crime doesn't mean no crime.

wuqi256
07-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Noticed he will selectively ignore what he doesn't want to hear or reply.
Beware, don't post anything bad about SG as some people will react
very strongly.

Slashings, killings, gangfights and floods, these are only for 3rd world
countries and will NEVER happen in safe and secure SG.

Investor
07-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Nothing much to share actually as I am still picking up my experiences for the past 3 months. Am at Prima Regency currently. Bought a studio at Palazio and waiting for TOP as well as EDL's opening.

Otherwise - there is this blog (http://j-travel.blogspot.com/) I find very interesting because he documents some nice food places to try out (mostly JB).

Also for those who want to save even further, maybank's friends and family masters card (SG) is a must have 5% cash back on petrol in JB as well as tescos's, giant and carrefour. =)

Using SG credit card in overseas, you'll lose on lousy exchange rate from the bank so it's not exactly a 5% cash back. Best is to get a Malaysia's credit card and settle your bills in RM.

Investor
07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Yes, some banks will have that limit. Other banks may still lend though but the new law to discourage speculators is now to limit to 70% the 3rd loan for a house.

Thanks Wuqi, now I know why I got 70% for my 3rd unit :)

Investor
07-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Nice, to be fair, we haven't tried the food there yet but the massage was a bit too harsh for my liking, my wife kind of got injured trying their massage.

Then you should choose oil massage instead of Thai massage, but price is more than double! To be frank, don't waste your money on their food, I'll give it 5 out of 10. Now you know why I only mentioned about the nice reno :D

wuqi256
07-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks Wuqi, now I know why I got 70% for my 3rd unit :)

Sure, well done. :)

wuqi256
07-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Using SG credit card in overseas, you'll lose on lousy exchange rate from the bank so it's not exactly a 5% cash back. Best is to get a Malaysia's credit card and settle your bills in RM.

Thanks to bro euphony for sharing but i think investor is right here as the exchange rate is pretty bad.

A lot of places in both SG and JB can give you better rates but you must change in larger notes(50 dollar notes will do) and in larger sums. .

One thing we might want to share is the best place to change money in SG and in JB.

Investor
07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Ok, the booking part before launch needs to be verified by if true, then it sounds like property here is really moving.

About 2 months ago, I was told that almost all the corner units of Phase 8 were already reserved! I found that there was only one left and told the sales person that I wanted to reserve that unit and will pay the deposit as soon as I can. On the next day, she called and told me that her manager had already received a cheque for reservation of that unit :mad: I ended up getting inter-terraces of Phase 7 about one month later when someone couldn't get their loan from the bank and had to give up their units.

Investor
07-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks to bro euphony for sharing but i think investor is right here as the exchange rate is pretty bad.

A lot of places in both SG and JB can give you better rates but you must change in larger notes(50 dollar notes will do) and in larger sums. .

One thing we might want to share is the best place to change money in SG and in JB.

So far I think you can get one of the best rates from The Arcade at Collyer Quay. Not those on the 1st floor but those on the 2nd floor, you can compare their rates as they show it on their electronic display board. What I've noticed is that shop 'A' might be giving the best rate today, but comes tomorrow, shop 'D' is giving the best rate. So just compare when you are there. Difference can be up to RM0.30 per S$100. So if you change S$100k, difference can be RM300.

If comparing the good rate from Arcade and other normal money changer in shopping centres, difference can even be RM1.50 per S$100.

yattokame
07-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi Yattokame, there are a lot of other places such as LF and EL amongst others. HH wise, you are a bit late. Some properties by Setia is good too. Try to buy direct from developers if you can. Cheers

Hi thanx for replying.

What's LF and EL? I don't even know where to start. Any websites?

Investor
08-12-2010, 12:47 AM
hi investor how much % of loan did the bank give you on your first purchase? I was told usually foreigners they will give 80-85% at most so i was quite surprised they gave me 90% loan.. i think from my 2nd house onwards they wont give me anything more than 85% though.

I asked for 80% and thus they gave me that rate for both 1st and 2nd units =) Which bank did you get your loan from? What's your interest rate and lock-in period? I think they are willing to give you 90% because of your high income :D

Investor
08-12-2010, 12:58 AM
are u planning to rent out your properties soon in nusajaya? do u have any idea the rental rate for terrace and semi-de or cluster etc?

All my units will only be completed in 2012, so I can only rent them out by then, I'm actually using the Semi-D as weekend home for a start.

For present rental rate, one of our fellow forumer(for his privacy sake, I won't mention his Nick) managed to get RM3400 for his terrace in East Ledang with built up area of 29xx sq ft. As for Semi-D, I only heard from an agent that rental is around RM6xxx.

Investor
08-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Hey coolstaint do u know where i can drop by to check out the condo at puteri harbour facing Singapore?

Its the nearest straits of land between singapore and malaysia. I simply cannot imagine the breath-taking sweeping panoramic view of Singapore from the top floor of the condo in puteri harour. Maybe one can even see SAF troops in action or cannons being fired. Full view I must say.

The sales office is at Puteri Harbour itself, 2nd floor of the clubhouse. They have a 3D model of Puteri Harbour on display, the sales person can show you the exact location of the condo, it is just beside the future indoor theme park and Traders Hotel which are under construction now. Price is expected to be around RM750 psf. Take note of future high-rise nearer to the sea which might block your million dollar view, must choose the correct unit I guess :)
Office Tel: +607-530 2702/2127

Investor
08-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Hi thanx for replying.

What's LF and EL? I don't even know where to start. Any websites?

Hi Yattokame,

LF = Leisure Farm(http://www.leisurefarm.com.my/)
EL = East Ledang(http://www.eastledang.com/)

Investor
08-12-2010, 01:50 AM
i got from standchart. Heard that their new office in Nusa Bestari is opening soon.. next to Giant the corner shophouse and opp HSBC i think.

Interest rate i dont have it with me now but its 4.0+% something.. lock in is 5 year standard. yes they were quite strict though.. actually called up my sect in singapore just to confirm that my company existed and even asked for my position in the company.

anyway i was told semi ds can fetch rm8000 now but I think this is just one of the "lucky" ones. normally should rm6000+ minimum. But its actually a great yield considering the fact that my monthly is perhaps rm3300 at most? So its a S$1000 profit monthly into my pocket, which I have never expected as my singapore condo and office didnt leave me much leftovers after instalments

Most other banks like UOB and HSBC are giving BLR-2.3% = 4%, with only 3 years lock in. St. Chart banker who stations at UEM office offered me BLR-2.4% = 3.9%. You should ask for better rate.

Investor
08-12-2010, 01:58 AM
u mean this condo is not the end of the land just facing the sea? IF there is a possibility that something else can be built after it and blocking its sea view, then i think they are now looking for suckers only.. We wont know what is up on their sleeves.. i would foresee a price plunge for sure if something blocks their view though. rm750 psf is considered cheap when we are talking about unobstructed sea view facing Singapore.

From the 3D model of Puteri Harbour, you can see that one side of the condo is unblocked for high floor units as there are only low buildings of Indoor Theme Park and future CIQ on this side of the condo. This condo is over 30 floors. The other side which is directly towards the sea will be blocked by future high-rise which will be right beside the sea.

Investor
08-12-2010, 02:02 AM
damn 3.9%? Thats very low given malaysia's interest rate. I think i will call up the stanchart banker and wallop him until he gives me a better rate. If not i will threaten not to get the loan from him for my subsequent loans.

Yes, you should do it right now man :D It's a savings of thousands of Ringgit per month in interest considering your total loan amount for a few units.

Investor
08-12-2010, 02:12 AM
wow using a semi d as weekend home is quite a waste of money leh. for the benefit of ROI, i think i myself will stay in a cheap terrace worth rm300-400k instead and rent out all the semi d and bungalows.

Life is short :) We must also be enjoying it ourselves right :p My parents and wife like the bigger space of a semi-d, so have to use other investments for profit :D

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 03:44 AM
The one we did was the oil massage but it was not really worth the money unless you like pain.

HarrChono
08-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Hi Dapbest,

You know of Taman Laguna? Developer is Nasu Utama Sdn Bhd. It is over at Jln Seri Laguna near to Sg Danga and adjacent of Danga Bay. What do you think of the property there? Terrence going for about 508K. They have Semi-D but will only open for booking after CNY which cost abt 830K to 850K according to the sales person.

I am looking for a place whereby not too far out of city and not too crowded as well. Maybe you can comment alittle?

HarrChono
08-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Anyone know of the development of Taman Laguna by Nusa Utama? It is near to Sungei Danga and adjcent to Danga bay. Any comment?

jasonjst
08-12-2010, 06:14 AM
IMHO,singaporeans who stay or want to reside in malaysia and commute between singapore for work or for whatever reasons are predominantly working class or lower middle class people.

no rich singaporean folks would want to do stay there,when you are a high net worth person,your priorty over safety overrides cheap living space.

i am a malaysian and i wont be staying in JB anytime soon.

those who do,good luck to you.

Notice some of them here are staying in HH , EL ,LF and even looking at Puteri Harbor , they cant be working class and lower middle class people lah !
Why the rich people alway like to look down on ordinary folks like us ? :(

jasonjst
08-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Hmm...
I am newbaby here in this forum , nice to know that so many people here love living in JB especially in HH ! I am proud resident in Casania , Sutera Area . Have being living there for about 2yrs now ... Hope I can learn and share here too !
rdgs

g3abc
08-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Hello All,

Sori if I sound Ignorant but some questions & comments for your further advice, please,..

1. Has Anyone Bought the only High-Rise (current) at East Ledang, named Ujana ?
selling for about RM 350psf,..what do you think of this development ?
Good for Mistress Apartment ?
Pros ? Cons ?

2. Insider Info Background of UEM Land Bhd ?

3. I hear that there are still some special facilitation being conducted by the likes of Charmain Selvam (ex-Profitable Plots Sales Director),..with Datuk Param (Iskandar Investmets),.. that the Progitable Group Boss has two big bungalows at Leisure Farm,...

4. If say buy East Ledang Bungalows,...say after 5 years, Owner must pay for painting ?
what is the painting cost for a semi-d / bungalow ?

Thanks

cathylmg
08-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi! I want to rent out my house next month. Its under renovation now. I'm getting another place. Cross my finger for the loan to be approved. Do you have any contacts for rental agent? Kindly PM me with agent's contact. Thank you in advance.

cathylmg
08-12-2010, 09:18 AM
I got something to share which I feel is a good idea.

I read somewhere that malaysians don't buy educational insurance policies like Singaporeans do. When a child is born, parents buy a house with cash value and rent it out, so that when it is time their children to go to University, they just use their house for mortgage and let the tenents pay for the loan. What a brilliant idea!

I think I should do the same. :)

Coolsaint77
08-12-2010, 12:56 PM
1. Has Anyone Bought the only High-Rise (current) at East Ledang, named Ujana ?
selling for about RM 350psf,..what do you think of this development ?
Good for Mistress Apartment ?
Pros ? Cons ?

err... if u have bought then i would say it's an economical place to keep mistress provided she does not hanky-panky with the toyboys who are kept here... if u have not bought then its irrelevant cos' the project is sold out.

2. Insider Info Background of UEM Land Bhd ?

3. I hear that there are still some special facilitation being conducted by the likes of Charmain Selvam (ex-Profitable Plots Sales Director),..with Datuk Param (Iskandar Investmets),.. that the Progitable Group Boss has two big bungalows at Leisure Farm,...

ans to 2) & 3): whoever that claims to have insider info i say its bull... UEM is owned by Khazanah so the developer is more secured than most others, i think you just need to know if the developer is secured and reliable, and if the JB or M'sian govt is determined to make Nusajaya a success

4. If say buy East Ledang Bungalows,...say after 5 years, Owner must pay for painting ?
what is the painting cost for a semi-d / bungalow ?

Definitely you pay for your own painting as this is your own house, not strata-titled

tanya88
08-12-2010, 01:19 PM
About 2 months ago, I was told that almost all the corner units of Phase 8 were already reserved! I found that there was only one left and told the sales person that I wanted to reserve that unit and will pay the deposit as soon as I can. On the next day, she called and told me that her manager had already received a cheque for reservation of that unit :mad: I ended up getting inter-terraces of Phase 7 about one month later when someone couldn't get their loan from the bank and had to give up their units.

Bro, same experience here. Wanted to book a garden facing unit under Phase 7 but not left. And now, under Phase 8, when I went down last week, only intermediate units unit - didn't expect to move so fast the terraces. Any idea how much the price difference for Phase 7 and 8 as the sales staff themselves not sure?

tanya88
08-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Any brother has any view on whether HH or EL offers better security as looking at these two landed properties. Other than LF which is near to 2nd Link, any other good landed developements that is close to second link that might be priced lower than HH, EL or LF, with gated and guarded security?

danteakc
08-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Sure, you can contact Mr Liew at: +60197310958

I'm in a deliema. State consent not approve yet and becos of Fengshui we need to tear down the kitchen wall n seal up the aluminium gate frame with wall. It is a major renovation n we r renting the house. My fear is the state consent. If not approve but we had invested a sum of $$ into the place.
Under what circumstance state consent not approve. M I worry too much n go ahead with the Reno while assuming the house will be mine?

Thanks
Regards

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
From the 3D model of Puteri Harbour, you can see that one side of the condo is unblocked for high floor units as there are only low buildings of Indoor Theme Park and future CIQ on this side of the condo. This condo is over 30 floors. The other side which is directly towards the sea will be blocked by future high-rise which will be right beside the sea.

Yes, mainly only 1 side will be facing the sea, the other faces the "courtyard"
Mostly taken up though last i checked. 35 storeys in total including the topmost part (restaurant/clubhouse)

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Life is short :) We must also be enjoying it ourselves right :p My parents and wife like the bigger space of a semi-d, so have to use other investments for profit :D

Good for you, its nice to enjoy life while you are still young. Unlike those who always tell me they will start to enjoy life only when they are old or see the world when they are old. Even if one can tolerate long flights and travel, how many more bridges or stairs can one climb on their own when they are old?

How much can one see when you are on a wheelchair?

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Anyone know of the development of Taman Laguna by Nusa Utama? It is near to Sungei Danga and adjcent to Danga bay. Any comment?

Yes, its a very nice place actually, a bit remote and right next to Orang Aslis area but i know of quite a few SG folks who are staying there. Nice community.

Its a bit too remote for my liking though but near to seafood and also fishing ponds. They have cameras and concertina wire near the ulu part so security wise not that bad. I didn't much like their basketball court and playground outside though as its located outside the compound and not fenced.

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 06:27 PM
The design is also good and very nice and airy, price wise is lower than HH, EL, etc.
Pretty nice use of space but the space between opposite units are a bit too closed.

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 06:28 PM
LF = Leisure farm and EL is East Ledang, there was a write up i did in and about page 19 i think? Nothing beats seeing things for yourself though.

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Not really able to give comments on #1 and #2 but for LF, even our minister has a unit there.
For #4, you have to pay for it yourself, likely through the own resident committee where folks pool money or else do it individually. Not an expert but i would think 5-8k should do it depending on paint brand, paint quality, coverage etc.

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Welcome, Casania is pretty nice, the green buildings near to Sutera Utama whilst on the way to Sutera mall. :)

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Notice some of them here are staying in HH , EL ,LF and even looking at Puteri Harbor , they cant be working class and lower middle class people lah !
Why the rich people alway like to look down on ordinary folks like us ? :(

Oh yes, many think that there are no high networth individuals staying in HH, EL, LF and even Puteri Harbour. Every one of us here are poor and only capable of riding motorcycles (and just 2 stroke ones at that!) and some even just use bicycles or use a skateboard every day. There are no directors, CEOs, etc here at all.

Don't understand why some ministers though also have to have a home in the area. Maybe he is poor too?

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks to Investor for sharing the tips about the foreign exchange place. :)

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 06:43 PM
I got something to share which I feel is a good idea.
-Truncated quote-
I think I should do the same. :)

This sounds like a good idea cathy. Seems Dapbest is already doing it.

As for agents, there are many companies, any would be able to help you rent out.
You can search online or go to MY property pages, example below:
http://www.iproperty.com.my/

wuqi256
08-12-2010, 06:58 PM
haha just ignore all these silly comments. I am driving a low-class japanese car worth only $70k when i bought it a few years back. Now I am still driving it because of my very frequent travels to malaysia. I am sure there are a lot of bigger time bosses who are damn rich and driving normal cars to keep low profile too in jb.

I know many sinkies who root in jb and who are millionaires with at least a few paid-up properties in Singapore. I have a few properties in singapore though but because of my desire to live in a place with larger space and less pple, i love jb over singapore.

Agree, this part i have to agree with also what myo said about low profile. Just keep low profile and don't boast, if outside people ask about your property, just say you are renting it from others. Even if you paid in cash for a car or house, always tell them you got it financed or mortgaged.

Never show off for any reasons, its good to be always prudent and humble even if someone shows off in front of you and flaunts a 150k annual pay, just smile and say he is really good and always stop the missus from blurting out anything she should not say.

It keeps one safe and no one will target you as they think you are poorer than them, in fact they might be happy if you don't visit them as they may be concerned that you may borrow money from them! :D

One doesn't need to win every battle, as long as the wife, family or close friends know where you stand is good enough. Those who have deep pockets might not necessarily be driving big cars.

You can only really tell who your friends are when you are seen to be "in trouble", false friends and those who have always been boasting about their wealth can easily be caught out. Real friends will stand by you, thats what friends are for.

KNNBCCB
08-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Damn me think DAPbest is fast becoming the Chua Soi Lek of DAP.

Anyone calling my avatar ?
Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek is from MCA, BN.
Johor State is under BN. :)

HarrChono
09-12-2010, 05:36 AM
yes i have been there. this taman laguna is very good in a way its near to the coastal highway so its considered near to the causeway and 2nd link is quite convenient too

the space is quite large for a terrace i must say.. 3000+ sq feet? the price is very reasonable and i got a feeling they purposely put the price at slightly over 500k because they know mostly sinkie will buy.

but if u are looking for class, of cos its not as classy as HH but at prices over rm500k, your neighbours cant be that bad, lah!

Good buy and great capital appreciation. In fact, this is one of the other developments i am aiming to invest soon. Only factor drawing me back is the rental part.. pple would choose to rent and stay in HH than taman laguna for sure!
Thanks for the feedback. Yes 3000+ sqft for Terrance is sure much larger then most sinkie Terrence here. Around my area is like 1670+ sqft and imagine paying like more then 1.5Mil. For this sum, can really invest in a big bunglow or s few units of those nice Terrance in HH.

Well, any good Terrance to recommend over in HH or EL?

HarrChono
09-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Yes, its a very nice place actually, a bit remote and right next to Orang Aslis area but i know of quite a few SG folks who are staying there. Nice community.

Its a bit too remote for my liking though but near to seafood and also fishing ponds. They have cameras and concertina wire near the ulu part so security wise not that bad. I didn't much like their basketball court and playground outside though as its located outside the compound and not fenced.
Yeah, Taman Laguna is near to Orang Asli and this is what troubles me. Though very unlikely this people will create trouble but never know. Yup it is all gated with security but then again, hard to say as well. As for remote, the reason I like about this place is also because of this. I do not like to be in a mass community like in SG whereby always flooded with FTs and Chins... Prefer to be in a quite neighbourhood. At the moment my place is not too bad as it is not as crowded or filled with Chins compare to my last place in Jurong.

Well, I am still contemplating on buying. Tmn Laguana and open to look out at HH or EL as well

HarrChono
09-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Agree, this part i have to agree with also what myo said about low profile. Just keep low profile and don't boast, if outside people ask about your property, just say you are renting it from others. Even if you paid in cash for a car or house, always tell them you got it financed or mortgaged.

Never show off for any reasons, its good to be always prudent and humble even if someone shows off in front of you and flaunts a 150k annual pay, just smile and say he is really good and always stop the missus from blurting out anything she should not say.

It keeps one safe and no one will target you as they think you are poorer than them, in fact they might be happy if you don't visit them as they may be concerned that you may borrow money from them! :D

One doesn't need to win every battle, as long as the wife, family or close friends know where you stand is good enough. Those who have deep pockets might not necessarily be driving big cars.

You can only really tell who your friends are when you are seen to be "in trouble", false friends and those who have always been boasting about their wealth can easily be caught out. Real friends will stand by you, thats what friends are for.
Agrees with you too! Keeping a low profile in Malaysia is always important. We need to bring ourselves down to the local common level to make friends too. Showing off will only invite trouble. Hmm... guess I need to dispose my beemer soon.

Wah, if someone show me the 150k annual pay, I would say u very rich lor hehe... :)
Nothing interesting to compare also lah. Just be ourselves and life our normal life and don't act act lor.

Yes it does keeps one safe and will not be targeted as they think we are local like them or as poor like them. Haha... Yeah, I think they will be happy if we don't visit else their door will be tight shut.

flyer380
09-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Hi guys, i saw some videos on Iskandar Malaysia on property guru. i am not sure about the details of the surounding areas, so i might be going to the seminar at suntec this sat and sun. i heard there were some security problems with the road on the way to leisure farm? is this true? and any incidents in east ledang? anyone now staying there and working in singapore?

wuqi256
09-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Any brother has any view on whether HH or EL offers better security as looking at these two landed properties. Other than LF which is near to 2nd Link, any other good landed developements that is close to second link that might be priced lower than HH, EL or LF, with gated and guarded security?

HH has slightly better as its less remote and is on a hilly terrain, EL is good too.
LF and Ledang Heights security not so good but they are improving. There are also many others, Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman, etc.

wuqi256
09-12-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm in a deliema. State consent not approve yet and becos of Fengshui we need to tear down the kitchen wall n seal up the aluminium gate frame with wall. It is a major renovation n we r renting the house. My fear is the state consent. If not approve but we had invested a sum of $$ into the place.
Under what circumstance state consent not approve. M I worry too much n go ahead with the Reno while assuming the house will be mine?

Thanks
Regards

This is something that a lot of us faced, many of us, myself included went ahead without it and spent a lot of time during precious weekends and money renovating.

For one of his houses, one bro even put in 280k worth of renovations without the state consent. State consent is not 100% but very seldom would you ever have it not approved. Thats why so man y just go ahead, many have at least 80-100k sunk in even before the approval.

If you want to be 100% safe and have lower risk, then just wait until its approved.

2bFree
09-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Been reading this thread for the past 2 weeks and finally registered to post.

Never really considered MY as an option but with the way SG is turning out (sky high COE prices, increasing cost of living, property bubble growing, loss of citizen identity etc), coupled with the fact that I am working in both countries more frequently now and my eyes are finally opened, I am exploring finding a place that I can really call my own around the Iskandar region!

So far I have seen semi-D, terrace, bungalow type of homes, are there condos/apartments for a single person like me? :)

euphony
09-12-2010, 02:20 PM
what's this talk about mistresses I was like thinking is it for real?!! haha.

I think increasingly people are getting more aware of what jb's got to offer beyond the 'shanty' criminalious town. my colleague was bugging me to show her family around with specific interest to acquire a property. looking at some of your discussions I must I say some of you have really expansive knowledge. can i tompang bros here instead. hurhur.

Thanks also for the info on exchange rate. I know the cash back is not that great cos of exchange rate but comparing back and forth I am not at losing end either just that can do better. I try to carry as little cash on me as possible preferring to change ringgit when the rate is good and make it last as long as possible without going way out to change for more repeatedly which negates the savings. btw i thought old woodlands central have the best rates no?

any forumer resides more towards the eastern side (straits view, molek pines no?) seems like majority at western (EL, LF, HH, etc). with senibong taking shape i wonder if the eastern side will slowly morph into a more notable area for residing.

Coolsaint77
09-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Just perusing the Alliance Bank loan offer letter and almost freaked out... i think i will avoid these confusions and go for another bank with a conventional loan.

Apparently they offer only the islamic package, what does that mean? Well it uses different terminology due to need to comply with islamic rules, etc... i was told it is essentially the same as a conventional loan, except you pay no facility charges etc. One other feature is the floating rate interest is capped at 9.9% to protect you from hyperinflationary interest environment.

Those familiar might know the principal is referred to as the bank's "buying price", whereas "principal + total interest over loan tenure" is referred to as the bank's "selling price" to you. The issue i have is... the offer letter states the "selling price" at the capped interest amount of 9.9%.

Now... this sounds to me to be a way the bank protects itself... but definitely not something i would sign!

contra
09-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi forumers,

Took half day off work today and did an afternoon trip to JB with my family and dined & grocery-shopped at Jusco Bukit Indah. Followed by a short drive into HH. We have been to HH, like many others from Singapore who mostly visit over the weekend. (A salesperson told us that in the weekends, people from Singapore come to view the houses earlier than the sales people themselves). Is interesting that on a weekday night it is much more quiet. Security did not stop us at Main gate and at each roundabout islands at entrance of Gateway & Golf there is a guard with a light-stick (not sure how effective they can be vs the missing ones at Main gate). I did not go into the Gateway & Golf compounds and I am sure they will ask ID etc. Also noticed many houses unoccupied. So may I ask for those who are staying there.... do you feel secure and lonely? Or secure and happy for the privacy?

I am seriously looking to buy a unit in HH, therefore the night visit to check out night feel. Would like your feedbacks to the question.

(I would like to share that I enjoyed my little trip and I believe is the feeling of serenity & privacy afforded by the ample & nice space of Bukit Indah and the dark 2nd Link Hway back to Singapore, which had a positive effect in bringing down my stress level and unexpectedly rejuvenated me when I reached back into Singapore , along AYE and finally to home... Thumbs up to all you who danced to your own beat and invested early as the prices have gone up and keep going up. I am tossing and turning over the decision to invest in a terrace house (for weekend & holiday getways to destress from pigeon-hole living & ultimately retirement , not counting on rent as perhaps you who owned semi-ds will have first bite of cherry). The forum has been great. Thanks wuqi256 for being the leader here. I also thank the naysayers for their honestly and laying out the cons as is an important part of the decision process of going with eyes wide-opened. It is indeed very important to come see for yourself. This is quite a different JB from the one I entered from Woodlands).

toyohon
10-12-2010, 12:32 AM
what's this talk about mistresses I was like thinking is it for real?!! haha.

I think increasingly people are getting more aware of what jb's got to offer beyond the 'shanty' criminalious town. my colleague was bugging me to show her family around with specific interest to acquire a property. looking at some of your discussions I must I say some of you have really expansive knowledge. can i tompang bros here instead. hurhur.

Thanks also for the info on exchange rate. I know the cash back is not that great cos of exchange rate but comparing back and forth I am not at losing end either just that can do better. I try to carry as little cash on me as possible preferring to change ringgit when the rate is good and make it last as long as possible without going way out to change for more repeatedly which negates the savings. btw i thought old woodlands central have the best rates no?

any forumer resides more towards the eastern side (straits view, molek pines no?) seems like majority at western (EL, LF, HH, etc). with senibong taking shape i wonder if the eastern side will slowly morph into a more notable area for residing.

The eastern side - Tebrau/Plentong areas are more "heartland" so to speak. The amenities, commercial and other services are already in place and more matured. You have your Giants/Jusco/Tesco, hospitals, colleges, not to mention the port (Pasir Gudang). Popular residential areas are Mt Austin, Adda Heights, Molek, Ponderosa, Redang, Senibong (Australian developer) & Permas Jaya. Condos coming up at Century Gdns (KSL), and also the planned residential/commercial hub along Jln Bakar Batu (Tmn Sentosa/Pelangi) by Southern Key.

euphony
10-12-2010, 01:16 AM
So far I have seen semi-D, terrace, bungalow type of homes, are there condos/apartments for a single person like me? :)

2b, that's right in my alley. =) I've been digging around for places like this too as a singleton the big space is lost to me. HH has some smaller apartments (fairway suites) though people will also tell you that the money you're ploughing in may buy you a handsome terrace for it. there's also the sky residence by setia though its soldout by now. Do note you've got to buy something in the region of 500k if sgrean though. There are a splattering of other choices too like 1medini which is yet to be launched i think and elsewhere like palazio, austin perdana etc.

flyer380
10-12-2010, 02:54 AM
saw on TODAY paper Page B3 that they are lauching pre launch phase 8 limited corner / garden facing units. suntec convention centre 11 12 dec sat sun, iskandar talk 2pm and 4pm room 207. anyone going for the talk too?

flyer380
10-12-2010, 02:59 AM
2 to 3 murders is scary. what did the police do? if the murderers are not caught aren't they still roaming around ? is there a police station near ledang east? at least in singapore police caught most of the slashing cases etc. i hope johor will hire more police.

wuqi256
10-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Been reading this thread for the past 2 weeks and finally registered to post.

Never really considered MY as an option but with the way SG is turning out (sky high COE prices, increasing cost of living, property bubble growing, loss of citizen identity etc), coupled with the fact that I am working in both countries more frequently now and my eyes are finally opened, I am exploring finding a place that I can really call my own around the Iskandar region!

Good for you, yes there are, you can rent or buy them easily by going to:
www.iproperty.com.my and do a search.

wuqi256
10-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Hi Contra, the main gate is not checked, its only to keep out those on foot. Only the entry to the precints are screened. In the evening and at night, its mainly to check outgoing contractor lorries, vans, etc to see if they have taken anything they shouldn't, with them.

Secure and happy as we have park areas and a few close neighbours where we can go for tim sum and yum cha on lazy weekend afternoons.

wuqi256
10-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Oh yes, security is very tight. Even though my relatives were listed as occupants, there was one time they didn't bring their access card and were in another car. No entry at all.

Another time, another relative came without informing us, they were escorted in but were asked to leave when they found out we were not around.

wuqi256
10-12-2010, 03:35 AM
Straits view area is nice, a bit exclusive but the thing is not much amenities there and lots of traffic in the area.

wuqi256
10-12-2010, 03:39 AM
Hi forumers,

Took half day off work today and did an afternoon trip to JB with my family and dined & grocery-shopped at Jusco Bukit Indah. Followed by a short drive into HH. We have been to HH, like many others from Singapore who mostly visit over the weekend. (A salesperson told us that in the weekends, people from Singapore come to view the houses earlier than the sales people themselves). Is interesting that on a weekday night it is much more quiet. Security did not stop us at Main gate and at each roundabout islands at entrance of Gateway & Golf there is a guard with a light-stick (not sure how effective they can be vs the missing ones at Main gate). I did not go into the Gateway & Golf compounds and I am sure they will ask ID etc. Also noticed many houses unoccupied. So may I ask for those who are staying there.... do you feel secure and lonely? Or secure and happy for the privacy?

I am seriously looking to buy a unit in HH, therefore the night visit to check out night feel. Would like your feedbacks to the question.

(I would like to share that I enjoyed my little trip and I believe is the feeling of serenity & privacy afforded by the ample & nice space of Bukit Indah and the dark 2nd Link Hway back to Singapore, which had a positive effect in bringing down my stress level and unexpectedly rejuvenated me when I reached back into Singapore , along AYE and finally to home... Thumbs up to all you who danced to your own beat and invested early as the prices have gone up and keep going up. I am tossing and turning over the decision to invest in a terrace house (for weekend & holiday getways to destress from pigeon-hole living & ultimately retirement , not counting on rent as perhaps you who owned semi-ds will have first bite of cherry). The forum has been great. Thanks wuqi256 for being the leader here. I also thank the naysayers for their honestly and laying out the cons as is an important part of the decision process of going with eyes wide-opened. It is indeed very important to come see for yourself. This is quite a different JB from the one I entered from Woodlands).

Good for you contra, i am just sharing my experiences. Good for you to see things for yourself. The units you saw should be the terraces and these are getting occupied, some are bought for rental purposes. Once you are in the Gateway though, you will see lots of houses inside that have people moving in or starting renovation. The Golf side is newer and has lesser people for now.

Investor
10-12-2010, 04:53 AM
2 to 3 murders is scary. what did the police do? if the murderers are not caught aren't they still roaming around ? is there a police station near ledang east? at least in singapore police caught most of the slashing cases etc. i hope johor will hire more police.

In today's news, Johor's police caught one guy from the gang involved in the slashing at Downtown East. Yes, there is a police station outside East Ledang and the security system of East Ledang is linked directly to the police headquarter of Nusajaya.

Investor
10-12-2010, 04:55 AM
saw on TODAY paper Page B3 that they are lauching pre launch phase 8 limited corner / garden facing units. suntec convention centre 11 12 dec sat sun, iskandar talk 2pm and 4pm room 207. anyone going for the talk too?

Thanks for the info man!

Investor
10-12-2010, 05:00 AM
I think increasingly people are getting more aware of what jb's got to offer beyond the 'shanty' criminalious town.

btw i thought old woodlands central have the best rates no?

I agree to your 1st statement :)

No, Woodlands(near customs) rates is definitely not the best. Their offered rates on display are mostly the same but I was given RM1 more than the displayed rate when I asked for better rates with just SGD3k. Even adding RM1 to the displayed rate, they still can't beat the rates from The Arcade, Collyer Quay(2nd floor).

heresnextlife
10-12-2010, 05:57 AM
Best rate I ever got is in JB, Tun Aminah. No where else beats them. Of course there are risks... Display 238.5, I could get for as high as 239.7 and I only change S$100 :D Probably next is Permas Jaya.

Stevewish
10-12-2010, 11:57 AM

Hi Tanya88,

Just for sharing, I have visited my sis's house quite a number of times in Setia Eco garden. it's nearer to second link than causeway. Price shall be lower than above properties mentioned. (my sis bought around RM300k for double storey terrace) . it's gated and guarded. I observe that there are 3 layers of guardhouse within the premises, need to scan passes in & out. Once time, forgot to bring pass along, and the guard disallowed our entrance. Luckily one of our neighbour happened to be around, and escorted us in all the way. Can check http://www.spsetia.com.my/setia_eco_garden/
It's worth a visit even you have others better properties to consider.
FYI,don't be surprised by the number of Singaporean staying there. :)

Investor
10-12-2010, 01:48 PM
hi investor, usually i got rm2 to rm2.50 more than the stated rate.. like if they put rm238, usually they will give me rm240 or more.. u shd become their regular client then will have better rate

Hi Dapbest,
You mean in Singapore side? You're really a regular and getting very good rates. One of the Woodlands money changer himself said that they can't match the rates from Arcade when I asked. It's common to see people changing tens of thousands SGD at Arcade because of their good rates, they bring backpack to carry the foreign currency.

Coolsaint77
10-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Seems like some ang mos are moving over... can't run away from foreign talent can we? :-p

http://expatjohor.blogspot.com/

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic51228-0-asc-60.html&sid=844af4979836aaa5e54e45cac48a14e2

The price differential between SG and JB is so great even ang mos are attracted to the idea of commuting to work from JB. Its quite common overseas for people to drive for an hour to work.

Lets hope the JB government be smart and fully exploit this.

tanya88
10-12-2010, 04:28 PM
HH has slightly better as its less remote and is on a hilly terrain, EL is good too.
LF and Ledang Heights security not so good but they are improving. There are also many others, Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman, etc.

Thanks Wuqi,

For your feedback on the security situation.

I thought however that HH is more remote and isolated than EL and also, EL has more superior security feature like motion detection and CCTV every 50 m and near a police station.

For all these reasons, EL should be just as safe as HH if not safer but then I also heard of breakins from the highway into Ledang Heights.

Further, my brother has a unit there and it is quite a laughing stock for the security to have to ask for my brother tel contact no and then to borrow my handphone to call my brother to verify that he is expecting a guest before letting my family in as no way for then to acertain that I am indeed calling my brother!

In this sense then, think EL may have better security - believe that they have intercom connected where the home owners can be intercom from the security but please correct me if I am wrong as forgot to check whether they have such intercom as common in Spore condos.

Anyway, saw also a Today's ad of a Suntec East Ledang exhibtion this Sat and Sun in Level 2, Room 207 from 12 to 6 pm - it mentioned exclusive pre-launch of Phase 8 which I know many forummers are keen to lay their hand on, especially on corner / garden facing units.

The ad indicated corner / garden facing units are available and if this is true, contrary to what other brothers feedback, then its good news for us who missed out on such good choice units in Phase 7.

Tanya

tanya88
10-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Seems like some ang mos are moving over... can't run away from foreign talent can we? :-p

http://expatjohor.blogspot.com/

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic51228-0-asc-60.html&sid=844af4979836aaa5e54e45cac48a14e2

The price differential between SG and JB is so great even ang mos are attracted to the idea of commuting to work from JB. Its quite common overseas for people to drive for an hour to work.

Lets hope the JB government be smart and fully exploit this.

Many thanks Coolsaint,

For pointing these two websites on expats buying up Nusajaya - fyi, I heard a big group of investors in going house shopping this weekend and will visit Bukit Indah, HH, East Ledang and other high end development.

It looks like prices in Nusajaya will be going up very soon!

Tanya

wuqi256
10-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks Wuqi,

I thought however that HH is more remote and isolated than EL and also, EL has more superior security feature like motion detection and CCTV every 50 m and near a police station.

For all these reasons, EL should be just as safe as HH if not safer but then I also heard of breakins from the highway into Ledang Heights.

Further, my brother has a unit there and it is quite a laughing stock for the security to have to ask for my brother tel contact no and then to borrow my handphone to call my brother to verify that he is expecting a guest before letting my family in as no way for then to acertain that I am indeed calling my brother!

In this sense then, think EL may have better security - believe that they have intercom connected where the home owners can be intercom from the security but please correct me if I am wrong as forgot to check whether they have such intercom as common in Spore condos.

Anyway, saw also a Today's ad of a Suntec East Ledang exhibtion this Sat and Sun in Level 2, Room 207 from 12 to 6 pm - it mentioned exclusive pre-launch of Phase 8 which I know many forummers are keen to lay their hand on, especially on corner / garden facing units.

The ad indicated corner / garden facing units are available and if this is true, contrary to what other brothers feedback, then its good news for us who missed out on such good choice units in Phase 7.

Tanya

Hi Tanya, i have actually been to EL before i went to HH. The area there will be prosperous soon but it will still be abit down the road whereas for HH, you can enjoy the amenities and convenience immediately(assuming your place is ready). I have a friend who posed the question to me exactly a year ago when i was waxing lyrical about EL. He asked me how come we will have to wait so long before things become ok for EL. He also asked me how come such tight security is required for EL, panic button, motion sensor etc and if LF or LH is affected by crime through the highway, how about EL which is right beside it. At least security situation in Nusa Idaman will not impact HH directly as its separated by a hill and no common fence/gate separates the 2. I told him maybe the developer has more thoughts about security in mind and hence the devices, etc for EL.

We had a very long discussion, after getting the first one at HH, my 2nd house was supposed to be in EL actually. We agreed in the end that security is always dependant on the human factor, no matter how sophisticated the devices, the attitude of the company that hires the guard is paramount. Its not a matter of 0 crime as its not possible but how seriously a place views security.

Guards who have been seen to be sleeping just once are systematically removed from their jobs, my neighbours has observed that their supervisor regularly patrols to check on guards. Even recently when my dad drove one of my other cars in HH, even though they recognise the car, they checked my dad thoroughly and called us before letting him enter.

We have feedback this before as its a loophole but from past and current observations, the guards will follow discreetly from a distance and will actually follow the car if they see it looping around more than once.

I know this because i was questioned twice for going around the neighbourhood in the middle of the night as i was moving things from one house to the other. This was inspite of my car being well known to the guards and i turned on lights, autogate, etc.

I have new friends from LH who has since moved to HH (very recently) and their comments about the area wasn't very encouraging.

Don't get me wrong, EL is good and its a very nice place with good design and architecture. I will choose EL over HH anytime if just based on design alone.
However, for any development, its always about location x 3, the area around EL is actually more isolated as though its beside the highway, it will still take a while before the place is busy enough to be thought safer.

It is also near the place where the businessman was shot and the connecting roads to the area is actually much more quiet as there are no major shopping areas or 24 x 7 places near the area. I drove around that area many times and its very near to Gelang Patah which although has good food, etc was not a very nice area.

The police station does helps a lot but that did not deter the business man from getting killed.

Once the highway besides the main road for HH is open, it will be pretty busy as it will connect to the new highway. The one thing i did not really like about EL was the open concept where there is no fencing so any of your neighbours can just visit you or bring their dogs, it may work for some folks but we prefer to have more privacy.

I once forgot to close my gates in HH, some neighbours were walking their dog and it ran in and discharged its urine on our lawn, we stopped the dog just in time as it was going to do a "deposit".

Another time, when we forgot to close the gates, the guards came by and rang our doorbell at night to check on us. When we didn't respond, he manually closed our gates for us. We only got to know in the morning when our neighbour told us about it.

wuqi256
10-12-2010, 07:11 PM
There are actually alot of unsolved crimes in many countries, we only hear what was resolved. For every case that they reported solved, many others may go unreported. Its just how good people manage their police force's image and PR.

wuqi256
10-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi Tanya88,

Just for sharing, I have visited my sis's house quite a number of times in Setia Eco garden. it's nearer to second link than causeway. Price shall be lower than above properties mentioned. (my sis bought around RM300k for double storey terrace) . it's gated and guarded. I observe that there are 3 layers of guardhouse within the premises, need to scan passes in & out. Once time, forgot to bring pass along, and the guard disallowed our entrance. Luckily one of our neighbour happened to be around, and escorted us in all the way. Can check http://www.spsetia.com.my/setia_eco_garden/
It's worth a visit even you have others better properties to consider.
FYI,don't be surprised by the number of Singaporean staying there. :)

Ok Setia has a number of properties which are good. Eco Setia though isn't.
Feedback from a neighbour recently who has a sibling and uncle staying there told us it wasn't a good buy. How? According to their feedback, the materials was not so good and the walls between each unit were found to be eggshell thin and had to be redone at great annoyance and irritation to the owners who were midway through moving in/renovation when this issue was discovered.

For the price, I would rather go for something like Nusa Duta, etc.

Investor
11-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Thanks Wuqi,

Tanya

It's obvious and simple, they told everyone that all corner units were already snapped up since two months back, so as to create a 'Hot property' effect and to make potential buyers book the balance units fast before they're all gone in a blink. Now that they have successfully get buyers to book all other units even before launching, they are letting go the 8 corner units which they said were fully booked earlier on. They stated in the newspaper as "Specially reserved".

Funds Transfer
11-12-2010, 02:34 AM
There are actually alot of unsolved crimes in many countries, we only hear what was resolved. For every case that they reported solved, many others may go unreported. Its just how good people manage their police force's image and PR.

You are right, Wuji.

As the report below shows, Singapore has its fair share of challenges.

:confused::mad::(

Headlines in The New Paper on Sunday; December 5, 2010

LEAVING IN FEAR

Victim who lost 3 fingers in savage slashing flees Singapore after attackers' release from detention.

Helpless dad fears for son's life, relocates family to 'neighbouring country'.

Is the place safer than Singapore?

See Page 6.

Investor
11-12-2010, 12:04 PM

Tanya

I called UEM and found out that the seminar is not held by UEM. It's organized by a group of investors who booked most of the corner units of phase 8.

Coolsaint77
11-12-2010, 01:40 PM
About Phase 8... what happens is, indeed they are mostly booked. I am one of those who booked a corner unit after someone backed out.

The thing is pricing is not even finalised. They are planning to raise the price from between 10% to 15% vs Phase 7.

By then, those who are not happy with the price can still back out. That is why it is fully booked. If you are interested in any unit, just choose a unit and join the queue. When the pricing is out, you can still back out without losing your deposit. It is expected at least 10% - 30% might back out when the pricing is released.

This is also a market testing approach. Basically i told my sales guy outright, attractive as the property is... i am not going to overpay. Phase 7 itself is already not cheap, hence a 10% increase is already very steep.

ginfreely
11-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks Wuqi,

Tanya

Hi HH has similar enhanced type of security as East Ledang for the Hills precinct i.e home panic button, CCTV at the perimeter fencing etc. The Golf and Gateway precincts don't have that.

Investor
12-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Hi HH has similar enhanced type of security as East Ledang for the Hills precinct i.e home panic button, CCTV at the perimeter fencing etc. The Golf and Gateway precincts don't have that.

Wow that's good! So future precincts which will be marketed at higher prices will also come with better quality and facilities like high tech securities.

tanya88
12-12-2010, 03:22 PM

Thanks Ginfreely,

For the above information.

Note however that for EL, the outer boundary perimeter no only does it has CCTV but also motion detection sensor and also vehicle plate recognition technology which none other developments, including future precincts of HH can boost off.

The problem with EL however is that its neighbour Ledang Height is only now trying to install CCTV and motion detection sensor to its boundary perimeter fence in view of the breakins - so when this installaion is completed (they already started but no sure when they will complete), the whole East Ledang/Ledang Height place will be much secured.

Tanya

tanya88
12-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi Brothers,

Is anyone aware or heard that early next week, the causwway will have a special land for the MACS (automated clearence system) holder?

Is this is true, it will be a boon to all those having MACS as no more queue for us as now with the holidays, unfortunately even 2nd link has a bit of traffic during the peak hours.

The other thing that I heard is that just next to East Ledang, they are going to build a big RM 2 billion integrated transport exchange and commercial centre/shopping mall just like HDB Hub in Toa Payoh or Jurong Point Shopping Centre/Integrated Bus/MRT Boon Lay Exchange.

Apparently this was only recently decide and was a massive upscaling of their initial plan to have a commercial centre around East Ledang.

Anyone has heard anything about this?

Tanya

danteakc
12-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Anyone knows any shops near bestmart whom they sell roast pork, roast duck and bamboo stick and nether world money paper?

Thanks.

wuqi256
13-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Anyone knows any shops near bestmart whom they sell roast pork, roast duck and bamboo stick and nether world money paper?

Thanks.

Oh yes, in fact, along Nusa Bestari, roast stuff can get at a lot of shops. For offerings, outside best mart, there are shops where they sell the joss paper, etc.

wuqi256
13-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Thanks for sharing Tanya, it wasn't just a single break in at LH. LH needs to do more to shore up security concerns and it needs to do it fast to avoid being the weakest link for EL.

Everything is useless if the guys sharing the same fence on the other side chooses to do nothing. Its good to see them doing things now.

ginfreely
13-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Wow that's good! So future precincts which will be marketed at higher prices will also come with better quality and facilities like high tech securities.

Hi not sure whether all future precincts will be like that but when I was there about two months ago, the developer was already selling the terraces at The Hills precinct at more than RM600k - similar pricing to EL terraces - understand the higher pricing due to difference in quality and security features. At that same time, the developer was also selling the South Golf terraces at around RM466k. :)

Coolsaint77
13-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Sigh... i hope wikileak is not going to kill our investments.

The premium developments like HH and EL have their properties snapped up like nobody's business... for EL most of the terraces are booked even before they managed to build the showhouse.

But for those looking for budget houses, take a look at Nusa Idaman's new launches. The prices have gone up but the market is definitely more subdued. Can still get reasonably good units at decent price.

Investor
14-12-2010, 01:56 AM
I just found out from Straits Times, page B15(full page), that there is Malaysia Property Gallery located at 2 Shenton Way #01-02 SGX Centre 1. They are featuring a number of properties in Johor developed by UEM Land Holdings Berhad from 13th Dec to 9th Jan. Prices from SGD$106,000 to SGD$300,000.

Monday to Friday : 9am to 7pm
Sat and Sun : 10am to 5pm

Free property tour to Nusajaya this Sunday, 19th Dec.
To book:
Call (65) 6438 0312
Email [email protected]